SportsWrath

Unbelievable

Sephiroth

7 - 9.... this team is done.

That was my prediction at the beginning of the season... though I thought they might finish 8-8 when they won that first one against the Eagles. Of course, I thought they would beat the fucking Seahawks too.

They will lose to Green Bay. This team even at full strength wasn't beating the Saints in the dome, without key players like Michael Boley and Ahmad Bradshaw, they really didn't have a prayer.

The good news is that they can beat the Jets, and even still I think they can beat the Cowboys, but they have to do it twice. And they will beat the Redskins, too. 10-6, and hey, maybe they'll even get a playoff win. But this team isn't good enough to go deep into the playoffs.

When is enough, enough? That's what I want to know....you have dudes who are just going through the motions on defense. For a second, I thought that JPP was being fast-forwarded but it was just the rest of the team being stuck in slow motion.

What this team really needs to do is draft a pass rushing DE or two... having a lot of them keeps them fresh with a rotation and will see us apply consistent pressure all game long.

Then we should pound the ball with Brandon Jacobs, because he's a real force. Re-signing Bradshaw is also a priority since he's a tough runner that always plays a 16-game season... no way that bow-legged running style will see him do something like break his feet.

Finally, we need to promote Jerry Palmieri to head coach, so that Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell can end up on injured reserve by week 3.

What this team really needs to do is draft a pass rushing DE or two... having a lot of them keeps them fresh with a rotation and will see us apply consistent pressure all game long.

Then we should pound the ball with Brandon Jacobs, because he's a real force. Re-signing Bradshaw is also a priority since he's a tough runner that always plays a 16-game season... no way that bow-legged running style will see him do something like break his feet.

Finally, we need to promote Jerry Palmieri to head coach, so that Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell can end up on injured reserve by week 3.

LOL!!!

Seph, just looking at how Justin Tuck is playing it just looks like he is playing at less than even 90%. He is just not as effective as he normally is when healthy. I also think the Giants are having a big problem getting push up the middle especially on passing downs. I hope that next year, Marvin Austin will be part of the solution to fix this. But if they had a guy in the mold of a Haloti Ngata or Vince WIlfork, I think that could really help this defense... as well as some linebackers that could play the pass.

There are lots of other holes on this team, though... and Reese will have a big job ahead of him to re-stock this roster because right now it needs a lot more talent.

The guys that made this team good are broken or breaking down. Bradshaw, Jacobs, Diehl, Mckenzie, Snee(?), Tuck, Osi these guys are supposed to be impact players and the foundation for our team. I dont think its a total rebuild, and Tuck and Snee could bounce back next year but there are a lot of fucking holes to fill.

Seph, just looking at how Justin Tuck is playing it just looks like he is playing at less than even 90%. He is just not as effective as he normally is when healthy. I also think the Giants are having a big problem getting push up the middle especially on passing downs. I hope that next year, Marvin Austin will be part of the solution to fix this. But if they had a guy in the mold of a Haloti Ngata or Vince WIlfork, I think that could really help this defense... as well as some linebackers that could play the pass.

There are lots of other holes on this team, though... and Reese will have a big job ahead of him to re-stock this roster because right now it needs a lot more talent.

This, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with.

Restocking must include the offensive line first. They suck right now, hardcore, from LT to RT. None of them are playing well. And the thing is, they're the ones that are mostly healthy.

As for our amazing defensive line, they're talented, but I think that a new DC would tap into that talent in ways that Fewell doesn't or can't.

I would really not be surprised to see Coughlin let go this offseason. When he said after the game that he thought they prepared well this week and that they were prepared to go up against the Saints, this AFTER allowing 49 points and giving up turnovers - I have to believe that he's lost his sense of this team. I can understand being prepared and still losing - but no way that game was even as close as the score. A coach prepares and motivates his team. Coughlin failed on both accounts last night.

as long as we beat Dallas at their fucking place on 11 Dec i dont care about the GB game ( 54-3 probably )

( we were always going to get our asses kicked last night ........i just expected more from our bloody D )

i just want to see that smug grin wiped of Romo's face

Restocking must include the offensive line first. They suck right now, hardcore, from LT to RT. None of them are playing well. And the thing is, they're the ones that are mostly healthy.

As for our amazing defensive line, they're talented, but I think that a new DC would tap into that talent in ways that Fewell doesn't or can't.

I would really not be surprised to see Coughlin let go this offseason. When he said after the game that he thought they prepared well this week and that they were prepared to go up against the Saints, this AFTER allowing 49 points and giving up turnovers - I have to believe that he's lost his sense of this team. I can understand being prepared and still losing - but no way that game was even as close as the score. A coach prepares and motivates his team. Coughlin failed on both accounts last night.

This. Let it be known (again).. I'm no fan of Fewel. Our D looks like shit out there.. and it IS LOADED with talent.... even with TT out. I HATE FEWEL. :angry:

Arrmegedon has arrived.

The nightmare senario of the tough schedule has become an undeniable reality.

As far as disecting our players, and what we need, its impossible right now. You need to bring in a real and respected Head Coach who can motivate men.

Tom can flap his arms till the cows come home but nobody is paying any attention on that bench. We need a seasoned HC who can evaluate what we have, and pass on to reese what is needed. My vote is still for Cowher, or Spags if we can ge him back.

I would also consider Andy Reid if he is cut loose, or Jack Del Rio who was cut today from a team with no talent.

