SportsWrath

Looks Like We Signed Jenkins

Mr. P

Great signing but what does it say about the guys we have from the draft?? Grooming them to be studs aren't looking too good now with this signing and Rodgers.

It says they are still unproven, and kuhn is coming off of a season ending injury. It would be pretty dumb to rely on them. and Rogers is an unknown at this point too.

Something is fishy About espn's ranking/rating. How could we get a guy for cheap while another guy ranked lower got tag......

Out of that list who would you rank higher them Jenkins?

Even Hampton is on the edge of the debate since he;s 35 compared to Jenkins 32 and Hampton is obviously on the downside of his career without posting a sack in the last few season and dwindling tackle numbers.

Jenkins has atleast proved to be a consistant player in his career.

Great signing but what does it say about the guys we have from the draft?? Grooming them to be studs aren't looking too good now with this signing and Rodgers.

Rodgers is pretty good as a back up... I like this sigining a great deal... I happened to believe this guy is better than the guy we cut (I could be wrong) and he's a lot cheaper.

It says they are still unproven, and kuhn is coming off of a season ending injury. It would be pretty dumb to rely on them. and Rogers is an unknown at this point too.

Agree......but we were supposed to see more of Marvin Austin by now. 2013 is a crossroads training camp and season for him.

Wasn't Austin hurt most of last season?

Hurt most of camp but even when healthy, he never seemed to get traction. This after missing his entire rookie season to injury and that after missing his entire senior year due to ncaa suspension. Guy hasn't played for two out of last three years and played sparingly in the one year he did. After his junior year, he was viewed as a top 10 overall pick pick. Now I'm starting to think Seph's feeling might be right. Big training camp for Marvin.

He costs us $3 million for one year at worst, and he's a run stopper which we need, good work

Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, if Marvin Austin was playing up to his potential, this might not have been needed, but they can't afford to roll the dice this season. Giants were getting gashed in the run game, and Jenkins started every game with the Eagles.

Based on what I've heard from Eagles fans, it was a decent signing.....seems he was let go as part of a youth movement, cost-cutting, change in coaching staff type of situation.

He's a step above Canty but a lot cheaper... can't go wrong with that.