SportsWrath

Giants hire joe judge

Herc

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

What makes you think he knows nothing about our roster?. Didn't we play them this year?

Yeah, it makes the Jones quote disingenuous. He didn’t go into those interviews without knowing the ins and outs of the roster.

29 minutes ago, Storm said:

Yeah, it makes the Jones quote disingenuous. He didn’t go into those interviews without knowing the ins and outs of the roster.

Not necessarily.

I mean he only got a call for the interview a couple days before being brought in.

I highly doubt outside of some basic research that he knows more than what most pundits or fans do.

I'm sure when he gets his staff together is when the real work begins on diving into the roster and game film learning the ins and outs.

I mean not saying he doesn't know who Jones is or what his general plan would be for him.

I'm willing to bet though he's going to rely on whatever the next OC has to say.

This guy's interview has me more stoked than in the last 5-6 years. McAdoo looked like he escaped from an asylum with someone else's clothes, Shurmur looked like a fucking powdered sugar donut!

This guy looks the real deal and gave all the right answers and looks like he has that smashmouth attitude that can handle the NY Media well. Second, he is not trying to be too much - he is retaining the ST Coach McGaughey for the 2020 season. He just wants to be a detail oriented guy who will coach players - being a ST guy, his relationship building skills with players are through the roof, and his philosophy of putting the best combination of players in any given situation is a typical Bellichick thing - and this way he gets to know the strengths and weaknesses of every player and I truly feel we are going to see some innovative player packages. One thing for sure - Im definitely a competent FB will be involved a lot more than the last 25 years.

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

This guy's interview has me more stoked than in the last 5-6 years. McAdoo looked like he escaped from an asylum with someone else's clothes, Shurmur looked like a fucking powdered sugar donut!

This guy looks the real deal and gave all the right answers and looks like he has that smashmouth attitude that can handle the NY Media well. Second, he is not trying to be too much - he is retaining the ST Coach McGaughey for the 2020 season. He just wants to be a detail oriented guy who will coach players - being a ST guy, his relationship building skills with players are through the roof, and his philosophy of putting the best combination of players in any given situation is a typical Bellichick thing - and this way he gets to know the strengths and weaknesses of every player and I truly feel we are going to see some innovative player packages. One thing for sure - Im definitely a competent FB will be involved a lot more than the last 25 years.

What?  You didn't like the 'Cock swing pass?  It was 2 yards guaranteed EVERY GAME. 

So after watching his press conference I can see why he nailed his interview:

We hired a 38 year old Tom Coughlin.

He said all the right things and what I really focused in on was how he plans to utilize the roster.  Now this is something we have seen and heard before yet I'm looking forward to seeing this team in August.

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

So after watching his press conference I can see why he nailed his interview:

We hired a 38 year old Tom Coughlin.

He said all the right things and what I really focused in on was how he plans to utilize the roster.  Now this is something we have seen and heard before yet I'm looking forward to seeing this team in August.

I really liked his talk about having the best versatile players they can get, and coaching to a guys strengths and not their weaknesses.

Really a lot we see from Billycheek, using players wherever they can to win games, regardless of their primary position.