SportsWrath

Plax has tossed a grenade in the room

echochamber

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/burress_takes_direct_aim_at_coughlin_0OcYacuejM7mQu1SoGXIgK

wow...... just, wow... normally I wouldn't let myself get drawn into something this dumb, but this is just assinine. i was always of the belief he got off easy considering he could easily have killed someone, and now I know I was right. dude should have gotten 10 minimum. TC was dead on what he said to Plax. this dude is still a fucking child.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/burress_takes_direct_aim_at_coughlin_0OcYacuejM7mQu1SoGXIgK

wow...... just, wow... normally I wouldn't let myself get drawn into something this dumb, but this is just assinine. i was always of the belief he got off easy considering he could easily have killed someone, and now I know I was right. dude should have gotten 10 minimum. TC was dead on what he said to Plax. this dude is still a fucking child.

I don't know Bro. TC's style of management has always irked me. I recall one of my subordinates needed the rest of the day off to take his son to the ER... the second I heard that I stopped him right there and then and told him to get the fuck out of of the office and go take care of his son... that was my payroll guy btw. The next day he shows up in the office in the morning.. head down.. scared because he was worried about the payroll.. which I ran anyway.. (I stayed in the office till 10 pm that night to make sure it was done.. didn't want to wait till the next day).. the first thing he wants to talk about was payroll.. I said "Shut up... how's your son"... when I got that his son was ok I said don't worry about the payroll I ran it... much to his shock. Never forget who people work for and never forget to take care of your team and show concern for them as human beings.

Plax is NOT a model citizen but he didn't murder anyone either. He's right in criticizing general Tom's style... he's right for feeling let down by his QB after he went to jail.. shame on Eli. And if he blasts the fans who taunted him while he was serving his jail sentence, he's right too.

“I was always (Eli's) biggest supporter, even days he wasn’t on, ’cause I could sense he didn’t have thick skin,” Burress said.

Um.... Plax, what the fuck are you talking about? Obviously dude is just making shit up... if there's any player in the league that has thick skin, its Eli.

“I was always (Eli's) biggest supporter, even days he wasn’t on, ’cause I could sense he didn’t have thick skin,” Burress said.

Um.... Plax, what the fuck are you talking about? Obviously dude is just making shit up... if there's any player in the league that has thick skin, its Eli.

So...he was doing a cheerleading routine when he was throwing up his hands on the field?

Can't believe some of you guys wanted to bring this asshole back onto the team.

So...he was doing a cheerleading routine when he was throwing up his hands on the field?

Can't believe some of you guys wanted to bring this asshole back onto the team.

I'm not saying he's 100% right but he sure has legitimate grievances.

Can anyone track on the logic of this line...

“After my situation happened, (set aside the self made bring an illegal gun to a public place and not know how to handle it for now) I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was ‘sad and disappointing,’ ” Burress said. “I’m like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, ‘I’m glad you didn’t kill anybody!’ Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn’t realize that we’re grown men and actually have kids of our own."

That last line......money = maturity......from the guy who again, brought a loaded weapon to go out drinking and didn't secure the weapon and blasted himself in the his own leg.

This is some backwards ass'd thinking.

C. Wagon

“After my situation happened, (set aside the self made bring an illegal gun to a public place and not know how to handle it for now) I turned on the TV, and the first words out his mouth was ‘sad and disappointing,’ ” Burress said. “I’m like, forget support — how about some concern? I did just have a bullet in my leg. And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, ‘I’m glad you didn’t kill anybody!’ Man, we’re paid too much to be treated like kids. He doesn’t realize that we’re grown men and actually have kids of our own."

That last line......money = maturity......from the guy who again, brought a loaded weapon to go out drinking and didn't secure the weapon and blasted himself in the his own leg.

