SportsWrath

Does anyone think GB has a shot?

JackStroud

Laces Out Latest
Nov
Source: Hurting Packers bringing back Matt Flynn
Posted by Laces Out Crew on November 11th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

It seemed only a matter of time.

A week after losing starting QB Aaron Rodgers to a broken collarbone — and a day after losing his backup to a groin injury and watching the third-stringer throw a pair of interceptions in a loss to the Eagles — FOX Sports NFL Insider Alex Marvez reports the Green Bay Packers are bringing back Matt Flynn.

Source tells @FOXSports that @packers are signing QB Matt Flynn

— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) November 12, 2013

Flynn was cut by Buffalo on Nov. 4. Later that night, Rodgers was knocked out of the Monday night game against Chicago. Speculation of a reunion between the team and Flynn began immediately, with Packers head coach Mike McCarthy even being asked about Flynn during the postgame news conference, before the severity of Rodgers’ injury was even known.

The Bills were the fourth team for Flynn, who was signed by the Seahawks as a free agent before the 2012 season but lost the starting job to then-rookie Russell Wilson before Week 1. Prior to this season, he was traded to the Raiders, but Oakland released him on Oct. 7 after one start — a 24-14 loss to Washington. He was on Buffalo a week later, but was let go less than a month later.

Flynn began his career in Green Bay, selected in the seventh round of the 2008 Draft. He started only two games in his four seasons in Green Bay, and in his final game there he set or tied franchise records with 480 yards and six TDs in a Week 17 win over Detroit.

After that season, Seattle signed him to a three-year, $26 million contract.

I hate to jinx us

A week after losing starting QB Aaron Rodgers to a broken collarbone — and a day after losing his backup to a groin injury and watching the third-stringer throw a pair of interceptions in a loss to the Eagles — FOX Sports NFL Insider Alex Marvez reports the Green Bay Packers are bringing back Matt Flynn.

we just need Romo to go down next week now .......and Jerry to re-hire Drew Bledsoe

we just need Romo to go down next week now .......and Jerry to re-hire Drew Bledsoe

I knew it was just a matter of time until you posted something I completely agree with. :cheers:

Thanks for the jinx

oh if I put the jinx on the team, I'll gladly sacrifice my pinky tip to remove it. This year there is no team that can be overlooked, everything that could go wrong on the Giants this season has gone wrong. I truly believe there are two reasons why Eli Manning will make it through the season healthy...1. Eli can take a hit better than Gumby, 2. David Carr is no longer here.

I hate to jinx us

Here's my take on it Jack: Flynn is back and he knows the offense. Clay is back although I don't believe he's 100% because I expected he'd be all over Foles and he wasn't. Their offense is pretty beat up, but they still have some weapons. If the Giants offense can get their shit together and start firing on all pistons the Gmen absolutely have a shot, but if they play like they did last week I think GB get's the "W."

Here's my take on it Jack: Flynn is back and he knows the offense. Clay is back although I don't believe he's 100% because I expected he'd be all over Foles and he wasn't. Their offense is pretty beat up, but they still have some weapons. If the Giants offense can get their shit together and start firing on all pistons the Gmen absolutely have a shot, but if they play like they did last week I think GB get's the "W."

I heard Flynn has a dead arm. Have you heard that"

Initially they were worried about his elbow (back when Wallace was their backup), but they worked him out and seem to be pleased with the strength in the elbow. Be it satisfaction or desperation? Only time will tell.

surprised no one looked at david carr

Are you smokin with that. Canadian mayor Greed

This is our. 1st potential blowout

GB has about 1 chance in 50 of winning this game

We are on a power surge the likes of which we have not seen since 2011 and they are crippled

If Eli straightens out we will kill them....if he doesn't we will just run it down their throats

Do you hear footsteps yet Greed......by the end of the day we will be one game behind you.......then we will teach Jerry Jones a big humility lesson

Our indispensable part ANDRE BROWN.....2nd nephew twice removed of Jim Brown is BAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

WE GOIN ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYY GREED AND YOU WILL STAN HOPELESS AS WE PASS YOU ON THE WAY. SORRY

We're GOIN to chip Kelly and toss him aside. LOL

Tolzien is starting. Back up QB. You all know how well we play against Backup QBs. Im worried if we can stay in this game. The Giants might be making Tolzein a hot Waiver wire pickup by next week.

I think we've dispelled that over the last few games...

I think in two weeks all teams in the NFC East are 5-6.