SportsWrath

Giants Ravens

so-cal dub

it worked! Thanks!

Yeah have fun watching , but I tell you it is an awful outing for us all around . only 2 bright spot s Webster with and INT that let to 3 points (only points so far) and the DL has 4 sacks (Tuck with 2) oh and Jacobs had a couple nice runs as well as Bradshaw

So Justin TV just went dead, and I've seen about 3 minutes. What I saw, I didn't like. Is this worth trying to catch on rerun?

I am recording it so I can watch it tomorrow so I can put a better eye on the game play

So did we really play last night? Not just did I manage to miss the game (thanks to last minute errands for my overseas trip later today), I can't even find news about it on ESPN.com nor NFL.com? so... wtf? Did Eli start? what happened?

I wasn't able to watch so here is what I gleaned from the boxscore and reading from Garafalo and ESPN.com.

OFFENSE

The Ravens were all over our RBs tonight save one 29 yard run by Jacobs.

Eli did not play well.

Beatty was disappointing at tackle.

Cruz had a nice bounce back game... probably solidified his roster spot, no? (Although I did see he caught only 4 balls out of 9 targets... were some of those targets totally uncatchable?)

Seubert did decent in O'Hara's place.

DEFENSE

Tuck had his second straight dominating performance.

Rocky Bernard had 2 sacks... making a strong case for himself.

Linval Joseph had a sack. How was he against the run?

Flacco was very efficient against our pass defense. My one worry about this time is cornerback after Webby, Thomas, and Ross. Mike G made it seem like Courtney Brown in particular was absolutely abused by Anquan Boldin. We are going to have a very tough time against three WR sets this season if Reese doesn't find another corner that can ball out there, which is probably very unrealistic at this point.

Mike G said the DE's overall got good pressure. Wouldn't know it from Flacco's numbers.

Boley and Goff were out there in the nickel, with Bulluck, Boley and Goff in the base defense to start. Any thoughts on the linebacker play, particularly out of Goff, Bulluck, and Sintim?

No mention of Kenny Phillips really anywhere. He was supposed to get a lot of playing time tonight, no? Any thoughts on his play?

SPECIAL TEAMS

Dodge had a pretty good game, says Mike G. Really had some nice distance punts and another one that should've been downed inside the 10.

We have problems in the return game... neither punt returns or kick returns were especially good, although it looks like Manningham at least did alright in the punt returns.

Andrews is doing real well

Andrews for me was the biggest bright spot of the night. i know he only ran against the 2s and 3s but he totally out classed them. If this kid can get over some of his health issues he will prove to be a steal.

I wasn't able to watch so here is what I gleaned from the boxscore and reading from Garafalo and ESPN.com.

OFFENSE

Eli did not play well.

Cruz had a nice bounce back game... probably solidified his roster spot, no? (Although I did see he caught only 4 balls out of 9 targets... were some of those targets totally uncatchable?)

DEFENSE

Flacco was very efficient against our pass defense. My one worry about this time is cornerback after Webby, Thomas, and Ross. Mike G made it seem like Courtney Brown in particular was absolutely abused by Anquan Boldin. We are going to have a very tough time against three WR sets this season if Reese doesn't find another corner that can ball out there, which is probably very unrealistic at this point.

Mike G said the DE's overall got good pressure. Wouldn't know it from Flacco's numbers.

Boley and Goff were out there in the nickel, with Bulluck, Boley and Goff in the base defense to start. Any thoughts on the linebacker play, particularly out of Goff, Bulluck, and Sintim?

No mention of Kenny Phillips really anywhere. He was supposed to get a lot of playing time tonight, no? Any thoughts on his play?

SPECIAL TEAMS

Dodge had a pretty good game, says Mike G. Really had some nice distance punts and another one that should've been downed inside the 10.

We have problems in the return game... neither punt returns or kick returns were especially good, although it looks like Manningham at least did alright in the punt returns.

Thats pretty spot on from what i saw. I had to catch it on the link that Lug gave Seph, so I only saw the 1st 3 quarters, and not even all of that cause the feed went down occasionally. The LB were horrible, any WR open in the middle of the field got a 1st down, easily. Webby was great, as was Tuck. The Dline overall looked OK, but Tuck especially dominated. Andrews did well on the Oline as did Seubert, but I thought Beatty struggled a little. The RB's did OK, especially Ahmad. But our overall playcalling stunk, Eli was off and dont remember seeing much from our TE's. Its only preseason, but I had a feeling of overall dissapointment. <_<

OFFENSE

Eli did not play well.

DEFENSE

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Ravens didn't have many rush attempts, when they did run it we stuffed it pretty good, they looked good throwing it, but TT and Ross did not play so they picked on the other side of Webster for the most part, it was nice to see a pass rush the past two weeks especially up the middle, and I think Tuck is my pick for DPOY

I only caught bits and pieces of the game at a restaurant and on the radio in the car.

Looking for bright spots, but couldn't find any. Perhaps Tuck as he seemed on top of his game. It appeared we have no answer for a pass catching tight end, which scares me because I recall the Cowboys destroying us one time by simply throwing the ball to Jason Witten over and over and over because no one could cover him.

I thought Bomer seemed pretty poised after getting the snot smacked out of him a few times. Not nearly as skittish as David Carr used to get after having his head slapped around.

Overall....not much positive. But I agree that this is only preseason and the Giants are hiding their playbook real well by basically doing nothing special. Hopefully.....that is a strategic decision (show them nothing) and not indicative of our season's playbook (show them every trick we have).

It's preseason - shouldn't get too excited one way or the other. Although I do like Cruz a lot, so preseason might separate the tares from the wheat.

Kevin Gilbride should get punched in the nose every time he calls a wide receiver screen. And kicked in the balls every time he calls a screen on 3rd and mid range.

Did you see the one where everyone including the Ravens' cheerleaders were waiting for the Giants receiver on one Third and mid range. :laugh::jerkoff: