SportsWrath

Anyone Who Blames Eli

carl 1010

Nope. The Eagles were the only team to ever beat him in a championship game

I hear tell that the Cleveland Browns won a few championships too. And Detroit. Before I was born. You know, a guy that gets mail from AARP?

That glory year is quickly going from history to archaeology.

But just for BG, I present Where Are the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles? http://www.businessinsider.com/1960-eagles-where-are-they-now2011-8?op=1

Here's a hint: a little less than half are on the wrong side of grass.

I hear tell that the Cleveland Browns won a few championships too. And Detroit. Before I was born. You know, a guy that gets mail from AARP?

That glory year is quickly going from history to archaeology.

But just for BG, I present Where Are the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles? http://www.businessinsider.com/1960-eagles-where-are-they-now2011-8?op=1

Here's a hint: a little less than half are on the wrong side of grass.

Shouldn't matter to those who live in the past. Just sayin... Pretty sure I'm not the one that brought up past championships. I usually leave that up to cowballs fans, but it seems Giants fans are quickly converting to the cowballs philosophy as of late.

Shouldn't matter to those who live in the past. Just sayin... Pretty sure I'm not the one that brought up past championships. I usually leave that up to cowballs fans, but it seems Giants fans are quickly converting to the cowballs philosophy as of late.

There's a bit of a difference between 3 years and 54 years. Last year is the past too, by that thinking: the Eagles glorious "one and done" year.

Let's see what happens this year as the injuries for your team head more towards the average and Foles continues to throw INTs.

There's a bit of a difference between 3 years and 54 years. Last year is the past too, by that thinking: the Eagles glorious "one and done" year.

Let's see what happens this year as the injuries for your team head more towards the average and Foles continues to throw INTs.

Yeah, I don't understand the "living in the past" argument when we're talking about championships less than a decade old. It'd be different if the Giants hadn't had any success in the new millennium and we were all talking smack about the 1990 win.

Aside from that, the Giants are the only team that has beaten the Patriots in a Super Bowl during the Belicek/Brady era, easily the most prolific QB/Head Coach duo in recent history. And they did it twice.

Are you sure you want to bring up INT's and last year in the same post? Because I'm more than willing to go there. Lets see... Who threw 27 INT's last year???... :confused:

Are you sure you want to bring up INT's and last year in the same post? Because I'm more than willing to go there. Lets see... Who threw 27 INT's last year???... :confused:

The point is that's ok when you have fairly new, clean Super Bowl flags flying in your Stadium.

What about the one Jason Sehorn returned to the house? ;)

You found my reference to Fole's exceptional year regarding INTs somehow mocking? :confused:

He did it, good for him. But I wouldn't exactly mortgage the house to bet he does it again. That's probably going to be Fole's career low. You simply can't be an elite QB and not help but throw more than that. The game sometimes forces you to take risks that you wouldn't normally take, and that increases the odds.

I'm not saying he's going to throw 30+ INTs, just that he's going to throw more than he has. And a few will cost you some games. Hell, he's matched his total from last year already.

You found my reference to Fole's exceptional year regarding INTs somehow mocking? :confused:

He did it, good for him. But I wouldn't exactly mortgage the house to bet he does it again. That's probably going to be Fole's career low. You simply can't be an elite QB and not help but throw more than that. The game sometimes forces you to take risks that you wouldn't normally take, and that increases the odds.

I'm not saying he's going to throw 30+ INTs, just that he's going to throw more than he has. And a few will cost you some games. Hell, he's matched his total from last year already.

Foles - 6 TD's 2 INT's

Manning - 5 TD's 4 INT's

And still somehow manges to to get the job done...

Remember that one year Michael Vick threw like 7 picks the whole year?

How'd his career go after that?