SportsWrath

50 Greatest Giants

Nas

nicks and cruz are better giants than burress and shockey as far as im concerned. eli is not ranked high enough at all

I don't know, when those guys were on top of the world when Eli was still pretty shaky. I think Nicks and Cruz can be better than them in all time considerations, but it'll take another year or two.

they've already contributed more to the franchise than shockey ever did. they were the 2nd and 3rd most important players on the team two years ago imo

Yeah after I posted I I thought about it and they are definately better than Shockey.

I could only see pics on the iPad and not names but... was Rosie Brown in there? And why no Jumbo Elliot? You watch the second half of that Bills Super Bowl, Elliot is fucking planting Bruce Smith on every play.

You could make a case for Chris Snee and Osi Umenyiora as well.... They certainly belonged there more than Droppy and Laxico.

I could only see pics on the iPad and not names but... was Rosie Brown in there? And why no Jumbo Elliot? You watch the second half of that Bills Super Bowl, Elliot is fucking planting Bruce Smith on every play.

You could make a case for Chris Snee and Osi Umenyiora as well.... They certainly belonged there more than Droppy and Laxico.

I could swear Jumbo was there... but I could be wrong. This list is for entertainment purposes only... I think a more informed person would have made a better list... and that wouldn't be me as I don't remember those black and white pix lol.

Something tells me this is an old list since they only mentioned Eli being an MVP of one Super Bowl... also they included Shockey and Buress... I'm not sure how I feel about that..

http://espn.go.com/n...s-photo-gallery

They do state 8 years so this must have been written just before the second SB. Could be an interesting debate how far Manning will move up the greatest Giants list by the time he retires. I think it will be LT one and Manning two. If Manning wins another SB it'll be a toss up for one.

They do state 8 years so this must have been written just before the second SB. Could be an interesting debate how far Manning will move up the greatest Giants list by the time he retires. I think it will be LT one and Manning two. If Manning wins another SB it'll be a toss up for one.

I still think LT would be one as he was the one to bring us in out of the wilderness.... Simms came in 79...it wasn't until LT stepped in that we ended our 18 year playoff drought...just imagine the last Title/playoff experience was in 63' the year before I was born...and their first playoff experience was the year I graduated high school in 81'. Talk about sweet. :)

Jumbo Elliot is a definite oversight. and T is going to be upset that John Mendenhall was left off. and what no Jarrod Bunch?

OK, how far back are we going? I loved Jumbo but how many of you saw Rosie Brown? Come to think of it, Ray Wietecha would probably crack the top 50, too. And YA Tittle is a definite. Ditto Frank Gifford, Sam Huff and probably a few more from that era. And I have a hunch Jack might want to nominate another OL from that period!

OK, how far back are we going? I loved Jumbo but how many of you saw Rosie Brown? Come to think of it, Ray Wietecha would probably crack the top 50, too. And YA Tittle is a definite. Ditto Frank Gifford, Sam Huff and probably a few more from that era. And I have a hunch Jack might want to nominate another OL from that period!

Too young for that era, but from what I've seen from clips of Del Shofner and Dick Lynch, they should be on there if they're not. (Can't seem to see the link properly)

Too young for that era, but from what I've seen from clips of Del Shofner and Dick Lynch, they should be on there if they're not. (Can't seem to see the link properly)

They are and some old timers are rated very high.

1. Lawrence Taylor

2. Emlen Tunnell

3. Mel Hein

4. Harry Carson

5. Sam Huff

6. Roosevelt Brown

7. Michael Strahan

8. Fran Gifford

9. Phil Simms

10. Tiki Barber

Tittle is 12.

In a franchise with so many hall of famers, cracking the top 15 is tremendous. Eli could win another and might not even sneak in at 5. Carson is a bit too high, Rosie Brown is an nfl 75th anniversary team guy (Brown, LT, and Hein are the only giants), he should be four or five. Mel Hein played every down of every game on offense, defense and special teams, and the only lineman to ever win nfl MVP, he won't be passed.