SportsWrath

Eli retiring

Herc

17 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Might have won a third one if Plax doesn't shoot himself in the thigh in 2008.  A big what-if.

Yep, I think we were 10-1 at that point... and we we rolling over everyone... so much so that the game looked fake to me... everything we did worked... winning was too easy... Dammit Plax.

On 1/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, Prince_Nas said:

Yep, I think we were 10-1 at that point... and we we rolling over everyone... so much so that the game looked fake to me... everything we did worked... winning was too easy... Dammit Plax.

Word... I was so disappointed.  Plus Bloomberg made a big thing out of it like  he stormed Gracie Mansion with a 44 Magnum...give me a break.

6 hours ago, Prince_Nas said:

I swear I think that was the last time I truly felt confident about the Giants in any season.

3 hours ago, Balloonknott said:

I swear I think that was the last time I truly felt confident about the Giants in any season.

Yep, that season I think it is clear the Giants were the team to beat.  Hard to say if it was losing Plax the player that derailed them or the entire clusterfuck around the shooting or what percentage of both, but I think up until the incident I was never before and never since more confident in a Giants team week to week and seasonal destination. 

I still maintain that 2008 team was a bit of farce for what the record was.

The first 10 games of that year was a pretty easy schedule, I think only two teams the Giants faced had winning records, Steelers and Cowboys at the time.

The defence was horribly exposed the last 8 games of the year as well, giving up 20+ or more points in almost every game. Once teams realized that Spags couldn't adjust a game plan to save his life it was just a constant spectacle of watching the defence get burned on short/mid yardage throws week after week.

The playoff game was just an example of Reid exploiting a very over rated Giants team that never really faced any real competition till the last six weeks of the year with the simple forumla of 1) Make Eli throw and 2) Pick up the blitz and throw to the TE for 20+ yards.

Plus Plax wasnt even a key part of the team that year, the passing game was the weakest part of the team, Eli barely had more than 3000 yards and not a single WR had more than 600 yards, losing Plax wasn't a big deal.