Del Rio is a defensive coach and he's never had a QB like Eli, or WRs like ours. He would stiffen the D.

Coughlin is done...........completely tuned out by the players.

Look at San Fran........a dirt bag team under Singletary, but a battering ram under Harbaugh.

I looked out there last night and saw a decent offense and a horrible D. Coughlin has to go, Fewell has to go.

His insistance on playing zone against the tougher teams had ruined us.

What is needed by the G Men is pretty straight forward.

1. They need receivers who run good routes and catch the fucking ball. Period...not Jerry Rice...not "Megatron"..just 3 to 4 solid guys that make the routine plays every time and whom Manning knows will be where the are supposed to be...last night was disgraceful.

2. A TE...like a Young Shockey but with better hands....a mismatch that is too fast for LB...to big for a Safety...we have two Campbells now....

3. Two Bradshaws...not one. Two players that can run, block, and catch....routine stuff.

4. If they stay will a blocking FB...they need a Comella ...not a Finn....not a Hitchcock...not a Hornoxki.....they need big athlete...not a huge load.....some one who can run a surprise draw, is reliable in the flat and can get to the hole and block at the second level.

5. O-line...needs depth and another year of playing together. Eli had time last night...there were holes last night.....

Defense.

1. The line is fine...banged up...but fine..and tired of basically carrying the entire fucking defense for 11 games.

2. Need a football player at LB. Someone who covers ground and hits...someone who gets to the gap, and hits.

3. A playmaker in the secondary. We got nothing special back there...they could all go tomorrow and we wouldn't miss them.....we dont' have a hitter...we dont' have a cover guy,...we dont' have brain....we dont' have a football player...we don't have a gambler...we don't have a ball hawk. We got garbage.

C. Wagon

Guest StrahansGap

This one-two punch of Brandon Jacobs and DJ Ware are the worst NY Giants running tandem since I don't know when. BJ hits the whole like an old woman and Ware flat out sucks. I'd rather have a fumbling tiki barber and a fat ton dayne.

Guest StrahansGap

This one-two punch of Brandon Jacobs and DJ Ware are the worst NY Giants running tandem since I don't know when. BJ hits the whole like an old woman and Ware flat out sucks. I'd rather have a fumbling tiki barber and a fat ron dayne.

What is needed by the G Men is pretty straight forward.

1. They need receivers who run good routes and catch the fucking ball. Period...not Jerry Rice...not "Megatron"..just 3 to 4 solid guys that make the routine plays every time and whom Manning knows will be where the are supposed to be...last night was disgraceful.

2. A TE...like a Young Shockey but with better hands....a mismatch that is too fast for LB...to big for a Safety...we have two Campbells now....

3. Two Bradshaws...not one. Two players that can run, block, and catch....routine stuff.

4. If they stay will a blocking FB...they need a Comella ...not a Finn....not a Hitchcock...not a Hornoxki.....they need big athlete...not a huge load.....some one who can run a surprise draw, is reliable in the flat and can get to the hole and block at the second level.

5. O-line...needs depth and another year of playing together. Eli had time last night...there were holes last night.....

Defense.

1. The line is fine...banged up...but fine..and tired of basically carrying the entire fucking defense for 11 games.

2. Need a football player at LB. Someone who covers ground and hits...someone who gets to the gap, and hits.

3. A playmaker in the secondary. We got nothing special back there...they could all go tomorrow and we wouldn't miss them.....we dont' have a hitter...we dont' have a cover guy,...we dont' have brain....we dont' have a football player...we don't have a gambler...we don't have a ball hawk. We got garbage.

C. Wagon

Pretty solid assessment, Chuck.

Depending on best available, I think we need to go LB, DT, OL. Again, depends on the who, when, and where.

On defense, I want a linebacker that can run, hit, and has instinct. Certainly, one exists in the NCAA and can be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Jernigan in the 3rd was a dumb fucking move, period.

No more fucking "converts"......I want to draft a LINEBACKER, not some undersized DE that can be converted to linebacker if the stars line up properly, or a safety that can "bulk up".

For DT, we need to find some fucking crazy ass Pacific Islander......Somoa, Fiji, Tonga, whatever. We need a kid that has literally been born and raised to play football. I want a dude who is 6-2, with 320 pounds of natural weight ....not some stateside lard ass who needs to hit the weights and supplements to stay there....I want a dude who would be 320 and playing the fucking ukulele if he weren't in the NFL.

For the offensive line, I want a mastodon from the cornfields of America. Some kid who could pull a plow by himself. I want a drive blocker.

Pretty solid assessment, Chuck.

Depending on best available, I think we need to go LB, DT, OL. Again, depends on the who, when, and where.

On defense, I want a linebacker that can run, hit, and has instinct. Certainly, one exists in the NCAA and can be drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Jernigan in the 3rd was a dumb fucking move, period.

No more fucking "converts"......I want to draft a LINEBACKER, not some undersized DE that can be converted to linebacker if the stars line up properly, or a safety that can "bulk up".

For DT, we need to find some fucking crazy ass Pacific Islander......Somoa, Fiji, Tonga, whatever. We need a kid that has literally been born and raised to play football. I want a dude who is 6-2, with 320 pounds of natural weight ....not some stateside lard ass who needs to hit the weights and supplements to stay there....I want a dude who would be 320 and playing the fucking ukulele if he weren't in the NFL.

For the offensive line, I want a mastodon from the cornfields of America. Some kid who could pull a plow by himself. I want a drive blocker.

:clap: