SportsWrath

Brandon Marshall for a #1?

fringe

Funny that looks like every team that faced us this year.

Hey the Eagles destroyed us too so I say we trade our #1 for Hank Baskett.

baskett would be interesting just to have his wife at the games - but nah, still marshall.

Who's to say a rookie LB will pan out? LT comes around once in a lifetime. People are jumping up and down to get a LB with the first pick on a position that may take years to develop.....or not. Marshall commands double teams, if not more so than Plax did, and we all know what the Giants were like with Plax.

Marshall's not going to wear Blue, ever, but the argument for his services is certainly valid.

9/11 was an inside job. Wake up. Or be a good lil sheep and listen to what CNN, FOX, ABC, and all the other media outlets tell you.. That all happen to be run by the same people.

Government couldn't even get Cash for Clunkers correct, they fuck up people's taxes every year, they can't agree to disagree.

Your a fucking idiot.

Funny that looks like every team that faced us this year.

Hey the Eagles destroyed us too so I say we trade our #1 for Hank Baskett.

Sure Marshall is good.....but when Kyle Orton - on a bad leg - looks like the 2nd coming of John Elway, I'm willing to say this clip proves just how shabby our defense was in 2009.

Sure Marshall is good.....but when Kyle Orton - on a bad leg - looks like the 2nd coming of John Elway, I'm willing to say this clip proves just how shabby our defense was in 2009.

is there any giants fan left in the world that needs more proof of that?

Actually most of that clip shows how good Marshall really is. Number 2 and 3 of those catches were un-defendable.

Well of course you would. After watching last season, clearly we have no wide receivers and we need Brandon Marshall to win more than eight games next season.

:rolleyes:

Agreed WR is undoubtedly our weakest position.......we need to have the #1, #2, #3, and #4 NFL best receivers to compete.......why cant management see that LBer is not a high priority.....thats obvious

We need a stud WR BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:confused::05-mafia::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm just a little confused about how Brandon is going to fix our O-line issues......has he beefed up a bit over the off season?

I dont even understand this thread at all. Im pumped for our offense this season with the WR's we have. Smith had one of the best year's for a Giants WR ever. Nicks was the best Giants rook WR ever, even after missing a couple games, and didnt get a starting spot till way into the season. Manningham has a huge amount of talent, he just has to work out a few kinks. He will be a amazing 3rd WR this year. And our GM said Bardon was going to see alot more time this year, and that kid is a beast. Eli had his best season statisticaly. If we do anything with the offense, we need to add a linemen or 2.

If our defense even played average last year we might have went all the way. We at least would have won a couple playoff games.

I guess the theory here is outscore people like New Orleans did

I don't think we can do that. Eli is a good game manager, but he cannot light up the scoreboard like Drew Brees can. He needs max protection as he is not nimble at all.

He's just not that kind of QB

He'll have his 35 point games.....but he cannot do that consistently. Brees can average 35 points every game.....it does not matter who hes throwing to.

For us to win another trophy we need to build a dominant defense, or trade for Drew Brees :ermm:

also what is wrong with drafting LBers? LT was a draft choice, Van Pelt also, Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Gary Reasons, Harry Carson too.....need I go on. I said last year we should have traded up for one of USC's LBers.....in retrospect that would have been pure genius.

Yes we would have lost out on Nicks but right now I'd take that for Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews

Does Reese have a problem with white players....not accusing, just noticing. I like Reese but he definitely layed an egg last year.

LBers can control a game like no one else....think of LT, Urlacher, Pomalanu, Butkus........only DE's can have the same impact of a great LBer

They are like guided missles when they are good

I guess the theory here is outscore people like New Orleans did

I don't think we can do that. Eli is a good game manager, but he cannot light up the scoreboard like Drew Brees can. He needs max protection as he is not nimble at all.

He's just not that kind of QB

He'll have his 35 point games.....but he cannot do that consistently. Brees can average 35 points every game.....it does not matter who hes throwing to.

Add a deep threat like Marshall to the arsenal he has now and Eli is MVP of the league. Not only that, Jacobs/ Bradshaw would have a year like Jacobs/ Ward did in '08.

And how does Marshall fix the O-Line? by giving them less guys to block. addition by subtraction.

And no one said we shouldn't draft LB's- of the guys you mentioned, how many were 1st round besides LT?

Add a deep threat like Marshall to the arsenal he has now and Eli is MVP of the league. Not only that, Jacobs/ Bradshaw would have a year like Jacobs/ Ward did in '08.

And how does Marshall fix the O-Line? by giving them less guys to block. addition by subtraction.

