SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread 2.0 beta.

BlueInCanada

This from ESPN (http://espn.go.com/b...aft-a-tight-end )

"There isn’t a lot of production to go off of from his college career as Robinson had a total of 12 receptions for 183 yards and three touchdowns in 2011. He has a total of 29 catches for his career at Cincinnati in four years"

thanks for repeating what i just said to you. :rolleyes:

ya know what, alright, you've been spot on ALL draft.

I like both our 4th rounders too!!

That TE is an A+ athlete and Bleedin I think 6-4 265 is a nice TE body. Btw, it would be nice if he was 6-5 but oh well. Martellus Bennet is 6-6 1/2 260 pounds so he'll make you happy! Lol.

Both of our 4th round picks are projects with high potential.

It's nice to know that our rookie TE played in a run heavy offense, this must mean he knows how to block already.

Jerry Reese is an absolute beast!

I love the way we draft!

Also remember we may add free agents after the draft.

If I'm correct the Kiwanuka extension gave us around 3mil more cap room this year.

Yup good point!!

Still some nice F/As out there!!

Plus you know we are #1 on there wish list, well atleast the cheap vet F/As that want a ring. (Shaun Rogers)

Yup good point!!

Still some nice F/As out there!!

Plus you know we are #1 on there wish list, well atleast the cheap vet F/As that want a ring. (Shaun Rogers)

and you get some teams releasing people after the draft too.

we signed Baas last year after the draft.

so because Cincinatti doesn't pass the ball often, used him almost exclusively as an inside the 20 receiver, and you don't "have much to go off of" (but may I remind you that, Reese and co. didn't have "much to go by" for Ballard either) it means they will almost exclusively use him to "shore up the offensive line"?

In other words, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

4.5 forty, a bigger target than Beckum, but as fast.

I like how for the picks you've researched you make good points, are logical, and find good draft references. But for the picks you have no idea about, you regurgitate ESPN quotes. Great job.

Here bros, my buddy is a big time Bearcats fan.....

http://bearcatsnation.com/2012/04/24/2012-nfl-draft-analysis-adrien-robinson/

The tight end position has actually been one of the most successful units for the Bearcats to develop into NFL players. Brent Celek was drafted in 2007 by the Philadelphia Eagles after making one of the

of any Bearcat in the history of UC football. I’m not saying that highlight was the reason he was drafted – his size and being 2nd on the team in reception yards were also big factors – but it certainly didn’t hurt his draft stock. Next in line was Ben Guidugli who was never drafted but got picked up by the St. Louis Rams. He’s on the small-side but incredibly quick like New England’s Wes Welker and the Rams have loved the wrinkle he brought to their offense.

With Guidugli graduated, new TE-1 Adrien Robinson was given the opportunity to shine. But he never seemed to put up the numbers of his predecessors. Why? Well I’m going to have to mention to the recurring theme; Zach Collaros’ inability to see the middle of the field thus reducing the production from tight end position that makes its money in this area. The stats don’t lie:

• 2007: 473 reception yards for tight ends
  • 2008: 376 yds
  • 2009: 697 yds
  • 2010: 262 yds <– First season with Collaros as starter.
  • 2011: 366 yds

Clearly having Zach take most of the snaps really impeded tight ends, particularly Guidugli and Robinson, from padding their numbers. But that shouldn’t stop Adrien from being drafted sometime this cycle.

STRENGTHS

• Size
  • Speed
  • Blocking

6’4″ 260 lbs is big for most human beings and has made Adrien Robinson a nice target in the passing game. When matched up against defensive backs, who are typically shorter than 6’0″ and less than 200 lbs, they find it difficult to ‘body’ him up.

