SportsWrath

Josh Freeman

Bigblue25

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000354806/article/josh-freeman-released-by-new-york-giants

Big Blue signed Freeman not long after starting quarterback Eli Manning underwent ankle surgery. The conventional wisdom suggested that the Giants were grabbing arms in case Manning wasn't ready to thrown during offseason workouts.

Manning took most of the starter snaps this week, essentially making Freeman superfluous.

.........With Manning appearing back at full-go just seven weeks after ankle surgery, the Giants didn't need the extra arms in camp.

People can say what they want about Eli's int's, not being elite, never gonna be Peyton,etc., etc., etc. but he is one tough motherfucker. I'm going to miss that little goofball when he's finally done.

I thought Rusty Smith was the extra arm for camp in case Eli couldn't go. I thought Freeman was going to fight it out for a back up job. I suspect he still does not have his priorities straight, and TC and McAdoo could see it.

I thought Rusty Smith was the extra arm for camp in case Eli couldn't go. I thought Freeman was going to fight it out for a back up job. I suspect he still does not have his priorities straight, and TC and McAdoo could see it.

Yeah. I can't seem to understand how freeman a first rounder who lead his team to a playoff couldn't beat Painter for a back up role. The guy was seriously consider to be Tampa's QB for the future. It blew everyone's mind when he was first cut.

Yeah. I can't seem to understand how freeman a first rounder who lead his team to a playoff couldn't beat Painter for a back up role. The guy was seriously consider to be Tampa's QB for the future. It blew everyone's mind when he was first cut.

Far from it, Freeman was benched in the third week of the season and the team was sick of his attitude and behavior. No one voted him as a team captain that year and Schiano hated him as a QB from day one and gladly gave the reigns over to Glennon.

They tried to trade him all throughout the year and when they couldn't they simply got rid of him.

Here is another way to look at it. Josh Freeman is still a potential NFL starter if he lands in the right place. This is not that place, this is Eli Manning's team. The team did him a service by letting him go now so he is available elsewhere now that we don't need him. The competition for backup is Painter vs Nassib. Freeman will stick somewhere else and get back to being the QB he was before Schiano derailed his career.

Here is another way to look at it. Josh Freeman is still a potential NFL starter if he lands in the right place. This is not that place, this is Eli Manning's team. The team did him a service by letting him go now so he is available elsewhere now that we don't need him. The competition for backup is Painter vs Nassib. Freeman will stick somewhere else and get back to being the QB he was before Schiano derailed his career.

To be fair Glennen has proven to be the better QB in 13 games then Freeman has in six seasons.

To be fair Glennen has proven to be the better QB in 13 games then Freeman has in six seasons.

Freeman has been an NFL QB for six years if he gets another job this season and he spent four in Tampa before the train wreck in Minnesota. Freeman had at least two seasons of being a better QB than Glennon. Who knows if Glennon is going to be the better QB from this point forward. Glennon has a better chance now with Lovie Smith than Freeman ever had with Schiano.

Freeman has been an NFL QB for six years if he gets another job this season and he spent four in Tampa before the train wreck in Minnesota. Freeman had at least two seasons of being a better QB than Glennon. Who knows if Glennon is going to be the better QB from this point forward. Glennon has a better chance now with Lovie Smith than Freeman ever had with Schiano.

agreed, Schiano was a jerk.

Schiano seen what everyone else has seen in the NFL, Freeman isnt a starting QB.

He was let go in Minny after one game and the Giants let him go before training camp even started. He's a backup at best and I don't see why people are defending a middle of the road QB.

i think glennon is a lot better than freeman and i also think freeman's good games from a few years ago are a small sample size

Yeah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But it makes little sense to invite a head case into camp. There's plenty of arms you can employ that have heads attached correctly.

Yeah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. But it makes little sense to invite a head case into camp. There's plenty of arms you can employ that have heads attached correctly.

Maybe the Giant's honestly thought he could replace Painter and at the end of the day he was worse then him.

Maybe the Giant's honestly thought he could replace Painter and at the end of the day he was worse then him.

I believe the plan is to have Nassib take over this season for Painter as backup. Freeman isn't backup material, he is the guy people talk about when the starter looks shaky and if Manning has another season like his last one that is a huge problem for an organization.