SportsWrath

Eli Manning is an Elite QB

Sephiroth

Sep, I understand your issues. I do. Im a fan and have just as many idea's and thoughts on this team as the next person. But I don't think that seeing what Nassib has is going to help us evaluate what we have going into next year. That is the only logical explanation I have for it. After all the talk about Ruben Randle in camp he hasn't done anything. People can talk shit about Cruz all they want, without a healthy Nicks he is not going to see the endzone as much in years past. Sad but true we are not the offense we thought we were.

However Cruz doesnt relief any pressure of of Nicks.

Cruz needs Nicks to be a presence on the field.

Nicks doesnt need Cruz, he just doesnt need Eli to play like Ryan Leaf.

You don't see how bad Nicks is playing? Are you watching the games? The dude looks like he's not interested... Smoked too many joints in the off-season.

The really unfortunate thing is that neither the Eagles nor Cowboys want to win the NFC East. This division was wide open and even after an 0-6 start, the Giants could have just as easily walked away with the division. But not a soul out there last week or today has any heart or pride. Many of the players rest on the laurels of the 2011 Super Bowl.

Eli, Romo, Brady- they're all pocket passers who thrive on seeing the whole field and managing the game. What they need to do this is an Offensive Line that they trust and a Tight End/Posession receiver that they trust. The Giants failed Eli in both departments. Brady has been successful because they always spend on OL and TE. I know, the Giants got to him in the Super Bowls but that proves the point. Get an OL and a TE, you'll see Eli back in his game.

Sep, I understand your issues. I do. Im a fan and have just as many idea's and thoughts on this team as the next person. But I don't think that seeing what Nassib has is going to help us evaluate what we have going into next year. That is the only logical explanation I have for it. After all the talk about Ruben Randle in camp he hasn't done anything. People can talk shit about Cruz all they want, without a healthy Nicks he is not going to see the endzone as much in years past. Sad but true we are not the offense we thought we were.

Randle is our leading scorer. He was targeted once today.

nicks had the best cover corner in football on him today. it was cruz's job to step up, he got the big contract and never has to deal with the other team's best corner. instead he had a huge drop early on and then a lazy play that led to an interception. this after standing still and doing nothing on another interception last week.

if cruz being a productive wr (which he hasn't been this season) is predicated on nicks playing well then we shouldn't have given him all that money.

Sorry, you're wrong here. It was Nicks who needed to show up today and didn't, not even close. I'd love to see the Nicks that played before the injury, and last year could be considered a pass because of the injury, but dammit this year he's been off since day one and if you're really looking to make a point and get your money next season regardless from who, then you relish the fact that Richard Sherman is coming to town and you don't let him turn you into his personal bitch which is what happened today. I know what you're going to say Midas, Eli could have thrown the ball better, you'd be right, but the good Nicks from the past with "the biggest hands for a wide receiver", would have gone up there and ripped at that ball and at least broke up the interception. You could see the effort on the second interception, once he fell to the ground,he fell backwards!!. This is one of the biggest wide receivers out there getting bitched like this all season Then, amazingly we get Hakeem having a good smile when we are down 23-0!

Has Cruz been Cruz, no. But you cannot fault the guys effort. Again, another pass from Eli today that was too high and Cruz comes down with it and nearly knocks himself out landing. And he's been trying all year after getting paid. Eli playing poorly this year has affected one person more than anybody and that is Cruz.

