SportsWrath

Derrick Ward...

Nas

NFLDraftScout.com has Sam ranked as the No. 110 overall prospect. An initial drop to 160 from 90 on Monday morning was part of a comprehensive adjustment in the rankings leading up to next week's scouting combine that generated movement among hundreds of prospects. In all, 65 of the top 350 prospects were affected by the rankings update, and Sam was never intended to drop past No. 110. The bottom line is Sam's announcement will affect his position on the draft boards of some teams, but NFLDraftScout.com currently projects him as a third- to fourth-round prospect overall, with all factors considered.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24438468/examining-why-michael-sams-nfl-draft-stock-is-falling

Now I'm not trying to explain why his stock dropped. But he was projected much higher before he came out, so to say he was always projected as a 7th rounder isn't entirely correct.

The quote below is such a crock of horse shit....

"I'm so glad [ESPN] broadcasted it," Zeigler said. "I hope they broadcast it 100 times a day for the 100 days. We have been protecting kids far too long from themselves.

There are kids 7 or 8 years old who realize they are gay, and they've been raised in the world that has told them for 7 or 8 years that it is either wrong or certainly not how they're supposed to be.

"The faster parents can tell their kids, the more lives those parents are going to save."

I can only speak for myself as a parent, but I don't think at 7 or 8 years old a kid has any clue how they are going to turn out as an adult.....and I'm certainly not going to be lecturing them on sexual orientation at that age.

How about just letting kids enjoy their childhood?

The problem I see it, beyond homophobia, which I concede exists, is that the media has a hyperobsession with sexuality. We've got prepubescent girls strutting around stages looking like hookers, and people seriously demanding that we talking about homosexuality with 7 year olds.

What the fuck?

did a custom google search for all of january and here's the first result

january 14th, cbs sports: 5th round http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1700418/michael-sam

2nd result january 27th optimum scouting: 6th round http://optimumscouting.com/rankings/static-rankings/de-rankings.html

these were the actual articles being written before he came out, not what people are NOW claiming the situation was

The article I posted is what people are NOW claiming the situation was. That article is from February 10th. and is showing the Actual draft rankings.

and where in that cbs link does it say january 14th? the bottom of the player overview has quotes about him being gay.

I remember hearing rumors of him being projected as a fourth round pick. But thay was early on.

I don't doubt he got passed over by a few teams just because of the media circus, there may have been a few teams thay passed because they were bigots, but probably not many if any.

At the end of the day, this is a good thing for America and we will find out if the kid can play ball.

As for the show and all that, he has to do it, he's the first of his kind, this is exposure for people like him, to show America thay homosexuals are normal people, not deviants.

Now I'm not trying to explain why his stock dropped. But he was projected much higher before he came out, so to say he was always projected as a 7th rounder isn't entirely correct.

We'll never know if his stock dropped or not because we don't get to see team draft boards...and perhaps, it's possible the only reason he even got drafted was because he is gay and the NFL wants to make a social statement and St. Louis had a pick to throw away and decided to join in on social crap. We've known forever that there are gays in the NFL. But the players were smart enough to keep it to themselves and just play football. Hell...in 1985, Dave Steward (pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays) was busted for soliciting a male hooker and people just laughed. He went on to continue pitching baseballs and no one gave a rats ass - and that was nearly 30 years ago. Now the media wants everyone to know about a guy's sexuality as if it's something new....duhhhhh.

Keep in mind several things:

1) he's undersized, under athletic, and under strength, and he really looked bad at the combine coming in last in areas that good DE's and LB's need to be at least in the middle of the pack - this did not go unnoticed by teams who make their living by choosing players that will help them win.

2) one of the highest rated DT's in the draft projected to go in the 2nd was none other than undrafted Kelcy Quarles. And he has the right size, speed, athleticism, and college résumé to have come off the board early. He fell through the cracks because teams were looking for specific characteristics that fit their team. We will never know where he stood on teams' draft boards.

3) St. Louis is stacked with a couple of the best DE's in football. It wasn't a need pick and there's no way in hell he's going to outplay their proven studs.

Everything is speculation about where he might have been drafted (just like Quarles who doesn't even suck cock, but maybe he should have because of the media pressure for teams to draft him) and the media has turned his life into a soap opera in hopes of a ratings spike to sell more Sham-Wows, "help I've fallen and I can't get up" clickers, and Gieco insurance advertisements. Sex in news sells. The media knows this. They are going to try and milk this dumb thing out and squeeze every drop of attention they can out of it to keep their ratings up and hope to get more companies to pony up money for advertising.

You think so? He was the co SEC defensive player of the year. if you look at the list of past SEC defensive players of the year, a vast majority were first round picks.

Not everyone watches and pays full attention to the draft. I am one of those people. I would never known his name if he didnt make it a public statement he was gay. Is that fair?

Here's how I see it.. and it cuts both ways... let me first say that personally I'm not too comfortable with the Gay in your face attitude some gay people try to achieve... I think a lot of us could give 2 shits about people's sexuality... one of my army buddies put it best when he said "I love gay people.. I wish all of you were gay because the more gay people there are the more pussy is left for me"... Now the flip side of the coin there is anger and hatred towards gays simply because of their sexuality... and as usual both extremes are never appealing.

thats fine but i think this guy is a narsacist.

did a custom google search for all of january and here's the first result

january 14th, cbs sports: 5th round http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1700418/michael-sam

2nd result january 27th optimum scouting: 6th round http://optimumscouting.com/rankings/static-rankings/de-rankings.html

these were the actual articles being written before he came out, not what people are NOW claiming the situation was

so hee was projected 5 or 6th and went 7th. To me thats not a big deal.Or his stock dropping for that matter. Look at the qb the browns got wasnt he supposed to go in the first picks?