C. Wagon

Exactly, no personal accountability... he still hasn't figured out that he's 100% wrong and he isn't owed anything from anybody, especially when his decisions negatively impacted the team. He's a me-first player, albeit a very physically gifted one, but he might never get over himself and be a real man.

look Tom Coughlin is not Mr warm and Fuzzy, he's not a real sentimentalist, nor does he have any sense of humor..........he's cursing like a long shoreman all game long

compare his demeanor to Lovie Smith

He is what he is, and I'm at peace with it..........finally

Our HC would be Spagnuolo if I owned the team.......I never would have let him or John Fox walk away.......or Sean Peyton for that matter

Hopefully Tom retires at season end with a Lombardi in his right hand held aloft.........Ala Dick Vermeil

It might kill you guys but I'd promote Gilbride........I see Gilbride as a potential Andy Reid clone.

look Tom Coughlin is not Mr warm and Fuzzy, he's not a real sentimentalist, nor does he have any sense of humor..........he's cursing like a long shoreman all game long

compare his demeanor to Lovie Smith

He is what he is, and I'm at peace with it..........finally

Our HC would be Spagnuolo if I owned the team.......I never would have let him or John Fox walk away.......or Sean Peyton for that matter

Hopefully Tom retires at season end with a Lombardi in his right hand held aloft.........Ala Dick Vermeil

It might kill you guys but I'd promote Gilbride........I see Gilbride as a potential Andy Reid clone.

So you're comfortable with a coach that chokes in the playoffs year after year? If that's what you mean, I agree with you on the Gilbride/Reid comparison. But I wouldn't promote him to HC.

EXACTLY what I 1st thought when reading that. Puhlease, give me a fuckin break Plax. :rolleyes:

And I have no problem with TCs comments. What Plax did was dumb. I thought his sentnece was a lil harsh, but he did something stupid and fucked up team chemistry by it. If you cant stand Tiki for what he said, you HAVE to hate Plax.

C. Wagon

Agree 100%.

Plaxico's reasoning: "....I brought a loaded gun into a crowded public place, and misfired it........and everybody reacted as if I had brought a loaded gun into a crowded public place and misfired it....."

Plaxico is the type of guy I almost feel sorry for, but then he says or does something to remind me what a stupid, selfish douchebag he really is.

So you're comfortable with a coach that chokes in the playoffs year after year? If that's what you mean, I agree with you on the Gilbride/Reid comparison. But I wouldn't promote him to HC.

No Jim.....I'm not entirely comfortable with Coughlin, he would not be my 1st choice, not my 99th

I actually lobbied for his hiring when Fassel had turned the team into a joke, but I was figuring he'd be around 3-4 yrs establish discipline, and then retire at his age

that did not happen

I'm at peace with the fact the Maras love him and he's unlikely to be shipped out unless he quits

If I thought all day about how we let Spags go I'd go crazy

I'm a Giants fan in good times and bad........sideways is how I'd describe the last few years since Spags left.

Now we appear snakebit, but you know what, we still have a shot at the title, so I'll take it

As for Gilbride, remember he reports to a guy who rules with an iron fist, and still does a pretty darn good job with handcuffs on. Who would you bring in if Coughy finally spits the bit? Gilbride would bring continuity, and he might just suprise you.....he would also keep Fewell in place IMHO and I like Perry.

No Jim.....I'm not entirely comfortable with Coughlin, he would not be my 1st choice, not my 99th

I actually lobbied for his hiring when Fassel had turned the team into a joke, but I was figuring he'd be around 3-4 yrs establish discipline, and then retire at his age

that did not happen

I'm at peace with the fact the Maras love him and he's unlikely to be shipped out unless he quits

If I thought all day about how we let Spags go I'd go crazy

I'm a Giants fan in good times and bad........sideways is how I'd describe the last few years since Spags left.

Now we appear snakebit, but you know what, we still have a shot at the title, so I'll take it

As for Gilbride, remember he reports to a guy who rules with an iron fist, and still does a pretty darn good job with handcuffs on. Who would you bring in if Coughy finally spits the bit? Gilbride would bring continuity, and he might just suprise you.....he would also keep Fewell in place IMHO and I like Perry.

I'm a fan of Bill Cowher. But with the way things are evolving in the NFL, an ingenuitive offensive-minded coach might be better as long as we kept Fewell. I love Sean Payton, despite the bad play call at the end last night. I don't think he's leaving New Orleans for awhile, though. I would even entertain the thought of Josh McDaniel as long as he had NOOOO authority in drafting players, lol. Actually that is crazy talk. Maybe McDaniel for OC.