SportsWrath

Damn I miss this guy.

Sephiroth

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

Nah, a few years there was hate. There was hate on here. Time might have cooled that down but it existed.

He dared call out Eli. And then he got shit on after we won the superbowl.  Deserved, somewhat. But when you hear guys say that he didn't run hard in his last season, it had more to do with how he acted, not how he played. Because if you watched him play you knew how hard he played.

His game against the team formerly known as the Redskins may have been the best game a Giant outside of LT ever played.

Yea I see your point... The dude was phenomenal but made some boneheaded career/professional decisions. 

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

Nah, a few years there was hate. There was hate on here. Time might have cooled that down but it existed.

He dared call out Eli. And then he got shit on after we won the superbowl.  Deserved, somewhat. But when you hear guys say that he didn't run hard in his last season, it had more to do with how he acted, not how he played. Because if you watched him play you knew how hard he played.

His game against the team formerly known as the Redskins may have been the best game a Giant outside of LT ever played.

The Wellington Mara game I think, Barber was incredible that day.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

A lot of it was personal life choices too. He publicly fucked around on his pregnant wife. Not cool, not forgotten.

That was fucked up no question.

I actually met the guy on the street around 79th street just after he retired and folks swarmed him when they realized who he was, but he was very cool with everyone. 

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

The Wellington Mara game I think, Barber was incredible that day.

I don't think that was the Mara game.  We kicked the shit out of the skins in the Mara game like 35 to 7 or some shit, but Tiki's final year, it was like the 2nd to last game of the year and we were, if I remember correctly, fighting for a playoff spot with the Eagles the last week.  Tiki single handedly won that game.

12 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I don't think that was the Mara game.  We kicked the shit out of the skins in the Mara game like 35 to 7 or some shit, but Tiki's final year, it was like the 2nd to last game of the year and we were, if I remember correctly, fighting for a playoff spot with the Eagles the last week.  Tiki single handedly won that game.

you're right, the Mara game was a year earlier. Barber pretty much single handedly won that one too, one of three 200 yard games he had that season. 

his last couple years were insane. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 6:32 PM, Virginia Giant said:

Final game of the 06 season. It was Tiki's last regular season game. Ran for something like 234 and 3 TDs. He was a monster and although I think he had to leave for Eli to grow into the eventual 2X Super Bowl MVP QB he became, part of me wishes it was a backfield of Barber, Jacobs and Bradshaw in 07.