And no one said we shouldn't draft LB's- of the guys you mentioned, how many were 1st round besides LT?

Marshall caught 101 balls last year for 11yds per catch

he's a tight end type at 6ft 4....230

I'm not sure this would put Eli in the HOF

this is a reach..........I dont think he'd add immeasurably to our success........he would help

I think a major issue here is the fact that even with Antonio Pierce, our vaunted leader and field general yes, but merely a serviceable middle line backer in my opinion, we constantly got torched by teams smaller, and faster pass catching running backs and tight ends like Jason Witten and Brent Celek to name just a few....we need to get younger, faster, and more athletic and that position....we do have Ramses Barden and we really haven't yet quite seen what he can do...I'm especially hoping he can do something to ease our red zone woes....that and actually utilizing Kevin Boss who is a pretty damn good tight end.

i don't think boss is that good- average receiver, average blocker.

Okay...I just think he's under-utilized...do you see it more a product of him not being good enough at getting open?

Okay...I just think he's under-utilized...do you see it more a product of him not being good enough at getting open?

his routes don't seem too crisp. again, if we had a deep threat, the middle would be more open for him. as it stands now we have 4 receivers who specialize in 10 yard curls (that's an exaggeration, but you get my drift).

his routes don't seem too crisp. again, if we had a deep threat, the middle would be more open for him. as it stands now we have 4 receivers who specialize in 10 yard curls (that's an exaggeration, but you get my drift).

I don't see a guy who avgs 11 yds per catch being a deep threat

I assume you mean deep threat as someone who is fast and sneaky enough to get behind the D

like a DeSean Jackson

The Giants don't throw deep balls enough.....they would rather throw a 10 yd pass to Nicks or Manningham and let them add on 50 yds.....this strategy keeps Eli safer, and less pressure on the O-line

what Plaxico brought to the table was the ability to catch Eli's wild axx passes....Eli is more accurate now

I think a major issue here is the fact that even with Antonio Pierce, our vaunted leader and field general yes, but merely a serviceable middle line backer in my opinion, we constantly got torched by teams smaller, and faster pass catching running backs and tight ends like Jason Witten and Brent Celek to name just a few....we need to get younger, faster, and more athletic and that position....we do have Ramses Barden and we really haven't yet quite seen what he can do...I'm especially hoping he can do something to ease our red zone woes....that and actually utilizing Kevin Boss who is a pretty damn good tight end.

Barden will play in 2010. That's just another reason why we're set at WR.

I don't see a guy who avgs 11 yds per catch being a deep threat

what Plaxico brought to the table was the ability to catch Eli's wild axx passes....Eli is more accurate now

whoever they can bring in that warrants double coverage, jack is fine with me. don't get all caught up in the stats minutia. but in marshall's defense, kyle orton is not exactly john elway.

tight end type? jack if you want to look at body measurements as a decider of position, you should've been a baseball scout in the 60's. maybe you were. confused.gif

I'm late to this conversation seeing that I couldn't believe the title the first 50 times I saw it.

But why on earth would we blow our 1st round on another WR? There is nothing wrong with our recievers - in fact, they are young and have huge upsides. Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, Barden, etc. This is a young, very solid group of guys who have their best years ahead of them.

The Giants have holes - especially in the defensive backfield, but the last thing we need is to pick up another reciever and let one of our up and coming guys go. I am dying to see Barden break out and become a stud. That is only a matter of time.

I'm late to this conversation seeing that I couldn't believe the title the first 50 times I saw it.

But why on earth would we blow our 1st round on another WR?

it's all explained in the thread. take some time and read it.

But why on earth would we blow our 1st round on another WR? There is nothing wrong with our recievers - in fact, they are young and have huge upsides. Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Hixon, Barden, etc. This is a young, very solid group of guys who have their best years ahead of them.

The Giants have holes - especially in the defensive backfield, but the last thing we need is to pick up another reciever and let one of our up and coming guys go. I am dying to see Barden break out and become a stud. That is only a matter of time.

Man what Nicks showed in half a season was great. I don't wanna get my hopes up but we have a very good team who badly underachieved last year.... and it was only the Defense that underachieved... Remember Sheridan is out.. and we have a DC who will turn this around... Ross Webster Rolle and Phillips... Sintim Boley and a stud first rounder that we even trade up to get... Our D-line is set too... I can see the Giants drafting a DE in the 2nd or 3rd round... I don't think you can find another Strahan, the dude was special as was fucking Tiki for that matter, but never say never.

PS: where's XXI?