SportsWrath

Eli retiring

Herc

One of my favorite Eli games wasn't even in the playoffs.

2006 against the Eagles in week 2.

Giants were down 21 points heading into the fourth quarter in Philly.

Eli got sacked like 14 times that game and Toomer set a then franchise record for most receptions in a game.

Eli lead a come back to win the game in OT with a pass that was a copy of the pass to Burress in the SB a year later.

At that moment I knew if Eli could play like that in January this team would make some noise.

1 hour ago, echochamber said:

This idea that Eli only played two great games, only had a couple great passes, won because of flukes, or was never one if the top QBs for an extended period of time (most naysayers say around 5 years) is complete bullshit. 

From 12-2007 through the 2012 season, Eli was an absolute stud and, at a minimum, top 5 QB in the league.  He had the wins, come from behind victories, the stats, the SB trophies, and the SB MVPs.  After the 2012 season, his stats were still very good and he was still a top 10 QB for a few more years.

The stat compiler argument is horseshit too.  If it's so damn easy, why don't more QBs do it?  Will Eli eventually get knocked out of the top 10 in stats?  Sure... probably a decade or two or three from now with current arena league rules.

Eli was fucking awesome.  My fav offensive player ever and, without a doubt, a HOFer.  Fuck the jealous naysayers.  Eli, I love you man.

Yep, like I said this idea that his career is defined by 2 miracle plays that saved his ass is ridiculous.  He did so much more, and one of those plays doesn’t qualify for it anyway.  

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Damn near teared up watching the press conference.

Not to often does any franchise get a QB or a player who lasts 16 years in the NFL.

We were spoiled as fans to have Eli.

Near?

I just finished watching it. I got waterworks over here. 

Does that make me gay?

One thing coming out is just how respected and admired Eli was in the Giants organization by every coach, player, FO member.

He's such a calm and collected guy hearing these stories about what type of character he was every day in the building is soemthing you just have to laugh at and truely sums up the person and player Eli really was that we really didn't see.

Hearing about how he would be in on off days for hours watching and planning for defenses. 

Hours spent in extra practice time with WRs, TEs, RBs.

Just unreal to think he is no longer on the sidelines anymore, unsettling almost.

Giants handled this whole ceremony with class yesterday. And there's nothing more you can say about Eli in terms of class. The last 6 seasons weren't a whole lot to write home about, but he never threw anyone under bus, coaches, players.organization. You could see yesterday how much the Giants meant to him and what Eli meant to Mara. Good stuff, easy to be a fan of this organization yesterday.

The last few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster, you just get the feeling now we're getting our shit together.

Was looking at that picture of all the players Eli has thrown a TD too.

OBJ is a clear lead with 44, Burress second with 33 and Nicks with 28 TDs.

I really hope they can find Jones a clear #1 WR to throw the ball too at some point in time.

It helped Eli out immensely.

Also forgot how much of a TD machine OBJ was kinda wish he didn't go fucking nuts and was traded.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:51 AM, BlueInCanada said:

Was looking at that picture of all the players Eli has thrown a TD too.

OBJ is a clear lead with 44, Burress second with 33 and Nicks with 28 TDs.

I really hope they can find Jones a clear #1 WR to throw the ball too at some point in time.

It helped Eli out immensely.

Also forgot how much of a TD machine OBJ was kinda wish he didn't go fucking nuts and was traded.

Darius Slayton is the guy at the moment, he'll have to build on it next season to secure it.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:08 PM, BlueInCanada said:

One thing coming out is just how respected and admired Eli was in the Giants organization by every coach, player, FO member.

He's such a calm and collected guy hearing these stories about what type of character he was every day in the building is soemthing you just have to laugh at and truely sums up the person and player Eli really was that we really didn't see.

Hearing about how he would be in on off days for hours watching and planning for defenses. 

Hours spent in extra practice time with WRs, TEs, RBs.

Just unreal to think he is no longer on the sidelines anymore, unsettling almost.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, Pdouble said:

I’m not sure we’ve seen higher praise for Eli anywhere. 

On 1/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

The prophet Elijah was at worst olive skinned/Sephardic. 

So Eli is a diminutive for Elijah...elisha..as named...but Eli is the diminutive fkr that as well. 

So he has some real black in his ancestry fo real, yo

he was born in Mississippi bro... it figures he has some Black in him...