SportsWrath

Plax has tossed a grenade in the room

echochamber

Honestly, I wish we had an offensive minded coach like a Sean Payton. A Head Coach who is so familiar with the offense that he actually CALLS THE PLAYS. Instead, Coughlin just shakes his head like a Negative Bobblehead when Gilbride is searching his mind for another boneheaded 3rd and 2 call......

That way, you're on the same page all across the board in upper management. You add offensive quality personnel but you don't have an actual offensive coordinator. It's so unnecessary anymore to have one guy who strictly calls plays and one that for all intents and purposes, contributes very little to gameday (the Head Coach). Make him responsible for either the offense or defense.

Honestly, I wish we had an offensive minded coach like a Sean Payton. A Head Coach who is so familiar with the offense that he actually CALLS THE PLAYS. Instead, Coughlin just shakes his head like a Negative Bobblehead when Gilbride is searching his mind for another boneheaded 3rd and 2 call......

That way, you're on the same page all across the board in upper management. You add offensive quality personnel but you don't have an actual offensive coordinator. It's so unnecessary anymore to have one guy who strictly calls plays and one that for all intents and purposes, contributes very little to gameday (the Head Coach). Make him responsible for either the offense or defense.

Storm- Why Don't you get a "Negative Nelly" T Shirt made and go to the Jets game sunday night :rolleyes:

Root for Plax

Wow so the people who swore up and down the board we needed him are back on the bandwagon to run him out of town again because you don't like what he said.

:rolleyes:

Didn't need him before he signed with the Jets, or after. He has a right to say what he wants and feel the way he does regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Shame on all of us for not sending get well Plax cards when he shot himself. :busted_cop:

Wow so the people who swore up and down the board we needed him are back on the bandwagon to run him out of town again because you don't like what he said.

Didn't need him before he signed with the Jets, or after. He has a right to say what he wants and feel the way he does regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Shame on all of us for not sending get well Plax cards when he shot himself. :busted_cop:

Tempest... I for one was hoping he grew up some and learned from his time in prison. Apparently, that is not the case. I recognize he's a great talent, and athletically, I believe he would still be a dangerous weapon and I did advocate for bringing him back at the time. Knowing where his head is at NOW, I wouldn't say the same thing. But there is a difference between recognizing what a player can give you on the football field and condemning behavior and his general attitude off the field.

Jim,

Can't fault you for hoping for the best of possible outcomes. I suffer from the same disease, hope. I don't have a problem with Plaxico because of what he said, or even of him carrying a gun into a night club and shooting himself in the leg. My problem with Plaxico has been the same since his first season and the history that followed him from Pittsburgh. Plaxico is all about him, always has and always will be. Bringing him back was not going to make this a better team.

Tempest... I for one was hoping he grew up some and learned from his time in prison. Apparently, that is not the case. I recognize he's a great talent, and athletically, I believe he would still be a dangerous weapon and I did advocate for bringing him back at the time. Knowing where his head is at NOW, I wouldn't say the same thing. But there is a difference between recognizing what a player can give you on the football field and condemning behavior and his general attitude off the field.

I wished him well and think most of what he said was right.. doesn't take away from his boneheadedness though. He's a Jet now.... and if I knew where to send the card or letter to I would have.

I said this a few weeks ago when I heard him on Rich eisen. The guy still gave plenty of vibe he learned nothing. The truth is, he really owed the Giants some consideration here. Tisch was in constant contact with him, a lot of his teamates went to visit him and stood by him. If he had any semblance of decency, the thing he should have done is given the Giants first crack at him and offer to redeem himself. Nah!. The guy is on another planet.

I'd like to point out I've said since he left that we should never bring him back. I feel that once these guys burn their bridges, don't build them one to bring them back.

I'm cool with him sheeting TC for not concerning about his well being and Eli not visiting. But when he said he get paid too much to talk down to. Now that's where I draw the freaking line. Clown dude carry a gun cuz smith got rob. Yeah I know. NYC isn't the safest place. But clown dude. It's your choice to carry a gun and shoot yourself. No ones fault even if it was an accident.

He was never a good team mate nor a role model which I dont expect him to be. But don't try to get pity love outta what you screw up for your own self. Clown. Man the hell up

I'm cool with him sheeting TC for not concerning about his well being and Eli not visiting. But when he said he get paid too much to talk down to. Now that's where I draw the freaking line. Clown dude carry a gun cuz smith got rob. Yeah I know. NYC isn't the safest place. But clown dude. It's your choice to carry a gun and shoot yourself. No ones fault even if it was an accident.

He was never a good team mate nor a role model which I dont expect him to be. But don't try to get pity love outta what you screw up for your own self. Clown. Man the hell up

NYC is the safest large city in the states... Atlanta is the worst... and only a few blocks from downtown ATL is THE WORST neighborhood in the worst city... I only found myself walking there.. alone around midnight.. walking back to my 5 start hotel in downtown near the CNN HQ... a cab driver made a u turn and came back to me and yelled at me.. basically saying wtf was a "white boy" walking around in that area lol... to be fair I didn't know I was in a terrible area... only a few block from downtown...

as I recall a few weeks before the incident some NFL players had been held up at gun point including our Steve Smith who was kidnapped at gunpoint in Clifton and robbed.......cut Plax a little slack.....he was carrying a gun for protection, not to shoot someone

ok a holster would have been a good idea.....I didnt say he was a brain surgeon

when I was in my mid twenties I myself was held up at gunpoint in Montclair NJ in "the wrong neighborhood"

just walking down the sidewalk minding my own business

Let me tell you its not an experience I care to repeat......handed over my wallet and kept walking, praying he would not shoot me