SportsWrath

Sinorice Moss Is No Longer A Giant

Mr. P

The Giants have waived WR Sinorice Moss from the IR list, which means he's gotten an injury settlement.

The #NYG signed both C Adam Koets and LS Zak DeOssie to two year contract extensions on Saturday. Both are signed through 2012 now.

C Adam Koets was officially placed on injured reserve, and OL Kevin Boothe was officially activated off PUP.

http://twitter.com/TheBlueScreen

Giants Sign Zak DeOssie, Adam Koets To Contract Extensions

Zak DeOssie admitted this summer that, while he would thoroughly prefer being a linebacker in the NFL, long snapping pays the bills.

And now, it pays more.

The fourth-year veteran signed a two-year extension over the weekend that puts him under contract through the 2012 season. Also signing a two-year deal was offensive lineman Adam Koets, who tore his ACL one day after signing the deal. Both players were scheduled to be unrestricted free agents at the end of the season.

Someone who reviewed the numbers of both contracts said DeOssie's new contract is technically a three-year deal that includes an increased salary for this season. The deal is worth a total of $3.3 million and includes a signing bonus of $542,000. The $1.1-million average ties DeOssie for fourth among long snappers.

Koets' deal is also a three-year contract worth $3 million. He received a signing bonus of $360,000.

In addition to the contract extensions, the Giants announced a few other transactions. OL Kevin Boothe was officially activated off the physically unable to perform list and Koets was placed on IR.

Meanwhile, wide receiver Sinorice Moss was waived off injured reserve, thus ending a disappointing Giants career that began when the team selected him in the second round of the 2006 Draft.

Moss leaves the Giants having played in only 37 regular-season games over four-plus seasons with the team. He caught just 39 passes for 421 yards and three touchdowns.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/11/giants_sign_zak_deossie_adam_k.html

Did anyone see the agreement? Was there a clause about exchanging "photographic media?"

Like the Germans did with the Japanese in handing over nuclear materials to carry on the fight against the Allies....so did Moss=Loss hand over the damning pics of Reese and Mara banging Coughlin's ass purple to none other than Tynes.

But this is truly addition by subtraction. :clap:

I love how you guys always want to throw players under the bus who got practically no playing time to prove themselves........then you praise losers like Pierce who dragged us down for eons :rolleyes:

In four years he never got a chance? Hixon, Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden all came in after him, all but Nicks were drafted at the same round or in a lower round than him, and all of them ended up higher on the depth chart. Hell, Cruz beat him out THIS year, and he was an UFA; Hixon we picked up on waivers. There's been a couple of seasons where Gilbride said the job was his to lose, and he lost it!

He wasn't particularly good as a WR, terrible on specials. He was brought in to eventually take over for Amani, and couldn't do that. He couldn't stay healthy, and he was part of the reason we had to draft so many WRs so high in later drafts in the first place.

How in the world did he not get a chance? Better still, who would you have cut playing time for so Moss could "prove himself" out of Burress/Toomer/Smith? I won't bother with 2006, because he had that injured quad that entire season.

In four years he never got a chance? Hixon, Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden all came in after him, all but Nicks were drafted at the same round or in a lower round than him, and all of them ended up higher on the depth chart. Hell, Cruz beat him out THIS year, and he was an UFA; Hixon we picked up on waivers. There's been a couple of seasons where Gilbride said the job was his to lose, and he lost it!

He wasn't particularly good as a WR, terrible on specials. He was brought in to eventually take over for Amani, and couldn't do that. He couldn't stay healthy, and he was part of the reason we had to draft so many WRs so high in later drafts in the first place.

How in the world did he not get a chance? Better still, who would you have cut playing time for so Moss could "prove himself" out of Burress/Toomer/Smith? I won't bother with 2006, because he had that injured quad that entire season.

well done my friend, well done.... :thumbs:

Not only would I throw him under the bus....I would drop him in the middle of a stormy sea....that is how much he sucked. They gave him four years...when most teams at most would have given him 2-3 years and then booted him out. Absolutely no return on the investment.

I don't think you can pile too much hate on the management for going after him. If I was to list first round busts (especially WR's), it would take me all day and would take up dozens of pages. Even reviewing the number one picks overall throughout the years would show a lot of busts. Thankfully, the Giants weren't on the hook for tens of millions like some teams are once they figure out their man just doesn't have game.

The draft is a crapshoot. But no one will ever say the Giants didn't give him every possible chance to be a player in the NFL. The onus is on his own shoulders, not the Giants.

I love how you guys always want to throw players under the bus who got practically no playing time to prove themselves........then you praise losers like Pierce who dragged us down for eons :rolleyes:

Yeah Pierce dragged us down all the way to a superbowl win in 2007. I find it amazing that you find a way to type with your head so firmly planted up your own ass.

I don't think you can pile too much hate on the management for going after him. If I was to list first round busts (especially WR's), it would take me all day and would take up dozens of pages. Even reviewing the number one picks overall throughout the years would show a lot of busts. Thankfully, the Giants weren't on the hook for tens of millions like some teams are once they figure out their man just doesn't have game.

The draft is a crapshoot. But no one will ever say the Giants didn't give him every possible chance to be a player in the NFL. The onus is on his own shoulders, not the Giants.

Agreed, and I'm sure you know this, but Moss was a 2nd rounder...makes him being a bust a lot more easier to swallow...