SportsWrath

Coughlin and JR press conference today

BlueInCanada

I heard him say it will be evaluated THIS week. He also said he has a lot of confidence in the guys that they have assembled... I took that as "coach-speak". I don't think Gilbride is safe, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him back.

He was pretty passionate when it came to being asked about the season and being disappointed.

Atleast TC is pissed off about how the season went.

Now to listen to JR try and tap dance around questions.

JR indicated that he still has to sit down and talk with Coughlin about those kinds of evaluations, and they all need to sit down with Mara and Tisch.

He was asked directly about staff changes other than Coughlin, and JR said it would be inappropriate to discuss at this time and disrespecful to guys that have helped them win a lot of games. Read into that what you will. I think Coughlin may be dictated to as far as Gilbride's status. At least that's what I hope.

It is not going to happen today guys, the season ended yesterday and as bad as the season was, this was not the 2003 season that saw some house cleaning. You might have been wanting to fire coaches and cut players for the last few years, the organization is coming to that realization over the last 6 months and are going to handle it over the next couple of weeks. So change your tampons already.

If we hadn't had what turned out to be one of the easiest second half schedules, this team would have been way, way worse than the 2003 team. We beat teams that were down to third string quarterbacks and quarterbacks that had been with their team for like 4 days. I have never seen such lack of basic fundamentals and discipline in a Giants football team since the Dave Brown mid-90s. The offense could not get out of its own way, couldn't block, and couldn't hold onto the football. The defense did what it could, but only after management finally figured out that linebackers are, in fact, important.

not to mention we had a ridiculous slew of injuries in 2003--worse than we ever experienced under coughlin

Yep, because Coughlin turned that around and ensured that players never got injured :P

If we hadn't had what turned out to be one of the easiest second half schedules, this team would have been way, way worse than the 2003 team. We beat teams that were down to third string quarterbacks and quarterbacks that had been with their team for like 4 days. I have never seen such lack of basic fundamentals and discipline in a Giants football team since the Dave Brown mid-90s. The offense could not get out of its own way, couldn't block, and couldn't hold onto the football. The defense did what it could, but only after management finally figured out that linebackers are, in fact, important.

Exactly. Having said that I really think when it comes to players this team only needs a few pieces and it would all work... it's the fucking coaching that's just retarded.

not to mention we had a ridiculous slew of injuries in 2003--worse than we ever experienced under coughlin

in fairness, they were pretty damn injured this season too. not all over the roster like in 2003, but over and over again at guard and center, running back, etc.

football is one of those games where you're only as strong as your weakest link; the Giants were weak to begin with at those spots, and got hit over and over again where they could least afford it.

can't imagine how bad it would have been had Beason and a couple other linebackers went down... this would have been a historically bad team.

It is not going to happen today guys, the season ended yesterday and as bad as the season was, this was not the 2003 season that saw some house cleaning. You might have been wanting to fire coaches and cut players for the last few years, the organization is coming to that realization over the last 6 months and are going to handle it over the next couple of weeks. So change your tampons already.

I don't know why you felt the need to be condescending there.

My favorite point in John Mara's video was when he started talking about how it took Jerrell Jernigan three years before we found out Jerrell Jernigan could play. I must say he really came on these last three games and really hope this continues next season. Jernigan was out there all season long and didn't put it together until these last three games.

My favorite point in John Mara's video was when he started talking about how it took Jerrell Jernigan three years before we found out Jerrell Jernigan could play. I must say he really came on these last three games and really hope this continues next season. Jernigan was out there all season long and didn't put it together until these last three games.

I see you beat me to it:

Still, the owner seemed to be upset about the unit as a whole, and appeared to offer some veiled criticisms of offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride despite the fact that, according to two people with knowledge of the situation, no coaches have been informed of their dismissal today.

Those people requested anonymity in order to speak freely on the matter.

"I'm not sure why it took us three years to find out Jerrel Jernigan could play," he said while defending the Giants' draft record over the past few years. "We finally put him in a game and we saw that he could play. You have those instances as well."

Exactly what I've been saying about our fucking rookies and 2nd and 3rd year players rotting on the fucking bench. Someone please tell me how much game-time experience does Wilson have and how long has he been on the team?

My guess is he's hinting as to how the Giants paid handsomely for Cruz (Granted it was well earned) when they might've had a very good player in JJ all along?.. leverage? Trade bait? who fucking knows.

actually jernigan is exactly why you don't pay slot receivers 40 million. check out what wes welker got from denver. we're gonna pay dearly for that decision we made last offseason

Exactly...slot guys are way more easier to find than x WR's... we all remember Jerry Rice...name the slot guy...humming Jeopardy Music... :D