SportsWrath

Brandon Marshall for a #1?

fringe

I'd do it in a heart beat. No way you're guaranteed that kind of talent in the draft.

And he's only 25. Seattle will give the #14 maybe. We can throw in our #15 and sweeten the pot.

Do it, Reesey!

I'd do it in a heart beat. No way you're guaranteed that kind of talent in the draft.

And he's only 25. Seattle will give the #14 maybe. We can throw in our #15 and sweeten the pot.

Do it, Reesey!

I'd rather spend the first on McClain, we already shown that we can put up points on people with the WRs we have and a mediocre running game. The problem wasnt that our WRs wernt making plays it was that our D couldnt stop anyone, cant win games when your D is given up 30+ points.

I'd rather spend the first on McClain, we already shown that we can put up points on people with the WRs we have and a mediocre running game. The problem wasnt that our WRs wernt making plays it was that our D couldnt stop anyone, cant win games when your D is given up 30+ points.

you can if your offense scores 40! th_freaked.gif

you can if your offense scores 40! th_freaked.gif

Yah, the Saints just won a Super Bowl that way....not that their defense sucked....

I'd love to see Marshall in a Giants jersey.....I don't think it'd happen, but one can hope.

Do it, Reesey!

I would love to have Brandon Marshall in a Giants uni...I would give them 2 seconder for him thought.

Eh, I think I'd rather go to work with Smith and Nicks. They might not have Marshall's raw talent, but they're solid guys who will put the work in and keep improving (I hope).

For many years the Giants had adequate (at best) receivers. Mostly to match our barely adequate QB's. Toomer was a big upgrade over status quo.

Then, Burress came along and I saw how having that stud guy opens up the whole offense even if he doesn't catch a pass.

If we put Marshall out there, it will instantly make the OL better, the running game better, and the QB better. Manning would win MVP. The Defense will take a while to fix and this is an offensive league right now.

This is a move that will pay off immediately.

Well of course you would. After watching last season, clearly we have no wide receivers and we need Brandon Marshall to win more than eight games next season.

:rolleyes:

Do it, Reesey!

For many years the Giants had adequate (at best) receivers. Mostly to match our barely adequate QB's. Toomer was a big upgrade over status quo.

Then, Burress came along and I saw how having that stud guy opens up the whole offense even if he doesn't catch a pass.

If we put Marshall out there, it will instantly make the OL better, the running game better, and the QB better. Manning would win MVP. The Defense will take a while to fix and this is an offensive league right now.

the dog agrees that marshall is a talent, but considering he has not had one year in the league where there wasn't some issue he was involved in, there is a risk...

There is absolutely a risk with Brandon Marshall.....but it may be one thats worth taking. He was happy when Denver was winning. And TC is not a young unproven head coach like Josh Daniels, he can handle him. I would be happy either way, I would love to add Marshall, it would make our O high powered by just adding him. The run game suffered last yr. but its there granted everyones healthy. We have alot young receivers that looked good too, so our offense would be SICK with him. And our D aint as bad as alot think. Injuries and a bad DC really killed us.

But if we went the route of drafting someone like McClain after we already got Sintim, and we just added Rolle to our secondary, as long as our Dline stays healthy, thats a pretty young, athletic Defense there. Theyre gonna be awesome. And I personally think our WR's are pretty damn good. Nicks is gonna be a star, I fully believe it.

the dog agrees that marshall is a talent, but considering he has not had one year in the league where there wasn't some issue he was involved in, there is a risk...

If you havent noticed this boards activity goes down with the Giants season is over and alot of posters only visit every so often, myself included. Does that make me a fair weather fan? No. But when there is nothing to talk about Giant's related there is not much happening on here, with free agency and the draft coming up there is reason to be active on here again outside of the occasional browsing.

Come on Dog, I know you and BB01 hound each other non-stop but even I dont question his fan hood. Hell I'm a Canadian with no ties to the New York area yet I've been a fan of the Giants since the 90s and I'll never root for another NFL team as I do the Giants.

