SportsWrath

Giants hire joe judge

Herc

I mean from what I've read he's a players coach and is one of those X's and O's guy who knows football.

Other than that the Patriots WRs have been one of their worst units on the team and so has their special teams.

This is such a Schurmur signing lol

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

Screams of a comparison to McAdoo.  I am not thrilled

He's coached nothing but special teams and was last year promoted to WR coach as well.

Such a weird fucking signing.

It all depends on who he brings in at OC and DC because you know he isn't going to keep a single guy here.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's coached nothing but special teams and was last year promoted to WR coach as well.

Such a weird fucking signing.

It all depends on who he brings in at OC and DC because you know he isn't going to keep a single guy here.

I'm good with cleaning out the coaches...but worry that this guy's the right one to do it

I guess a positive is that Bill Billycheeck held onto this guy over multiple years and has said he's head coach material.

One of the few guys he's been mentoring type of thing.

Other than that who the fuck knows.

Hopefully he brings in Phillips as DC and someone exciting as OC.

They’re reaching out to Jason Garrett to run the offense, which is smart. Garrett would have been a better head coach candidate, though. The man had one losing season in like 13 as the coach of the Cowboys.

Just now, Storm said:

They’re reaching out to Jason Garrett to run the offense, which is smart. Garrett would have been a better head coach candidate, though. The man had one losing season in like 13 as the coach of the Cowboys.

I always felt it was the talent that won then more games than Garrett's coaching.

Could also be a scenario of "Hey Jason come be the OC and if this Judge guy shits the bed your next in line"

If they could get Garrett and Phillips to be the coordinators suddenly this team doesn't look so bad coaching wise.

All reports are players love Judge.

So maybe they wanted a motivator HC and get some coordinators who know how to do their job.

Probably don't want a HC calling plays after being scorned by MacAttack and the recently departed.

10 minutes ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Seems like they loved him. He must have aced the interview and blew them away.

How did he even get an interview?

idk it’s just shocking but he better be good.

Just now, Prince_Nas said:

How did he even get an interview?

idk it’s just shocking but he better be good.

He's been regarded for a HC candidates for awhile now.

Guess Billy the all and powerful has raved about this guy and really gone to bat saying he's head coaching material.

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I always felt it was the talent that won then more games than Garrett's coaching.

Could also be a scenario of "Hey Jason come be the OC and if this Judge guy shits the bed your next in line"

Maybe so, but Ben Mcadoo went like 4-12 with talent. I just don’t see how a guy can so consistently win and face so much criticism. Especially from a franchise like the Giants who haven’t been even in contention for the playoffs in like 4 years.

7 minutes ago, Storm said:

Maybe so, but Ben Mcadoo went like 4-12 with talent. I just don’t see how a guy can so consistently win and face so much criticism. Especially from a franchise like the Giants who haven’t been even in contention for the playoffs in like 4 years.

Think it's just the fact his team has always underperformed in big situations or in the playoffs.

I mean they should of easily made the playoffs this year in a very very weak division yet they were sitting at home.

Unfortunately you can keep winning in the regular season but if you can't in January then it's all for nothing at the end of the day.

NFL is a win now league unfortunately no owner, GM, fanbase wants to give guys a chance. 

Its why McCarthy was kicked out of Green Bay.

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

Right. We have no business complaining.  Guys record is better than ours since he started coaching

One note on the #Giants: Matt Rhule called them before signing his 6-year deal with the #Panthers and gave them the opportunity to match and lure him to get on the plane. They declined and hired Joe Judge instead.