SportsWrath

I get it is yahoo sports...but

Chuck Wagon

I've been reading this on a website or two.

All I got to say is grow the fuck up to all the media and ex players lol

Fucking Judge says "We are going to build a disciplined team with good fundamentals"

He disciplines the players for fucking up in practice and the media goes nuts like he's literally whipping the players.

32 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I've been reading this on a website or two.

All I got to say is grow the fuck up to all the media and ex players lol

Fucking Judge says "We are going to build a disciplined team with good fundamentals"

He disciplines the players for fucking up in practice and the media goes nuts like he's literally whipping the players.

I know......and the actual players.....respect him for it.

What is the issue here?

C. Wagon

He’s trying to sell a book and make a name for himself in sports media. That’s hard enough to do as a former athlete who was actually good.  Schwartz is another one.  Everytime I see him slinging another loud hot take I get an angry reminder that we had the Schwartz brother with 90% less talent 

Who would’ve thought.  The yahoo author prob owed him a favor 

There was some article about Judge laying into Barkley for missing a block that would of gotten Jones on the IR if it wasn't practice.

The guy writing was saying "you got to treat your franchise players differently because you want them to stick around, he shouldn't get in Barkley's face"

It's like Barkley's worst part of his game is his pass blocking if anything he should be forced to practice keeping Jones upright till Saquon passes out. 

First of all, I can remember Saint Coughlin and Perry Fewell making players do push-ups when they fucked up. 

Second... they're making them do... CONDITIONING? Please no... anything but that! You can't make a professional athlete do conditioning! They're GROWN MEN!  What's next, conditioning for the armed forces recruits when they fuck up in basic? 

Third, as someone who regularly has to motivate large groups of kids I can tell you... you can always start out "too tough" and ease up. If you try starting off easy and then wanna tighten the ship... good fucking luck with that. 

And finally, fuck Shannon Sharpe, Geoff Schwarz and whoever the other guys were. They're just trying to get clicks. 

I've watched as much as the practices as I can, and one thing that leaps out is the pace. I can't recall ever seeing as many reps from as many players as we're seeing now. Judge is getting a nice honeymoon phase out of the team, it looks like everybody is buying in, I highly doubt anybody on the team would call it imbecilic.... basic, maybe.... it's a very back-to-our-roots sort of practice methodology: fast-paced fundamentals, as many reps as possible, doing the things that will be done on the field every play. 

I'm really glad to see a lot of work on combo block timing. They're drilling the shit out of the OL on that. 

7 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I've watched as much as the practices as I can, and one thing that leaps out is the pace. I can't recall ever seeing as many reps from as many players as we're seeing now. Judge is getting a nice honeymoon phase out of the team, it looks like everybody is buying in, I highly doubt anybody on the team would call it imbecilic.... basic, maybe.... it's a very back-to-our-roots sort of practice methodology: fast-paced fundamentals, as many reps as possible, doing the things that will be done on the field every play. 

I'm really glad to see a lot of work on combo block timing. They're drilling the shit out of the OL on that. 

It's why I loved the fact that Judge hired Garrett, he was going to bring Colombo with him wherever he went.

Also like you said he has that Belichick mentality of "having the next man up" getting everyon involved in reps/snaps so that if  a guy goes down or someone is stronger elsewhere they can fit right into gameday.

One thing I always admired from Belichick was his ability to use players wherever they could be used to their strengths.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, Sephiroth said:

First of all, I can remember Saint Coughlin and Perry Fewell making players do push-ups when they fucked up. 

Second... they're making them do... CONDITIONING? Please no... anything but that! You can't make a professional athlete do conditioning! They're GROWN MEN!  What's next, conditioning for the armed forces recruits when they fuck up in basic? 

Third, as someone who regularly has to motivate large groups of kids I can tell you... you can always start out "too tough" and ease up. If you try starting off easy and then wanna tighten the ship... good fucking luck with that. 

And finally, fuck Shannon Sharpe, Geoff Schwarz and whoever the other guys were. They're just trying to get clicks. 

Its easier to lighten up after tightening up... Teaching 101.  :laugh:  I used to tell the college kids about the papers early on and that I would still be correcting them during the Christmas Holidays with the semester ending two weeks before that.  I also remembering saying that my lowest grade was a B and that you had to work hard the opposite way to get a B.  Out of my 11 years as a professor I only had to fail one person out of close to a thousand students.  :laugh:

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Im more fucking hype for this coach and team than the last 5 years of Giants football.

And they haven't even taking a snap yet.

Me too man. I can’t help but feel Joe Judge is going to bring us many years of great football.

Of course I could be jumping the gun here, but I’m definitely excited to see.