Just so you know, at the beginning of this season when asked who you keep?, Cruz or Nicks, I said Nicks. I can't say this anymore, you got to step up when the team is struggling, he simply hasn't. Cruz is more valuable to the Giants now.

nah, i'm not wrong. im not saying he had a good game today against the best cover corner in football, but none of those interceptions were his fault. he was already in the air on the first one and had no chance at breaking it up without having arms that were about 2 feet longer. the ball should've never been thrown. the 2nd one the ball was thrown behind him as he was running in the opposite direction after having a step on his defender and he's supposed to completely change direction on a dime and run the other way to break up? the third interception was just them taking a shot and sherman made another nice play, but that ball was underthrown. would it be nice if he broke these interceptions up? yes, but the primary fault is on eli on all 3. the real question is why are our wr's in so many spots where they have to break up interceptions? whose fault is that?

the point i was making is that cruz is having a below average season, so is nicks, so is the entire offense. it starts with the o-line and as a result of that eli has been awful all season.

cruz was the one who got paid. he doesn't get to have the money AND get a pass when he doesn't play like a #1 wr--especially when he actually WAS responsible for interceptions this week AND last week--just because he's a nice guy.

get ready for a bunch of cruz performances like we saw in the dallas game next season while nicks gets paid and produces in an offense that isn't completely embarrassing

the difference between nicks and cruz this year is this: cruz had 115 targets going into this game, nicks had 85. two years ago they both had about 130 each.

neither of them are really injured (well cruz might be now) other than nicks playing with a broken finger

I would like to see Eli at least get those Hail Marys into the end zone. Christ, his arm strength is severely lacking anymore. An NFL QB should be able to stand at the 50 and make it into the end zone. Dude needs to get them skinny arms in the weight room!

And when I see Eli struggle, compared to what I see with other NFL teams....for example, take the Steelers tonight....they know what their strengths and weaknesses are by now on offense. They just showed the Steelers working the quick pass and getting the ball into WR hands so they can try to make a play. It's snap, throw. Literally that fast. WIth the GIants, they still want to dick around with plays that take 5-10 seconds to develop and get someone open on. There's no timing, there's no room for error, everyone HAS to do their job. Any blown assignment and Eli gets lit up. Any misread or WR not on the same page as Eli and it's either going to be a pick or high./behind and incomplete. Gilbride and to a lesser extent, Coughlin, refuse to modify what they want to do on offense and constantly bang the team's collective head against a wall. You're a team who doesn't pass or run block well....well the answer isn't to call slow delays that require finesse blocking schemes...the answer is to get Andre Brown the ball as fast as possible moving north and south and looking for one hole and one cut to make (think Eddie Lacy). The line doesn't pass block well so the answer is to work on timing and get quicker. Keep more guys in on protection if needed, give guys like James Brewer extra help (absolute fucking pathetic, garbage performance today)! Do SOMETHING to adapt to how bad you suck. You have skill position players with no supporting cast....don't put the game in the supporting casts' hands to lose.

Eli is having a bad year but he isn't the only one. The heartbeat of the offense is the run and when we can't run, there is no offense. We pulled off a few wins being one dimensional but now we can't pass block either since our running game is dismal.

Eli Manning has had some bad interceptions but who hasn't? Every interception this season was not his fault and some of them had no impact on the game at all but those numbers start adding up and it makes look worse than it really is.

There are problems with this team and Eli isn't the one that needs to get replaced out there.

Midas, Eli Manning is having a shitty year all around, but based off your numbers above, let's say Cruz doesn't sign a contract last year and he gets franchised or simply has to play out the year. Him and Nicks are up this year again. They want to sign one long term and give him the money. You think Nicks gets the contract now over Cruz?. If 2 years ago, things were equal, then why do you think he's getting less throws his way now, be it bad or good throws?. Because Cruz got paid?.

He's not playing better than Cruz now. Simple. He started this shit in training camp when he wouldn't report. There's been several times this year he gave up on routes. And no offense, but a guy his size and with his strength, you have to compete for some of these catches, which he did 2 years ago. That last interception today was pathetic. His approach to this season and his play has been nothing short of puzzling.

Eli is having a bad year but he isn't the only one. The heartbeat of the offense is the run and when we can't run, there is no offense. We pulled off a few wins being one dimensional but now we can't pass block either since our running game is dismal.

Eli Manning has had some bad interceptions but who hasn't? Every interception this season was not his fault and some of them had no impact on the game at all but those numbers start adding up and it makes look worse than it really is.

