SportsWrath

Jason Pierre-Paul

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

OK. Here goes: He's 22. He's a complete freak of nature. If he was running toward me full speed, I would definitely shit my pants. And oh yeah.......he has 8 1/2 sacks in 7 games this year.

Not that you guys don't already know this ,but he's the real fucking deal. Mark my words.....when it's all said and done, he'll have a better career than Strahan and will go down as one of the best Giants defenders of all time. And I will change my name to JPP'SArms. :giants:

OK. Here goes: He's 22. He's a complete freak of nature. If he was running toward me full speed, I would definitely shit my pants. And oh yeah.......he has 8 1/2 sacks in 7 games this year.

Not that you guys don't already know this ,but he's the real fucking deal. Mark my words.....when it's all said and done, he'll have a better career than Strahan and will go down as one of the best Giants defenders of all time. And I will change my name to JPP'SArms. :giants:

Easy there!!!! Putting him next to my hero Strahan is a bit too early and I think you're crazy. Yes he's good but wait till he has to battle being DP. Right now most forces is on Tuck. But I can't really disagree with you there.

Guest StrahansGap

Easy there!!!! Putting him next to my hero Strahan is a bit too early and I think you're crazy. Yes he's good but wait till he has to battle being DP. Right now most forces is on Tuck. But I can't really disagree with you there.

I love Strahan...hence my name. But JPP is on pace to have 20+ sacks this year. He's 22 years old and only in his second season. Scary!!!!!!

I love Strahan...hence my name. But JPP is on pace to have 20+ sacks this year. He's 22 years old and only in his second season. Scary!!!!!!

Yeah he's having a hell of a season.

The challenge is going to come though of seeing is he can repeat his success season in and out, deal with injuries plus obviously being game planned for.

Strahan didn't go over 8.5 sacks for a SEASON until his 5th year. JPP is 7 games into his 2nd year...... :blink:

Apples and Oranges.

Strahan didn't have help until 2005 when Osi showed up.

And don't give me Cedric Jones, Chad Bratzke or Kenny Holmes either.

Apples and Oranges.

Wasn't Chad Bratzke a motivational speaker who lived in a van down by the river?

Guest StrahansGap

Apples and Oranges.

C'mon bro. Chad Bratzke was the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest StrahansGap

All kidding aside. Strahan is my favorite Giant ever. He's the best and until someone surpasses him, he's number 1 in my book.

But I'm real excited for JPP. I hope he stays a Giant forever.

So much of it depends on how healthy he stays.

Strahan had a long run, and was healthy for most of his career.

At this point, though, he's becoming the best lineman on the team....with all due respect to Tuck, the dude can't stay on the field.

I just loved the way he explode on the Fish on their 2nd to last possession. The kid has a ton of raw talent and he seems to be getting better against the run every week.

1st Down -- M. Moore tackled by JPP for 0 yards

and then

2nd Down -- R. Bush dropped for 4 yard loss

The second down play was the big one IMO. One of the things that set Strahan apart was his ability to be a top tier player against both the pass and the run.

JPP shows signs of being able to do this too!!!

Yeah he's having a hell of a season.

The challenge is going to come though of seeing is he can repeat his success season in and out, deal with injuries plus obviously being game planned for.

And being able to deal with double-teams.

I see what Strahans Gap is saying, and although there'll never be another Strahan, I think if anyone could surpass gaptooth, itd be JPP. :flex:

I saw it after his rookie yr, which is why I went out and sought a JPP jersey before anyone had one.

C'mon bro. Chad Bratzke was the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!! The one guy who should have paid Strahan half of his salary once he scored that big payday with Indy...lol...while Strah was dp'ed and sometimes chipped by a back or TE...Bratzke was mano o mano with one guy.

My favorite part about the JPP pick now is knowing that the Eagles passed on him for Brandon Graham just a few picks earlier.

I did not know that... and I recall some people were up in arms when he was chosen by us... not me of course :)