SportsWrath

Babin

Lughead

I never understood how a team can suck so badly yet the seem to always beat us... I guess playing is really is their super bowl.

All division games are basically a push in almost all divisions. It's why the Rams can tie the 49ers or how the Chiefs are actually be competitive against the Broncos or the Browns beat the Steelers. NFC East division games are just a push. The woman likes to bet on the Giants and I tell never bet on division games.

All division games are basically a push in almost all divisions. It's why the Rams can tie the 49ers or how the Chiefs are actually be competitive against the Broncos or the Browns beat the Steelers. NFC East division games are just a push. The woman likes to bet on the Giants and I tell never bet on division games.

Looks like Foles is going to get his third start.

This guy is way overrated. He had one good year in Tennessee, that allowed him to get a big contract with the Eagles. Before that he was a complete failure with five different teams, including a previous stint with the Eagles. He had lots of sacks last year, he's first year (again) with the Eagles, but most of them came at meaningless times and came in a three game stretch. Nobody realized how much this "dream team" was gonna backfire, mostly because of age, Babin is 32, Can'ttacklecan'tcovermuahhavenoideahowshutdownbecameassociatedwithmynamemuah is 31. Cullen Jenkins is 31 and Vick is 32, the media was acting like it was 2004 with this team and didn't realize they had a two year window to be good.

Looks like Foles is going to get his third start.

I think they are gonna be unfair with Foles, Peyton would suck with this team, that can't protect or has wr's that can't catch(Maclin) and wr's that don't try(Jackson) Depending on the new coach, I bet they look hard at Geno Smith in the draft.

If I was the Eagles, I wouldn't fire Andy Reid. I'd gut the team and let him rebuild, which in this day and age takes all of 2 years. It's not going to kill them to do this. IMO he's a very good head coach, and he'll be a good head coach elsewhere if he leaves. The guy has had a shitload on his mind this season and it can't be easy for the guy to find out his kid OD'd after all the shit he went through with him. I hate the Eagles, but I've a ton of time for him.

Half that team has quit on him, fans recognize that fact. As for Babin, there was no hit on the cap letting him go, and the idea of starting Curry makes sense. some former players were grumbling that Babin wasn't the greatest teammate.

wip-10-reid.jpg

Every team is going to quit on him in Philadelphia because he fails to deliver. Plenty of talent on that team but you can't find many players who believe anything Andy Reid and his staff is going to do is going to win the super bowl. Team is just rolling right on over and players are hoping they survive the purge. Gut the team and keep Reid you'll have the 1999 team all over again and they didn't win a super bowl either.

Andy Reid will get another job elsewhere if he wants one, his time is over in Philadelphia.

If I was the Eagles, I wouldn't fire Andy Reid. I'd gut the team and let him rebuild, which in this day and age takes all of 2 years. It's not going to kill them to do this. IMO he's a very good head coach, and he'll be a good head coach elsewhere if he leaves. The guy has had a shitload on his mind this season and it can't be easy for the guy to find out his kid OD'd after all the shit he went through with him. I hate the Eagles, but I've a ton of time for him.

Half that team has quit on him, fans recognize that fact. As for Babin, there was no hit on the cap letting him go, and the idea of starting Curry makes sense. some former players were grumbling that Babin wasn't the greatest teammate.

wip-10-reid.jpg

He's still green, but I like what I see in him. Pocket passer that can read a defense.

I was doing some pre-draft analysis of David Douglas, an undrafted rookie signee by the Giants who they stashed on the practice squad (now on the roster of the Bucs, good job for them), who was a target for Foles at AZ. Watching all the video, I wasn't too impressed by either the arm or accuracy of Foles. He appeared to be a project QB for me. But he has some intangibles I really like. The kid looks like he's more than the sum of his parts. Still, I think he needs another couple of years of seasoning before he is a legitimate starting QB on a playoff caliber team.

Fuck Iceman why don't you just post a list of topics we ARE allowed to discuss?