. Even larger linebackers have trouble containing him. Another advantage Robinson has over linebackers was his speed. For his size, he is surprisingly fast running a 4.56-40 at Cincinnati’s Pro-Day. If Robinson had been invited to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, that time would have placed him 2nd fastest among tight ends. But he is also a gifted blocker. With Isaiah Pead in the backfield, Cincinnati transitioned to more of a run-oriented team in 2011. Many times last season Butch Jones and offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian would design runs toward Robinson’s side of the field because of his ability to seal off the edge as well as block defenders at the second level. In run blocking he simply has an immense size advantage over 230-240 lbs linebackers and 200-210 lbs safeties. It really is no contest and Robinson eats them for lunch.

WEAKNESSES

• Feet
  • Resume

I really like what Robinson has brought to the Bearcats over the past couple of seasons and he has very few flaws in his game. If I had to be picky I would say it is the quickness of his feet and his route running ability. The difference between average tight ends and great tight ends in the NFL is their versatility on offense. They can line up in the the trenches and spread out wide acting like a large wide receiver. We know Robinson can run vertical seams and be a weapon in the red zone but can he run complicated routes? I really don’t know. Also, like I mentioned, Robinson hasn’t put up the best numbers in his time at Cincinnati. He caught passes for just 174 yards in 2009, 65 yards in 2010, and 183 yards in 2011, 72 of which came on that circus catch against the Miami Redhawks. But it’s tough to put the blame on him when the production from that position as a whole was down with Zach Collaros running the offense. In a regular NFL system, quarterbacks should be able to find him much easier and he will put up better numbers.

PROJECTED ROUND(S)/LIKELY TEAM(S)

• 4th Round – 7th Round
  • New Orleans Saints, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, Atlanta Falcons

Robinson has been the fastest rising player of any Bearcat on NFL draft boards. His amazing 4.56-40 time at UC’s Pro-Day combined with his 6’4″ 260 lbs body has scouts drooling. In an increasingly tight end-centric league, those numbers propelled him from an undrafted free agent to the 4th or 5th round. Unlike in recent years there isn’t that strong of a tight end class in the 2012 NFL Draft and the fact that Robinson has been making so much movement of late bodes well for him. He visited the Pittsburgh Steelers last week who could be looking to transition out of the Heath Miller era and the same goes for the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Clark. He also visited the Miami Dolphins and New Orleans Saints who could be looking for a compliment to their established tight ends.

thanks for repeating what i just said to you. :rolleyes:

ya know what, alright, you've been spot on ALL draft.

Well....to be honest, you said he had 15 catches last year which was an exageration. And that one long run of his pretty much made up half of his total yards for the year.

Regardless.....I hope you're right and that he is the next Gronkowski.....no, make that better than Gronkowski. But I just have my doubts. I know the team is high on Hopkins so maybe he'll get his shot this year while Robinson learns the game at the NFL level.

What the fuck is a bearcat? Sounds like something from the 12-14 range on the D&D Wandering Monster Table.

I've had that same question seeing that the college I graduated from (Binghamton University) are also the "Bearcats". No one on campus could tell me what the hell a bearcat is either.

Well....to be honest, you said he had 15 catches last year which was an exageration. And that one long run of his pretty much made up half of his total yards for the year.

Regardless.....I hope you're right and that he is the next Gronkowski.....no, make that better than Gronkowski. But I just have my doubts. I know the team is high on Hopkins so maybe he'll get his shot this year while Robinson learns the game at the NFL level.

No, actually, I said he had CLOSE to 15 catches, is 12 not close to 15? Obviously, it's closer to 10, but I'm not going to take AWAY from the guys production and I couldn't recall the exact number, but I knew it was more then 10.

He certainly outjumps Gronkowski's attempt at outjumping the Dirty White Boy in the Super Bowl.

Wow, I've never heard of that entire family let alone the species. Thanks.

ya, who knows why they decided to name their respective teams after an obscure animal from Asia, lol

That's what Cruz dos his rookie year

He "pulled a hammy" and went on IR.

Cruz was already showing flashes, if anything going on IR hindered his progress more.

Besides I still dont get the logic, when a player is on IR all they can do in a team facility is go in for treatment and study.

I don't know of any player who got better from just watching game film.