SportsWrath

Anyone Who Blames Eli

carl 1010

Yeah, I don't understand the "living in the past" argument when we're talking about championships less than a decade old. It'd be different if the Giants hadn't had any success in the new millennium and we were all talking smack about the 1990 win.

Aside from that, the Giants are the only team that has beaten the Patriots in a Super Bowl during the Belicek/Brady era, easily the most prolific QB/Head Coach duo in recent history. And they did it twice.

So very true. It seems to me that Giants fans have the thing that should always be "checkmate" in an argument with Eagles fans, but those jealous dolts just come back with the same old line.... "Stop living in the past".

So very true. It seems to me that Giants fans have the thing that should always be "checkmate" in an argument with Eagles fans, but those jealous dolts just come back with the same old line.... "Stop living in the past".

and then they go talking about pre-superbowl championships and beating lombardi.

Foles - 6 TD's 2 INT's

Manning - 5 TD's 4 INT's

And still somehow manges to to get the job done...

LOL. Where did I say Foles was a bad QB? I just said he had an outlier season when it came to interceptions. Even you have to admit it's doubtful that he's thrown his last INT of the year...

I've seen plenty of 6-2 seasons go toes-up to 8-8. I've also seen 0-2 win a Lombardi.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen this year, but let's see what happens down the road.

I wasn't expecting too much at the beginning of this season, with a new offense and line--I figured we'd lose the first two, and wouldn't have been surprised if we lost last week. I have no illusions that Thursday is a foregone conclusion, but if we get past it at 2-2, you might start looking in your rear-view.

Don't worry about Manning. His completion percentage has climbed steadily over the 3 games, as has his rating. The ints were in the two losses, against two teams that have played well so far. If the completion percentage stabilizes, and the line continues to gel, the INT rate will drop. And we may have a decent running game for the first time in years, since before our last SB run (I live in that past, too). That's going to help a lot. If things continue to climb, I may have to admit I was wrong to all the Gilbride-haters, and nothing would make me happier.

Meanwhile, you're seeing your first serious injury in a while. And spotting your opponent 10+ points a game is no way to go through a season.

Hubris, my man. Beware of hubris.

LOL. Where did I say Foles was a bad QB? I just said he had an outlier season when it came to interceptions. Even you have to admit it's doubtful that he's thrown his last INT of the year...

I've seen plenty of 6-2 seasons go toes-up to 8-8. I've also seen 0-2 win a Lombardi.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen this year, but let's see what happens down the road.

I wasn't expecting too much at the beginning of this season, with a new offense and line--I figured we'd lose the first two, and wouldn't have been surprised if we lost last week. I have no illusions that Thursday is a foregone conclusion, but if we get past it at 2-2, you might start looking in your rear-view.

Don't worry about Manning. His completion percentage has climbed steadily over the 3 games, as has his rating. The ints were in the two losses, against two teams that have played well so far. If the completion percentage stabilizes, and the line continues to gel, the INT rate will drop. And we may have a decent running game for the first time in years, since before our last SB run (I live in that past, too). That's going to help a lot. If things continue to climb, I may have to admit I was wrong to all the Gilbride-haters, and nothing would make me happier.

Meanwhile, you're seeing your first serious injury in a while. And spotting your opponent 10+ points a game is no way to go through a season.

When did that ever happen? :cool:

What are your feelings on Jordan Matthews? Think he'll fill Jackson's shoes? I can't believe Maclin will stay healthy for a whole season so I'm betting on him stepping up.

I do see Matthews eventually becoming one of the go to guys, but let's face it. He can't fill #10's shoes in the speed catagory (who can?). On the other hand, he's more physical and is more adept to the "float one high into the corner of the endzone for a TD" that Djax wasn't. So, he won't fill Djax' shoes but rather lace up his own. Nobody is counting on Maclin to stay healthy judging by his contract, so we'll use and abuse him before we trade him next year (IMO). Kelly's offense isn't really built for small speed demons. It's more about guys like Matthews, Cooper and Ertz..

And get this... the Giants opponents for the first three games are a combined 7-2. "Easy part of the schedule" my ass.

The Giants still aren't a good team right now, but they might be an average one... and average teams can ascend to be good ones.

I really don't feel like any of the injuries we're dealing with right now (Tobin, Lane Johnson, and Kelce) are all that serious. Realistically they will likely all be back after the bye which leaves us in pretty good shape by week 10 when it counts.

And get this... the Giants opponents for the first three games are a combined 7-2. "Easy part of the schedule" my ass.

The Giants still aren't a good team right now, but they might be an average one... and average teams can ascend to be good ones.

And to think we handed AZ that game on a platter smh

I will NOT! Herc validated MY point. Not the "semi-new championship flags flying over a stadium that has seen nothing more than a completely dismal team makes it okay that my team sucks" point. :laugh:

that's a new one. The new stadium hasn't seen a championship so the flags don't belong there. Sheesh.

Well, the good news is that Eli and Coughlin know how to play mistake-free (or relatively mistake free) games....they won 2 Championships that way, because in both years, they weren't the best team in the NFL by a long shot.

The best team wins the games that matter. The best team wins the super bowl. They were the best team. They may not have the best group of individual players, or most talented players, but they were the best team.

In my opinion.

The best team wins the games that matter. The best team wins the super bowl. They were the best team. They may not have the best group of individual players, or most talented players, but they were the best team.

In my opinion.

Absolutely.

In my opinion.

I can accept that.

In my opinion.

Absolutely.

Agree... that is always a back handed compliment... The Giants were not the best team but they won the Super Bowl... The best team wins the sports championship...this is not Tennis or College Football based on arbitrary rankings where you can have a tennis player being ranked number one and not win a major for that particular year... :P

Funny how now that the short passing game moving out of the pocket is practiced how well Eli manages to do it. After an off-season of people doubting his ability to do it. He starting to look like 2007 Playoffs Manning in this offense.