SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread 2.0 beta.

BlueInCanada

Well it's a simple fact that not every player a team picks will turn out to even be on the team in five years.

Who knows we have Pope and Coughlin teaching the kid.

Yeah......hopefully they know something that nobody else knows about the kid. He may not be the tallest kid in the TE list and near the bottom.....but he's the heaviest kid so he must be very thick. Could be they plan to have him block

Overview

Mosley played defensive end and tight end at Coffeyville Community College. He converted to the offensive tackle position after signing with Auburn. He continues to develop both physically and with his skill set, and has some traits that make him a late-round prospect.

Analysis

Strengths

Mosley is good at mirroring the defender and keeping his man in front of him. He is not a violent blocker but can move people enough to create a hole. He has played in a spread offense where he was responsible for walling defenders off and getting to the second level, which he excels at.

Weaknesses

Mosley is a clear developmental prospect for two reasons: he hasn't played the position long, and he played in a spread offense which is far from conventional for an NFL tackle. He will have a serious developmental phase.

So he is inexperienced.

Sit him for a few years then see what he can do.

on robinson:

Personnel evaluator from another team on Robinson: "The sky is the limit for that kid."

Not to knock your source (well yeah, I'm knocking it), that's pretty obscure (some guy from some other team says.....). And the truth is, the sky is the limit for every player.

Not to knock your source (well yeah, I'm knocking it), that's pretty obscure (some guy from some other team says.....). And the truth is, the sky is the limit for every player.

it's mike garafolo's source.

Overview

Mosley played defensive end and tight end at Coffeyville Community College. He converted to the offensive tackle position after signing with Auburn. He continues to develop both physically and with his skill set, and has some traits that make him a late-round prospect.

Analysis

Strengths

Mosley is good at mirroring the defender and keeping his man in front of him. He is not a violent blocker but can move people enough to create a hole. He has played in a spread offense where he was responsible for walling defenders off and getting to the second level, which he excels at.

Weaknesses

Mosley is a clear developmental prospect for two reasons: he hasn't played the position long, and he played in a spread offense which is far from conventional for an NFL tackle. He will have a serious developmental phase.

So he is inexperienced.

Sit him for a few years then see what he can do.

He was a TE.....maybe that's where they are thinking of using him :ermm:

Regardless....he sounds like another 3-year project before he's given a shot on the line.

Regardless....he sounds like another 3-year project before he's given a shot on the line.

they aren't thinking of using him at TE, besides the occasional seubert role.

At the same time, you dont really draft a fourth round lineman expecting him to start day one.

Coughlin on the picks;

He sees Wilson and Randle as play makers who are both NFL ready. Hinted more towards Wilson being the home run guy and Randle replacing Mario.

Talked about Randle being high on the draft board and was surprised by how far he fell to the Giants.

Eisen made the point about the Giants losing BJ, Mario and Ross and how the Giants then drafted an RB, WR, CB yet getting some of the best value with the picks as well.

Yeah......hopefully they know something that nobody else knows about the kid. He may not be the tallest kid in the TE list and near the bottom.....but he's the heaviest kid so he must be very thick. Could be they plan to have him block

I wish we took your guy Thompson.

I wish we took your guy Thompson.

Yeah....me too. I see the Titans traded up and snatched him up shortly after we passed on him.

I'm convinced the two 4th round picks were meant strictly to shore up the o-line. Robinson is a wide body, the heaviest TE in the draft (well, among the top 50 listed anyway) and was primarily a blocker in college. I think the Giants plan on using him as a 5th blocker on the line. The Mosley pick also addresses the o-line of course. Eli has some new toys and they are building a wall to keep him safe.

I'm still disappointed in the Robinson pick only because he probably could have been gotten much later in the draft; whereas, Thompson was not expected to survive the 4th round. Of course, I am not in the war room with the kind of knowledge on players that they have. When I see the TE's in the NFL that light up the field (Witten, Gronkowski, Gonzalez, Boss and Ballard) were all around 6'6" and within 3 or 4 lbs of the ideal 245 weight at that height. That size and weight was right in Thompson's wheelhouse and Thompson had great speed and great hands. Robinson is a couple inches shorter and 265 lbs which is really stocky for a guy that height. That's why I think he's probably being groomed more as a blocker than a catching TE. He had a total of 29 receptions in 4 years at college....or 7 passes a year. That's sorta like a fullback who every other game gets a ball chucked to him just to keep the other side honest. Hard to think he's being seen as a receiving target to tear up the backfield ala Bavaro or Gronkowski. But who knows.....I'm just a fan in love with the team.

Yeah....me too. I see the Titans traded up and snatched him up shortly after we passed on him.

I'm convinced the two 4th round picks were meant strictly to shore up the o-line. Robinson is a wide body, the heaviest TE in the draft (well, among the top 50 listed anyway) and was primarily a blocker in college. I think the Giants plan on using him as a 5th blocker on the line. The Mosley pick also addresses the o-line of course. Eli has some new toys and they are building a wall to keep him safe.

I'm still disappointed in the Robinson pick only because he probably could have been gotten much later in the draft; whereas, Thompson was not expected to survive the 4th round. Of course, I am not in the war room with the kind of knowledge on players that they have. When I see the TE's in the NFL that light up the field (Witten, Gronkowski, Gonzalez, Boss and Ballard) were all around 6'6" and within 3 or 4 lbs of the ideal 245 weight at that height. That size and weight was right in Thompson's wheelhouse and Thompson had great speed and great hands. Robinson is a couple inches shorter and 265 lbs which is really stocky for a guy that height. That's why I think he's probably being groomed more as a blocker than a catching TE. He had a total of 29 receptions in 4 years at college....or 7 passes a year. That's sorta like a fullback who every other game gets a ball chucked to him just to keep the other side honest. Hard to think he's being seen as a receiving target to tear up the backfield ala Bavaro or Gronkowski. But who knows.....I'm just a fan in love with the team.

The guy runs in the 4.5s forty and played for Cincinatti who runs the ball like 85% of the time....and he had close to 15 catches and 3 touchdowns. Oh and check out his 72 yard beauty against Miami (OH). Trust me when I say this, you're wrong here.

The guy runs in the 4.5s forty and played for Cincinatti who runs the ball like 85% of the time....and he had close to 15 catches and 3 touchdowns. Oh and check out his 72 yard beauty against Miami (OH). Trust me when I say this, you're wrong here.

This from ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/13863/rapid-reaction-giants-draft-a-tight-end )

"There isn’t a lot of production to go off of from his college career as Robinson had a total of 12 receptions for 183 yards and three touchdowns in 2011. He has a total of 29 catches for his career at Cincinnati in four years"