SportsWrath

Looks Like We Signed Jenkins

Mr. P

I wouldn't say a step above Canty.

But there in the same class

Canty regressed this year... opposing teams were running all over us... and I've always thought his contract was too massive given the production... or lack thereof.

Canty regressed this year... opposing teams were running all over us... and I've always thought his contract was too massive given the production... or lack thereof.

wasnt he injured this year as well?

I remember when we signed him, we gave him more money than Tuck and Osi... some of us were saying "dude lined up next to DeMarcus Ware... and only managed 5 sacks? WTF?"

I don't know how Canty got the world-beater rep. He is adequate, nothing more... and never has been anything more.

Canty wasn't a bad signing at the time...sure, we may have overpaid more than we'd have liked, but at the end of the day, I can't be too upset at his signing (and release).

Focusing on the future though, Jenkins provides flexibility come draft day. The Giants have plugged some holes using free agency in years past which gives them flexibility to take the best player available.

I'm still thinking we go with a DT in the first, simply because there's so many good ones that will potentially be available. From the sounds of things, Jenkins will be easy to cut down the road should a potential rookie step up and show promise.

I remember when we signed him, we gave him more money than Tuck and Osi... some of us were saying "dude lined up next to DeMarcus Ware... and only managed 5 sacks? WTF?"

I don't know how Canty got the world-beater rep. He is adequate, nothing more... and never has been anything more.

based on one game he played against ... us. He was an ok player with a star-level contract....

Canty wasn't a bad signing at the time...sure, we may have overpaid more than we'd have liked, but at the end of the day, I can't be too upset at his signing (and release).

Focusing on the future though, Jenkins provides flexibility come draft day. The Giants have plugged some holes using free agency in years past which gives them flexibility to take the best player available.

I'm still thinking we go with a DT in the first, simply because there's so many good ones that will potentially be available. From the sounds of things, Jenkins will be easy to cut down the road should a potential rookie step up and show promise.

if i remember correctly, we signed Canty when there was a crazy market for DT.. it was the same time when the Skins drop a 100mil on Albert Hamburger. I recall Reese said something like he drop an offer for the slop too. Then we kinda had to settle for the left over DT, which was Canty and i'm assuming that's when we gave a little too much (Just a little).. We did won a SUper Bowl with Canty .. so... i wouldn't say it's a bad signing. way better than wasting 80Millie on Fat Albert...