Hehe. I dont have a problem discussing our RB situation or anything man. Just that we really really dont need to discuss expensive DE/DL. The moment any big name is cut - we start bungee-jumping onto his jockstrap screaming EA YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!! I just felt Babin didnt have anything to be even talked about for the Giants. Other teams maybe, Giants no.

Hehe. I dont have a problem discussing our RB situation or anything man. Just that we really really dont need to discuss expensive DE/DL. The moment any big name is cut - we start bungee-jumping onto his jockstrap screaming EA YOU STOOPID IMGRATE!!! I just felt Babin didnt have anything to be even talked about for the Giants. Other teams maybe, Giants no.

No one actually said they wanted him. The self-destruction of our rivals is always worth a thread though.

This guy is way overrated. He had one good year in Tennessee, that allowed him to get a big contract with the Eagles. Before that he was a complete failure with five different teams, including a previous stint with the Eagles. He had lots of sacks last year, he's first year (again) with the Eagles, but most of them came at meaningless times and came in a three game stretch. Nobody realized how much this "dream team" was gonna backfire, mostly because of age, Babin is 32, Can'ttacklecan'tcovermuahhavenoideahowshutdownbecameassociatedwithmynamemuah is 31. Cullen Jenkins is 31 and Vick is 32, the media was acting like it was 2004 with this team and didn't realize they had a two year window to be good.

Nnamdi was and is the most overrated CB in the league. I said it as soon as he signed in Philly: This isn't the AFC West.

The funny thing is he has to go through waivers anyway. And the list goes in reverse of the current W/L record. If the Giants wanted him there is little to no chance they would get a shot at him. So unless the Giants wanted to trade something for him to the first team that claimed him the whole discussion is pointless anyway.

I was doing some pre-draft analysis of David Douglas, an undrafted rookie signee by the Giants who they stashed on the practice squad (now on the roster of the Bucs, good job for them), who was a target for Foles at AZ. Watching all the video, I wasn't too impressed by either the arm or accuracy of Foles. He appeared to be a project QB for me. But he has some intangibles I really like. The kid looks like he's more than the sum of his parts. Still, I think he needs another couple of years of seasoning before he is a legitimate starting QB on a playoff caliber team.

He actually has a cannon arm and he's pretty damn accurate, but I agree he's still green. What's most impressed me about him this season is his ability to read the defense and audible.

No one actually said they wanted him. The self-destruction of our rivals is always worth a thread though.

Amen to that. Rival self-destruction?? Bring it on anytime.

A SD self-destruction thread is also always welcome after all the shit-talk we got after the Eli trade. Turned out pretty well I think.....

I never understood how a team can suck so badly yet the seem to always beat us... I guess playing is really is their super bowl.

they beat us because we literally gave them the win. we were in fg range with not much time left and threw the ball like idiots

Bryce Brown looks pretty good. If I was an Eagles fan I'd be hoping for a defensive minded coach and institute a ball control offense centered around Mccoy and Brown. I think the defense needs a lot of work but if they make a commitment to running the ball and call high percentage pass plays for Foles, theyd be in a lot of games.

Of course they could have, but at the time Vick was the answer. Foles is the future.

The Eagles would have had to trade a lot to do it since there was a lot of competition. Moving up 15 spots with multiple suitors is no easy task.

Bryce Brown looks pretty good. If I was an Eagles fan I'd be hoping for a defensive minded coach and institute a ball control offense centered around Mccoy and Brown. I think the defense needs a lot of work but if they make a commitment to running the ball and call high percentage pass plays for Foles, theyd be in a lot of games.

If he learns to hold the ball properly. He's fumbling in every game and cost them a win.

The Eagles would have had to trade a lot to do it since there was a lot of competition. Moving up 15 spots with multiple suitors is no easy task.

If he learns to hold the ball properly. He's fumbling in every game and cost them a win.

Nas was talking hindsight, and like I said, last year Vick was the answer. Cost Reid his job too. Shady and Brown would be the perfect 1-2 punch.