There are problems with this team and Eli isn't the one that needs to get replaced out there.

I agree. If not for the 2 SB wins, I'd be clamoring for a switch at QB. But the guy can make the throws. He just clearly can't do it alone.

Midas, Eli Manning is having a shitty year all around, but based off your numbers above, let's say Cruz doesn't sign a contract last year and he gets franchised or simply has to play out the year. Him and Nicks are up this year again. They want to sign one long term and give him the money. You think Nicks gets the contract now over Cruz?. If 2 years ago, things were equal, then why do you think he's getting less throws his way now, be it bad or good throws?. Because Cruz got paid?.

He's not playing better than Cruz now. Simple. He started this shit in training camp when he wouldn't report. There's been several times this year he gave up on routes. And no offense, but a guy his size and with his strength, you have to compete for some of these catches, which he did 2 years ago. That last interception today was pathetic. His approach to this season and his play has been nothing short of puzzling.

im not stating a reason why cruz is getting more targets, he just is. 30 is a huge difference. 85 targets is way below what the giants usually give nicks. even last year despite missing 3 games and playing on one leg he had 100 targets and he might not even get there this year during a healthy season. the back shoulder route to him is out of the playbook. why? why is cruz running x-routes? he should be running quick slants and outs with the hope that he'll turn them into huge YAC gains. where was cruz's effort on his interception? or the one last week where he impersonated a statue? where was cruz on that easy drop that would've went for 1st down? the guy got paid, the free passes are over

i don't recall saying nicks is having a better season than cruz. and nicks did report to training camp, he missed a couple of OTA days in may--big deal. the giving up on "several" routes thing is based on one play: the philly interception that was an option route. eli has had multiple mishaps with every wr on option routes this season--it's eli's fault on every single one of those except with nicks. with nicks it's "oh he's not trying, he's mailing it in". guys who mail it in aren't going off for 135 yards against a passing D that held denver in check thursday

I would like to see Eli at least get those Hail Marys into the end zone. Christ, his arm strength is severely lacking anymore. An NFL QB should be able to stand at the 50 and make it into the end zone. Dude needs to get them skinny arms in the weight room!

yeah, those throws had me wondering if Eli's arm has gone dead on us.

Don't care about the INT on the hail mary... but he shouldn't have been five yards short of the end zone from 50 yards out.

but, but, he was the QB on two super bowl winning teams...the dog is just saying, just because his other 8 seasons have fluctuated between mediocre and lousy and has resulted in zero playoff wins, shouldn't he still be considered among the NFL elite QBs? ZZZZZZZZZZZ.........

Eli has never been elite in my opinion...clutch at opportune times, yes...elite, no. If he were truly elite, he wouldn't necessarily need to be clutch. I think that Eli is a very good, starting QB in this league...but he's Matthew Stafford/Matt Ryan quality. Good to great with a supporting cast, but elite is reserved for being the guy who puts the problems on his own shoulders and wins the game in spite of them.

• Our offensive coordinator's game plan sucks.
  • Our offensive line sucks.
  • Our #1 WR can't get open. Our #2 is constantly doubled. Our #3 can't get on the field because we have to keep TEs and RBs in to block.

Eli is not good enough to overcome these 3 combined.

Eli has never been elite in my opinion...clutch at opportune times, yes...elite, no. If he were truly elite, he wouldn't necessarily need to be clutch. I think that Eli is a very good, starting QB in this league...but he's Matthew Stafford/Matt Ryan quality. Good to great with a supporting cast, but elite is reserved for being the guy who puts the problems on his own shoulders and wins the game in spite of them.

• Our offensive coordinator's game plan sucks.
  • Our offensive line sucks.
  • Our #1 WR can't get open. Our #2 is constantly doubled. Our #3 can't get on the field because we have to keep TEs and RBs in to block.

Eli is not good enough to overcome these 3 combined.

Who can?