SportsWrath

Derrick Ward...

Nas

I really dont see what he said is wrong.

It's like you can't have an opinion anymore if you arent with the main stream opinion.

Guys kiss their spouses all the time.. why is it the gay ones can't... I'm guessing that's why he's getting flack.

Guys kiss their spouses all the time.. why is it the gay ones can't... I'm guessing that's why he's getting flack.

He's entitled to his opinion, even though you or I don't agree, however stupid we may find it. I personally don't really see any issue with Sam kissing another guy, and don't see what the fuss is about.

I was with him up until he said "disgusting" Shows him for a homophobe. Turn off the TV and stay off the Twitter. I don't blame anyone for having a diverse opinion, but you should be smart enough to know, in this day and age, it will be scrutinized.

the bullshit narrative that sam only fell to the 7th because he is gay was predictable and fucking annoying. that said i hope he has a great career and becomes a star so other gay athletes feel comfortable being themselves in public

He's entitled to his opinion, even though you or I don't agree, however stupid we may find it. I personally don't really see any issue with Sam kissing another guy, and don't see what the fuss is about.

Look I'm not saying I don't agree with him... I just think he's guilty of double standards because he's never complained when it was a man and a woman kissing... I wasn't too crazy about seeing that stuff on TV either.. but I equally can't stand it when it's heterosexual couple...

Meh, if you are offended by what you see on tv...STOP WATCHING.

If you have an opinion and wish to share it...be prepared to defend it or keep it to yourself.

This right here. You should always be prepared to defend your views if you state them publicly, especially views that reveal you to be a bigot or have unpopular views.

I also love how he says he's just laughing at what everyone is saying and he doesn't take twitter seriously or obsess. This is the second twitter rant he's had this year.

You know, I was going to write a whole bunch of stuff as to why being gay isn't normal, is a choice, why Sam should've kept the news to himself...but I won't bother.

At the end of the day, those who would disagree, would still disagree. Those who agree, would still agree. So I'll save myself some time.

You know, I was going to write a whole bunch of stuff as to why being gay isn't normal, is a choice, why Sam should've kept the news to himself...but I won't bother.

At the end of the day, those who would disagree, would still disagree. Those who agree, would still agree. So I'll save myself some time.

Then I guess I won't respond with how in this country people are allowed to be who they truely are, don't have to live under religious doctirine, and don't have to curtail to what other find ugly.

Then I guess I won't respond with how in this country people are allowed to be who they truely are, don't have to live under religious doctirine, and don't have to curtail to what other find ugly.

We've all been granted freedom to live our lives the way we believe. I don't have a problem with free will. Personal morals will never align perfectly with laws, so for the sake of discussion, they should be kept separate.

I'd actually go so far as to say that the only laws that should exist are those that protect people from harm AND are enforcable. Morals/beliefs would obviously go much further than that.

I think it is all bullshit. I think it is nonsense for the media to make a person's sex life to have anything whatsoever to do with football. I remember when the media went apeshit when an NBA player said he was gay. Who the hell cares???? The guy was a bench player that averaged 1.2 points a game. Yet, he was on the front page of every newspaper. Every newscast on TV made it their headline story for a week. Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, etc., put his face on the cover of their magazine as though it was a story worth the time to read it. Never mind that a real athlete was setting new records or that a guy was on a homerun tear or that the Cubs might win a world series. Hey, this guy prefers putting his dick in a guy's ass instead of a girl's pussy. Who the fuck cares? It's not a story. It has nothing to do with athletic ability or much of anything that effects our lives.

What difference does it make? It's simply much ado about nothing.

I think it is all bullshit. I think it is nonsense for the media to make a person's sex life to have anything whatsoever to do with football. I remember when the media went apeshit when an NBA player said he was gay. Who the hell cares???? The guy was a bench player that averaged 1.2 points a game. Yet, he was on the front page of every newspaper. Every newscast on TV made it their headline story for a week. Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, etc., put his face on the cover of their magazine as though it was a story worth the time to read it. Never mind that a real athlete was setting new records or that a guy was on a homerun tear or that the Cubs might win a world series. Hey, this guy prefers putting his dick in a guy's ass instead of a girl's pussy. Who the fuck cares? It's not a story. It has nothing to do with athletic ability or much of anything that effects our lives.

What difference does it make? It's simply much ado about nothing.

The player made it part of football by being openly gay and declaring for the draft.

The media just used the situation to sell papers/magazines.

The player made it part of football by being openly gay and declaring for the draft.

The media just used the situation to sell papers/magazines.

Yeah...I understand the media. They want shock news, not real news...as shock news sells.

As far as a person's sex life goes, I can't understand why anyone would want to share it with the world or have it be the focus of a person's life. I've worked side by side with gays and lesbians and it never made a hill of beans of a difference to me. I used to do a very hard job in which I would "recomp" a CNC machine by lasering the machine and editing the compensation tables in the executive program. There was only one person in the entire company I'd work with and his name was Paul...and he was gay...and he was the smartest guy in the company when it came to technical jobs, and we worked together all the time. Made no difference what he did after work hours.

I have my own set of sexual quirks that are heterosexual in nature. But it does not define me as an athlete, or as technically astute, or as a person. I don't know why the media goes ape shit about somebody's personal sex life. It's a diversion from the game to make it an issue. I guarantee there have been hundreds of NBA and NFL players who suck cock after games - who cares???

I've seen some people have been making a big deal about Shepard Smith on Fox News for being gay and for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone cares. Everyone at Fox has known about it for years and even know his boyfriend who drops him off and picks him up after work pretty much every day. But it's not news....it's simply prying into someone's private life that should be kept private because it's nobody's business.

Athletes need to draw attention to themselves for doing great athletic things - not sucking their buddy's cock. That doesn't make a person an athlete nor does it take away from being an athlete. It's simply not news at all...let alone the biggest news story on every media outlet for weeks and weeks.

i can live with the media being annoying about this and overblowing the story. what i can't deal with is these bullshit manufactured narratives that nobody signed jason collins for a while because he was gay (not because he fucking sucks) or that sam "fell" to the 7th round because he came out of the closet. him going undrafted was entirely possible before he made his announcement