SportsWrath

Ogletree cut

Herc

12 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Savings vs dead money likely means Solder is a giant this year.  Bethea and Ellison I would assume are cut soon. 

Yeh , I know that we would save 6.5 M by cutting Solder but leave behind 13 M in dead money , so I agree PDub he is probably safe. Plus .... who the fuck do we get to play LT ?

17 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

Martin I understand, but why Ogletree? He's been a very solid player for us.

His cap hit really doesn't fit what we were getting out of Ogletree. 

Would of cost the team 11+ million to keep him this season that's like top 10 in the NFL type of money for a LB.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

that is very debatable.

he put a lot of low effort plays on film last year. 

some said his five INTs in 2018 were just right place, right time, almost dumb luck. 

Reminds me of that safety Stevie Brown or whatever.

Had that one year with multiple INTs but almost all of them were just dumb luck being in the spot the QB threw a duck too.

Just an awful safety lol

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Reminds me of that safety Stevie Brown or whatever.

Had that one year with multiple INTs but almost all of them were just dumb luck being in the spot the QB threw a duck too.

Just an awful safety lol

Lol, like seven picks or something... He got hurt too, if I'm remembering right we never really got to see his career play out on the field.

Ogletree got slow. In college he was a fast, slightly undersized, sideline to sideline linebacker. Converted safety. He doesn't play like a former safety though.

No surprises yet.  Doubt Solder gets cut and would be surprised if Remmers gets another one year deal to stay.  After the 2018 season the Giants have been very clear about how much they do not care about dead money counting towards the cap.  I'm sure there are some tough cuts coming, these two were easy.

14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I always felt he was a better TE then what Shurmur was using him for.

He might as well walk away with his health, no need to keep trying to play if you think the last concussion was too much.

With Engram only able to play 5-10 games a season, this will create yet another big hole they have to fill. 

Maybe they should consider bringing in Whitten as a back up. He had better numbers than Ellison last year. 

17 minutes ago, JayD said:

With Engram only able to play 5-10 games a season, this will create yet another big hole they have to fill. 

Maybe they should consider bringing in Whitten as a back up. He had better numbers than Ellison last year. 

I think they have something in smith.  At worst he’s a good platoon mate for engram 

23 hours ago, JayD said:

Smith looked pretty good for the time he filled in for Engram.

I'd like to see the Giants try to go after someone like Jacob Hollister from the Seahawks or if they feel like Engram is never going to be a 16 game a year guy, throw money at Hunter Henry.