Well, one difference between Burress and Marshall is that Burress is (was) one of the best blocking WRs in the league. Honestly, I haven't watched enough of the Broncos to have a fair opinion of Marshall's blocking...but given his general attitude, I'd guess he isn't exactly near the top of the league in that respect. (Not that Burress's attitude was great, but he was the rare me-first WR that relished blocking.)

And another year improvement for Smith and Nicks will also make the OL appear better, open up the running game, and make the QB appear better. And they do it without the risk of Brandon Marshall, who has had maybe one incident-free season so far.

And I really don't want to stunt Nicks' development either. I think he's a special player.

Damn Blu... :thumbs:

While you make a great argument, I would be very pissed if the cowboys sign him... Which is more of a reason for us to go after him.

Well, one difference between Burress and Marshall is that Burress is (was) one of the best blocking WRs in the league. Honestly, I haven't watched enough of the Broncos to have a fair opinion of Marshall's blocking...but given his general attitude, I'd guess he isn't exactly near the top of the league in that respect. (Not that Burress's attitude was great, but he was the rare me-first WR that relished blocking.)

And another year improvement for Smith and Nicks will also make the OL appear better, open up the running game, and make the QB appear better. And they do it without the risk of Brandon Marshall, who has had maybe one incident-free season so far.

And I really don't want to stunt Nicks' development either. I think he's a special player.

oh, i thought we were talking about winning. no defensive coordinator loses sleep worrying about how to stop any of the giants skill players. it's a credit to eli that he's done so much with so little. he deserves better. he deserves a deep threat.

easy peesey let's do this reesey

Ok you got me thinkin... :confused:

oh, i thought we were talking about winning. no defensive coordinator loses sleep worrying about how to stop any of the giants skill players. it's a credit to eli that he's done so much with so little. he deserves better. he deserves a deep threat.

easy peesey let's do this reesey

Yeah because they coudlnt.

Besides with the defense we fielded last year I guarantee you they were thinking "who cares if we dont stop them, because the Giants cant stop anyone" They knew eventually Eli would throw an arrant pass or Jacobs would tip toe for a 3 yard loss and then their offense would get it back and we would never be able to recover. Once again we put up plenty of points to win games just that fact that we could never stop the opponent from scoring.

Heres the funny thing, in 2007 we made it to the SB while only scoring 44 TD's in the regular season...guess how many we scored in 2009? 46. http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/statistics?season=2009&team=NYG&seasonType= We actually scored more points without Burress then we did with him.

Guess how many TD we gave up in 2007? 41. We gave up 54 in 2009. Offense isnt the reason why we didnt make the playoffs...in fact it's the only reason we went 8-8.

defense won't be fixed this year, blue in ca- we still need to score a lot. and stats are misleading-

first of all we got in by the skin of our teeth in 2007 so don't point to that as a benchmark formula.

secondly, how many of those TD's last year were against good teams in meaningful games?

Although as great as having Marshall maybe, I think we're set at WR

Ok, I need Jim, Fish, and Bleedin to chime in :05-mafia:

Marshall is a special talent. No doubt there. However, bringing him in would make waves in the locker room, I think. There is no way you can keep Marshall, Nicks, and Smith all happy. One would be moved to the slot... and it would probably be Nicks. But it should be Smith, based on skillset. Smith would undoubtedly object after the season he had. But Nicks' talent demands he play on the outside, every down. And all three would need to catch a lot of balls to stay happy. Marshall is too combustible to be a fit unless someone else goes. And I would not want to bring in his personality to the lockerroom and lose a player that has been a good soldier like Nicks or Smith. It could be argued that all three could co-exist, but I think that would be a ticking time bomb.

Don't forget Barden, who is the player the Giants hope becomes a Brandon Marshall type.

The thought of him in Giants blue does make me drool... but logistically I don't think it's worth it.

Nicks has the skillset to allow us to forget Plaxico. Let him develop, and focus on defense.

But even if I was in favor of this, I would not part with a 1st rounder. Baltimore just got Boldin for a 3 and 4. He is way too much of a problem child to spend the #15 pick on him.

It's a nice dream, but one better dreamt than actually becoming a reality.