Ok, well I'd love to see some mock drafts from before he came out showing that he was projected as a 7th rounder.

Seems to me he was projected around 3rd or 4th.

I'm not sure most teams care.. and some would have wanted to be the 1st to draft an openly gay player.... maybe the dude just isn't that good... either way... he was drafted in 7th and that's that.

yes, that's the point, im actually posting stuff that was written before anyone knew he was gay. this is enough of a polarizing issue that i'm not interested in being retconned

the dates are next to the articles on google. they probably just updated the coming out stuff

I remember hearing rumors of him being projected as a fourth round pick. But thay was early on.

I don't doubt he got passed over by a few teams just because of the media circus, there may have been a few teams thay passed because they were bigots, but probably not many if any.

At the end of the day, this is a good thing for America and we will find out if the kid can play ball.

As for the show and all that, he has to do it, he's the first of his kind, this is exposure for people like him, to show America thay homosexuals are normal people, not deviants.

im interested in his story too but he's a 7th round rookie. all those cameras and attention he is clearly soliciting is going to rub the vets the wrong way

The Rams have a problem as well, because if they find out there is no way he fits the team as a player because of his lack of NFL athleticism and actual talent.....he will be held up as a poster child by the media claiming he was cut for no other reason than because he was gay.

I don't see how it can be good for the Rams if they cut him. He's probably going to burn one of the 53 slots on the team simply because the team doesn't dare cut him and they certainly aren't going to play him if he can't hold his own. Maybe they stick him on the practice squad and hope to hell some other team steals him from them. It's a predicament....or as my grandpa would say, that's a sticky wicket (whatever the hell that means).

If anything, it will probably be a lesson to gay football players to keep their little secret to themselves instead of having the world's attention on you for no other reason than you admit you suck a little cock or like a man to shove his fist up your ass. Please let football be about football.

The kid knows what he's doing. He's getting a reality show on OWN, despite saying "I just want to be looked at has a football player." Getting that reality show guarantees he makes the team now. He had the worst combine...of anybody. Punters put up better numbers then he did.

We'll never know if his stock dropped or not because we don't get to see team draft boards...and perhaps, it's possible the only reason he even got drafted was because he is gay and the NFL wants to make a social statement and St. Louis had a pick to throw away and decided to join in on social crap. We've known forever that there are gays in the NFL. But the players were smart enough to keep it to themselves and just play football. Hell...in 1985, Dave Steward (pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays) was busted for soliciting a male hooker and people just laughed. He went on to continue pitching baseballs and no one gave a rats ass - and that was nearly 30 years ago. Now the media wants everyone to know about a guy's sexuality as if it's something new....duhhhhh.

Keep in mind several things:

1) he's undersized, under athletic, and under strength, and he really looked bad at the combine coming in last in areas that good DE's and LB's need to be at least in the middle of the pack - this did not go unnoticed by teams who make their living by choosing players that will help them win.

2) one of the highest rated DT's in the draft projected to go in the 2nd was none other than undrafted Kelcy Quarles. And he has the right size, speed, athleticism, and college résumé to have come off the board early. He fell through the cracks because teams were looking for specific characteristics that fit their team. We will never know where he stood on teams' draft boards.

3) St. Louis is stacked with a couple of the best DE's in football. It wasn't a need pick and there's no way in hell he's going to outplay their proven studs.

Everything is speculation about where he might have been drafted (just like Quarles who doesn't even suck cock, but maybe he should have because of the media pressure for teams to draft him) and the media has turned his life into a soap opera in hopes of a ratings spike to sell more Sham-Wows, "help I've fallen and I can't get up" clickers, and Gieco insurance advertisements. Sex in news sells. The media knows this. They are going to try and milk this dumb thing out and squeeze every drop of attention they can out of it to keep their ratings up and hope to get more companies to pony up money for advertising.

Nobody in the NFL can afford to draft a player to play the social card. Nobody signed the first black NFL player to play the social card either while we're at it.

Kelcy Quarles dropped for two reasons: First reason is he plays next to Jadevony Clowney and that helped. The second and most important reason why he dropped is because everyone looked at his last year and saw an out of shape player had a couple of good games that could have been so much better if he had a better work and health ethic.

Nobody in the NFL can afford to draft a player to play the social card. Nobody signed the first black NFL player to play the social card either while we're at it.

Kelcy Quarles dropped for two reasons: First reason is he plays next to Jadevony Clowney and that helped. The second and most important reason why he dropped is because everyone looked at his last year and saw an out of shape player had a couple of good games that could have been so much better if he had a better work and health ethic.

Yeah, they say that the reason Quarles had so many sacks from the interior was because of the focus on stopping Clowney. They also point out that he had his most sacks when Clowney was out. So whatever that means, I don't know.

He is said to have character issues and his jump at the combine was not very high....however, neither was Sam's jump, which came in exceedingly low for a guy who weighs 50 lbs lighter.

Regardless....Quarles was listed everywhere as a 2nd day pick. We don't know why he fell, but it is known that a whole lot of teams went after him after the draft was over and he chose the Giants because he felt he had the best shot.

And as far as St. Louis drafting someone for social reasons....or fan reasons, we have no idea. One thing is certain and that is, when you have the best tandem of DE's in the NFL with solid backups, you don't draft an undersized, slow, DE because you need him on the team. Sam is a local college product from Missouri U., just outside of St. Louis and was a fan favorite which might have something to do with it.

Still....no one would be talking about him and 99.9999999% of the people who know him now, would never know who he was if he wasn't gay. And that to me is nonsense.