SportsWrath

NFP: Why Victor Cruz Won't Get A Huge Payday

Mr. P

Agreed T, it can also be said that Nicks has outstanding YAC as well, the packer game catch and run was phenomenal!!

Yep that was an excellent run...basically both of these guys have desire... The DESIRE to make a play every time they catch the ball. One thing though is that guys will be keying on how loosely both carry the ball sometimes.

Yep that was an excellent run...basically both of these guys have desire... The DESIRE to make a play every time they catch the ball. One thing though is that guys will be keying on how loosely

both carry the ball sometimes.

Yea very true, we've seen Cruz put the ball on the ground alot and the calls go our way, I've also seen Nicks pull a Plax an hold the ball like a loaf of bread. Cruz is a tremendous threat ou of the slot which is great, he's a much better version of Steve Smith and Nicks is just a pure stud. Guy can do it all and is a top 5 WR in the NFL, I consider Cruz top 10-15 as well. Hopefully Cruz can produce well again and I can consider him top 5 with Nicks.

Why not? Not saying Cruz should get more but I'm thinking both should get the same exact deal. Both make one another shine...

i like cruz and i want to keep him. but nicks was putting up the best wr numbers in football in 2010 before his compartment syndrome injury. he doesn't need cruz to put up dominant numbers

Nicks is the better overall wide receiver. He can cover all areas of the field and he has better (and bigger)hands than Cruz, who still makes plenty of mental errors.Cruz, while good, has had one good season. I'd make him ride out another year before paying him. By the way, with all this going on Manningham would be a fool not to go elsewhere.

By the way, jake ballard has been fine this year, but let's not get carried away, he's an ok tight end but slow as shit in a league where the tight ends are now running as fast as wideouts. Giants should be looking at a tight end in the draft because if manningham leaves like I think he will, Eli needs another set of hands.

He will be alright...the Giants will take care of him.

Just the way they treated Jay Alfort??? This league is a business. If you're no good to the team you're out of here. No matter what you done for us before.

It's a risky business being a football player. Some makes it with timing some don't. I do hope Cruz can get his due.

Just the way they treated Jay Alfort??? This league is a business. If you're no good to the team you're out of here. No matter what you done for us before.

It's a risky business being a football player. Some makes it with timing some don't. I do hope Cruz can get his due.

The cruel part of any league is getting injured. If Cruz gets injured he's screwed just like Smith. This why I don't blame players for holding out. He is one step away from unemployment.

Jay Alford got hurt and other than that Brady sack in the Super Bowl number 42 he made no impact. The Giants have a good history of rewarding consistently good players and are not hard ball when it comes to injury settlements. This is the main reason why Cruz needs to look to the commercial endorsement market and try to renegotiate an incentive laden contract. But he needs to take a number...

Agreed T, it can also be said that Nicks has outstanding YAC as well, the packer game catch and run was phenomenal!!

Ya, but that catch and run and the one in the Falcons game, the defenders looked like they were in slow motion. That was some of the most awful tackling and pursuit I have ever seen in football, let alone the playoffs. Looking back the Falcons did not stand a chance against us and probably didn't deserve to be there.

Cruz actually makes people miss. He's definitely the better YAC receiver.

But I put Nicks' Dirty Bird right up there with Cruz's salsa.

Literally ran right by everyone untouched. Pathetic for the Falcons, lol.

And the dirty bird dance was great!!

Nicks is a stud, he's got the perfect set of skills and can do everything. And like Hercules said he will STill be a really good player when he loses a step or two since he has great physicality and can become a pure possession WR when he gets old.

Storm seriously idk how you can even say anything bad about Nicks, hes clearly much better then Cruz so idk why you would back Cruz up.

Nicks is a top 5 WR, Cruz is not. Cruz is great but Nicks is elite.

And you call Nosebleed unstable. I didn't say a single thing bad about Nicks. I simply said Cruz is a MUCH bigger YAC threat than Nicks. Again, Cruz makes people miss. The Nicks plays you are talking about were piss poor attempts at tackling.

Oh, and btw, Cruz has softer hands.

Nicks is the bigger threat, physically and in the red zone, but Cruz has been the home run hitter since stepping on the scene.

I tend to agree with Nas, they are both amazing talents. But the gap you claim to see in talent between the two is not nearly as big as you are making it out to be. They are simply different types of receivers.