SportsWrath

Damn I miss this guy.

Sephiroth

44 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Him and Jacobs both ran like they didn't give a fuck just get the yards and worry about your body tomorrow.

Both hit the wall in much the same way.

Guy was a hell of a good RB.

and I know he left here on not good terms but Shockey played the same way. 

I loved Shockey, especially loved how he came in as a receiving guy who built his blocking into a strength.

2 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I loved Shockey, especially loved how he came in as a receiving guy who built his blocking into a strength.

Shockey was a head of his time he was a Evan Engram when playcallers just seen TEs as extra blockers and short yardage guys.

Shockey is and will remain one of my favorite Giants.

Sorry, I've said this before. Jacobs should have been way better, he didn't run hard enough at the line. When he got through, watch out, but he never made as much impact as he should.

Bradshaw was the better back and ran harder. That's why he ended up as starter. Big fan of the kid.

3 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Sorry, I've said this before. Jacobs should have been way better, he didn't run hard enough at the line. When he got through, watch out, but he never made as much impact as he should.

Bradshaw was the better back and ran harder. That's why he ended up as starter. Big fan of the kid.

Jacobs suffered from injuries though you could tell after most runs he looked like an old man getting up, also I don't know what you mean by making an impact, he set the tone for many games.

But there's a reason why most RBs aren't 6ft mammoths.

Also the only time it mattered for him to hit the line he made it count.

Go back to the first Pats SB and before Eli's miracle pass there was a fourth and one where Diehl shit his block and Jacobs was meet two yards behind the line.

The only reason we are talking about two SB wins is because Jacobs decided he wasn't going to be stopped.

I think you are either a Brandon Jacobs fan or Ahmad Bradshaw fan.

Firmly in the Brandon Jacobs camp.  Jacobs punished defenses each time he got the ball and he was so much fun to watch while he was doing it.  The only way they took him down was to go after his knees and below.  Can't play like that for 10 plus seasons.

45 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Not to take anything away from Bradshaw in 2007, but holy shit what a difference a COMPETENT offensive line makes.

Honestly that line of McKenzie, Sueburt, O'Hara, Snee and Diehl were one of the best to ever be in the NFL.

They literally opened truck lanes for Tiki, Bradshaw, Jacobs.

Snee was one of the best pulling guards when he played and he constantly planted LBs on their ass.

Eli had all day to throw.

22 hours ago, Pdouble said:

I was going to bring him up too, as far as players most missed.  I wish he would have been around for the super bowl runs.

The Tampa playoff game is when my Eagles fan roommate at the time fell in love with Bradshaw. 

I loved both Bradshaw and Jacobs, but Boohyah is right.  The difference between the to was Bradshaw hit the line like he if would make a hole if one wasn't there.  Jacobs waited for a hole to open and then wanted to punish safeties.  Both were great in their own way, but I always felt Jacobs should have had a much bigger impact than he did, there were a lot of failed conversions on short yardage because he wouldn't just plow into the pile. He was a little bi-polar as a player, there were games when he played to his size, but a lot of games he tried to be Barry Sanders in the backfield.

5 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I was going to bring him up too, as far as players most missed.  I wish he would have been around for the super bowl runs.

The Tampa playoff game is when my Eagles fan roommate at the time fell in love with Bradshaw. 

I loved both Bradshaw and Jacobs, but Boohyah is right.  The difference between the to was Bradshaw hit the line like he if would make a hole if one wasn't there.  Jacobs waited for a hole to open and then wanted to punish safeties.  Both were great in their own way, but I always felt Jacobs should have had a much bigger impact than he did, there were a lot of failed conversions on short yardage because he wouldn't just plow into the pile. He was a little bi-polar as a player, there were games when he played to his size, but a lot of games he tried to be Barry Sanders in the backfield.

Because he didn't hit the line yard enough, he was often stood up and targeted by linebacker and linemen. That has a lingering effect over time when a big guy like him ends being battered. He was also remarkably ineffective on 3rd and shorts and that was what we thought would be his speciality. We were often off the field when we should have been on it.He was a good player, not great. Good teamate, good blocker. He was a specimen. But Bradshaw was better overall

On 7/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, Herc said:

Bradshaw was better pound for pound.  Love them both though 

I love Bradshaw... he was pound for pound the biggest man on the field....hands down. 

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Never seen anyone run harder than Bradshaw. It was like he was angry at the ground, and the ground was getting the worst of it 

Not until I seen Barkley on the field have I seen a more dominate player on the ground in blue.

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Not until I seen Barkley on the field have I seen a more dominate player on the ground in blue.

Well, I don't know if I'm reading this exactly right, but Tiki is still the standard bearer for NYG running backs for me.  All due respect to Joe Morris, who I didn't really see, and Hampton, who is still my favorite back.

18 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Agreed. This whole hate on Tiki is ridiculous. He has acted like a dick but he was stellar as a Giant.

And yeah, Rodney will always be the man. That's the 27 who ran hard.

I was big on hating Tiki for years, and he was definitely a jerk, but I can't help but feel bad for him.  He wanted so bad to have what Strahan has now, and the media used him to get some controversy started, and Tiki didn't know better or wasn't a good enough man to not take the locker room to the media.  But he's paid for his sins and more, and I wish he would have gotten a big gig now looking back, but of course wish he would have handled himself with more class. 

But when it comes to playing, that dude could ball.  Fumbles aside, he was one of the greats of his generation and should probably be a hall of famer. If he would have played another year or two at the level he did his last 4 or 5 years, it'd be no question.

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Well, I don't know if I'm reading this exactly right, but Tiki is still the standard bearer for NYG running backs for me.  All due respect to Joe Morris, who I didn't really see, and Hampton, who is still my favorite back.

Tiki was a great runner but he was a complete runner, he could do it all much like Barkley.

I just meant Bradshaw was more of a physical runner then Tiki although Tiki was still a power house when he needed to be but he also knew when he didn't have to take a hit.

In all honesty though Barkley is far and away the best back the Giants have ever had so far talent wise and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

The kid in his first year broke almost every Giants single season rushing record infact I think he did break every single one, with one of the worst Olines this team had ever seen.

In his injured year he was still setting records.

OBJ was only on the team 5 years but I can still say he was the most talented WR the Giants have ever seen.

13 hours ago, boohyah said:

Agreed. This whole hate on Tiki is ridiculous. He has acted like a dick but he was stellar as a Giant.

And yeah, Rodney will always be the man. That's the 27 who ran hard.

As a football player, Tiki was outstanding... the whole hate on him, if you wanna call it that, is because he's acted like a dick... I don't hate him and I'm sure many of us here don't "hate" him... we just think he's a dick...

15 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Joe Morris was a joy to watch. Could have been a fringe HOF level guy sans injuries. He was just before my time, but I've watched a lot of old games. Best recent comp imo is Maurice Jones Drew.

3 hours ago, Nas said:

As a football player, Tiki was outstanding... the whole hate on him, if you wanna call it that, is because he's acted like a dick... I don't hate him and I'm sure many of us here don't "hate" him... we just think he's a dick...

Nah, a few years there was hate. There was hate on here. Time might have cooled that down but it existed.

He dared call out Eli. And then he got shit on after we won the superbowl.  Deserved, somewhat. But when you hear guys say that he didn't run hard in his last season, it had more to do with how he acted, not how he played. Because if you watched him play you knew how hard he played.

His game against the team formerly known as the Redskins may have been the best game a Giant outside of LT ever played.