SportsWrath

Babin

Lughead

Word is Babin didn't have an ounce of hustle in him, this move is all about setting the tone for next season and beyond.

Which makes me think that Andy Reid may not be as done as everyone seems to think.

Well, if there's one team that can save Reid's job, it's the Giants.

I guess his contract was too over-blown to trade him? Still, you already paid the guy, why not finish the sea...oh, maybe they're purposely self-destructing to move up the draft board?

Well when your season is in the toilet I don't think it's a terrible strategy to play rookies or backups to prepare for the draft. As Lughead posted benching Babin would have made an awkward set of circumstances so cutting is the best option. Now the team can fully evaluate where the true needs are. I posted this on the NFL boards on the Chiefs situation and why aren't they playing Stanzi. The Chiefs are road kill so why wouldn't you try all your QBs. Maybe he's the worst QB ever but a player is never a known commodity until he has game experience. If scouts and practice is fool proof Brady would have been drafted number 1 or started on day one.

Either way, our season's over. If you think about it, Babin wasn't producing and it frees up some cap space.

Yeah, your season is shot. But even at 6 sacks on the season, he was far from the worst piece of the puzzle and at this point in midseason, it just speaks of an impending blowing-up of the whole team.

I'd expect Foles, McCoy and maybe Jackson back...maybe some of the linemen who got injured...but everyone else would seemingly be releasable..to make up a word

Yeah, your season is shot. But even at 6 sacks on the season, he was far from the worst piece of the puzzle and at this point in midseason, it just speaks of an impending blowing-up of the whole team.

I'd expect Foles, McCoy and maybe Jackson back...maybe some of the linemen who got injured...but everyone else would seemingly be releasable..to make up a word

I can't say who will stick around yet. We don't even know who the next coach will be. With McCoy and Brown in the backfield this could be a very good fit for Cowher which would be my first choice and if that happens I don't think anybody will go anywhere until they see what this team's future has to offer.

I can't say who will stick around yet. We don't even know who the next coach will be. With McCoy and Brown in the backfield this could be a very good fit for Cowher which would be my first choice and if that happens I don't think anybody will go anywhere until they see what this team's future has to offer.

Cowher, and Gruden, both seem to be getting pretty comfortable in their talking-head chairs.

He's the LAST person I wanna see applying.

Just throwing his name out there as another former coach turned talking head whose name has been thrown in the 'come back to coaching' hat on an annual basis ever since they left coaching. I'm not suggesting he'd be great for the Eagles by any means.

There was a blurb I read the other day that mentioned the Eagles would be much more likely to go after a college coach or an up-and-coming coordinator or position coach as opposed to a former head coach. I tend to agree that that is more their style.

Just throwing his name out there as another former coach turned talking head whose name has been thrown in the 'come back to coaching' hat on an annual basis ever since they left coaching. I'm not suggesting he'd be great for the Eagles by any means.

There was a blurb I read the other day that mentioned the Eagles would be much more likely to go after a college coach or an up-and-coming coordinator or position coach as opposed to a former head coach. I tend to agree that that is more their style.

Please gawd not Chip Kelly. :cwy:

Cowher, and Gruden, both seem to be getting pretty comfortable in their talking-head chairs.

Gruden has a sweet deal....he's pretty much untouchable now.....he's a funny guy, good natured, and can break shit down for fans very quickly.

Why the hell do we always start yapping about every player who is cut? Do you really think we need to look at an expensive DL considering Resse's credentials and how well we draft DL in general?? Giants wouldnt even have batted an eye-lid. They dont need Babin. We have enough cap room issues trying to keep Cruz and JPP and Nicks as it is. Babin didnt do much this year and his cost is just not worth it. No point in discussing this anyway. We never get DL in FA. We draft brilliant and develop them. Something the Eagles should learn to do. For example - I think Wilson is being groomed to be a nassstyyy mofo. Give him the first year to learn the NFL and to shut his pie-hole. Next year he should be filth!! (in the good sense)

Why the hell do we always start yapping about every player who is cut? Do you really think we need to look at an expensive DL considering Resse's credentials and how well we draft DL in general?? Giants wouldnt even have batted an eye-lid. They dont need Babin. We have enough cap room issues trying to keep Cruz and JPP and Nicks as it is. Babin didnt do much this year and his cost is just not worth it. No point in discussing this anyway. We never get DL in FA. We draft brilliant and develop them. Something the Eagles should learn to do. For example - I think Wilson is being groomed to be a nassstyyy mofo. Give him the first year to learn the NFL and to shut his pie-hole. Next year he should be filth!! (in the good sense)

Fuck Iceman why don't you just post a list of topics we ARE allowed to discuss?

Plus hes a horrible coach so he's pretty much in the best spot for him.

I have a hard time calling any Super Bowl winnning coach "horrible".

And don't forget, he retooled the Raiders before taking the Bucs to a Super Bowl.

RE: Babin.....looks like he's a Jaguar now.

I have a hard time calling any Super Bowl winnning coach "horrible".

And don't forget, he retooled the Raiders before taking the Bucs to a Super Bowl.

RE: Babin.....looks like he's a Jaguar now.

yeah if dungy gets most of the credit for the bucs superbowl, gruden should get the most credit for the raiders getting to the super bowl that same year.