SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread 2.0 beta.

BlueInCanada

It really was a WTF moment when I heard the pick. The only thing that would make my jaw drop further is if they draft another TE with their next pick.

His size says he's more of a full back than a TE... and I guess the Colts are going the NE route with the 2 TE sets.... basically a TE is a big WR... having said that.. still a head scratcher.

So what can you draft gurus tell me about this Randle kid?

People were surprised how far down he fell, what concerns does he have? Bad attitude? Poor work ethic? Pretty inexperienced?

My only guess is his 31 inch vertical.

This dude is the 4th best WR on my board behind Blackmon, The ND kid, and Hill.

My only guess is his 31 inch vertical.

This dude is the 4th best WR on my board behind Blackmon, The ND kid, and Hill.

From what I've been reading is he's pretty raw and has bad habits.

So Coughlin is gonna sit him behind Nicks and Cruz and let him learn from the best in the game, hopefully impresses some time in the season.

So what can you draft gurus tell me about this Randle kid?

People were surprised how far down he fell, what concerns does he have? Bad attitude? Poor work ethic? Pretty inexperienced?

I'm no guru, but virtually everything I've read said he was first round talent. Heck....yesterday I would've been psyched if he fell to us in the first. This is a grand slam homerun - this is insane that we got him. All I can think is that teams followed trends and when DE's started coming off the board, there was a run on them....same with DT's, corners, etc. and no one seemed to be going after WR's. Whatever it was.....we fuckin stole this guy!

I thought we'd take Massie in the 2nd... This pick came out of the blue for me... same with Wilson.. but hey. I'm not the expert here.

It's a bit like when Manningham fell to us in the 3rd years back. You know there's a reason why he fell, but you've got to take the kid.

Wow I'm still so psyched about Randle. I think his only issue is route-running. He isn't a precise route-runner. But he has all the physical tools, the speed, the hands, he can be physical, he's the whole package. You look at why he fell so far, and the only thing I can say is that other teams that were taking WR's in the 2nd had other guys higher on their board, maybe those other receivers fit their system better, or maybe they just aren't as good of talent evaluators. Regardless, you're getting a player that was hugely productive playing in the SEC, a guy that was a playmaker, a homerun threat, and his floor is pretty high.

I thought we'd take Massie in the 2nd... This pick came out of the blue for me... same with Wilson.. but hey. I'm not the expert here.

Hell..the way things are falling and everyone seems to be reaching to fill needs, we might pick up Massie at the end of this round. Stranger things have happened.

Best thing is he's "NFL ready"

-Marc Ross

Tom Rock

Also In Football

• Rueben Randle disputes Marc Ross' claim that he is an NFL-ready receiver. "I’m pretty sure there are a lot of things I need to work on. I’m not sure I’m NFL-ready yet. I have to get adjusted to the timing and the speed of the game." He probably should have mentioned that in the interview.

He's just being humble, that's all it is.

Yup! I love it!!!

I fucking love the Giants first two selections! Exactly what I wanted, two shiny new toys for Eli, and about 150 gallons of JetFuel for out high octane offense.

Was hoping to land Streeter round 4, sucks we could have gone Hill and miller instead but oh well!!! I still love the picks!

Let's go Reese!