SportsWrath

It hurts me to say this, but I am no longer a Giants fan

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

They didn't quit. The offense had a bad game. The defense...well, they had 40+pt games 3 times before yesterday: what makes you guys think they quit this time instead of the other 3 occasions? Honestly, I think our D effectively shut themselves down after New Orleans/Philly. Whether they "quit" or simply lost confidence and never regained it, I don't know.

We need a real DC, and a higher standard at LB. The mediocrities we have at LB are killing us against both the run game and passing game. This has been true going back to Tim Lewis--the only difference was that Spags knew how to hide it because of his past with the equally mediocre Philly LBs. But even with him, a TE or RB coming out of the backfield would kill us.

We can't rely on them to cover, and they can't blitz. Apparently, they can't cover for the DTs, because they can't shed blockers. Obviously, they can't cover for the safeties.

So when we had injuries at both safety and DT, we were destined to be a mediocre defense. The problem was that Sheridan did not scheme to our strengths, which were still DE and corners. So we are where we are.

But quit being a fan? Fuck, it's not like you're big hope for the future is coach John McVay.

I call it the Pat Riley Progression....after a while the team just tunes out the rah-rah....kick him upstairs make him an ass't General Manager give him some real work...but the same thing happened in Jacksonville.

maybe we should buy him a fax machine. coughlin's crime was not realizing that the rest of the league had caught up with the giants (and passed them). that easy schedule cursed us because we believed it was status quo. if we had lost to some teams early (as in '07) he would've been able to make changes perhaps. here, it wasn't until 9 games into the season that the realization came that this team is fatally flawed.

i'd welcome him back if he has the energy for another turnaround. with a great QB like ELI, it can be done.

They didn't quit. The offense had a bad game. The defense...well, they had 40+pt games 3 times before yesterday: what makes you guys think they quit this time instead of the other 3 occasions? Honestly, I think our D effectively shut themselves down after New Orleans/Philly. Whether they "quit" or simply lost confidence and never regained it, I don't know.

We need a real DC, and a higher standard at LB. The mediocrities we have at LB are killing us against both the run game and passing game. This has been true going back to Tim Lewis--the only difference was that Spags knew how to hide it because of his past with the equally mediocre Philly LBs. But even with him, a TE or RB coming out of the backfield would kill us.

We can't rely on them to cover, and they can't blitz. Apparently, they can't cover for the DTs, because they can't shed blockers. Obviously, they can't cover for the safeties.

So when we had injuries at both safety and DT, we were destined to be a mediocre defense. The problem was that Sheridan did not scheme to our strengths, which were still DE and corners. So we are where we are.

But quit being a fan? Fuck, it's not like you're big hope for the future is coach John McVay.

Well, we did have Kawika Mitchell during the Super Bowl season and Antonio Pierce was a better player then than he is now. But yes, the linebacker position is maybe the biggest problems on this team.

Sorry the Giants can't fleece the taxpayers out of a billion dollars to build a new stadium, then spend the savings on free agent contracts that nobody else can match- football doesn't work that way. Man up, wussy, and good riddance. The Cowboys are still alive- you'll fit right into their fan base.

I think the Cowboys more or less created a solid team---on both sides of the ball---from the ground up, through the draft. What big contracts do you speak of?

Fact is, this year, the Cowboys were similarly coached (Wade Phillips is pretty awful), but their players wanted to play for their coaches and the coaches play to the players strengths. Our players were asked to go outside their skill sets and we just didn't have the personnel to do it. A lot of it had to do with injuries and a lot of it had to do with players whose weaknesses were covered by Spags scheme...and a lot of it had to do with players who just aren't that good being forced to play all season.

Well, we did have Kawika Mitchell during the Super Bowl season and Antonio Pierce was a better player then than he is now. But yes, the linebacker position is maybe the biggest problems on this team.

You're right, Kawika was probably the ingredient that put us over the top. And even then, that crew was by no means a great LB group--not when you have Kiwi and Torbor on the other side.

But before and after 2007, our LBs were pretty much terrible. And it showed on third down.

Id be fine if the team just stunk and went 1-15. I remained a fan during the Perkins, Handley, Reeves, Fassell era and there were some really bad Giants teams under those regimes. But at least those teams werent a complete disgrace like the 2009 Giants are. Like I said, when all the coaches and players from this 2009 team are gone, I will root for the Giants again. Until then, I need to find a new team to follow.

Sorry the Giants can't fleece the taxpayers out of a billion dollars to build a new stadium, then spend the savings on free agent contracts that nobody else can match- football doesn't work that way. Man up, wussy, and good riddance. The Cowboys are still alive- you'll fit right into their fan base.

Get a mirror Mickeef, you posted a similar rant yourself remember?

The Red Sox NEVER "buy" high priced free agents.

Id be fine if the team just stunk and went 1-15. I remained a fan during the Perkins, Handley, Reeves, Fassell era and there were some really bad Giants teams under those regimes. But at least those teams werent a complete disgrace like the 2009 Giants are. Like I said, when all the coaches and players from this 2009 team are gone, I will root for the Giants again. Until then, I need to find a new team to follow.

This team is 2 years away from giving us the best win of maybe of all the superbowls. Check it, it's mainly the same guys except at wideout. They should be ashamed of the way they played yesterday, but absolutely not as Giants. The problem with this team now is that we are finding out the hard way that some guys don't cut it anymore and that our defensive coordinator is overmatched. This happens everyone. It's happened the Eagles a few years ago, it happened Dallas. Last year the Titans were 15-1 or something like that, this year they get crushed by the Pats and will be 8-8. Panthers were good last year and sucked this year (cept for yesterday dammit). This team can turn it around again and maybe this is the best thing that could have happened us. I think there's changes to me made and I'll discuss them later, but I see guys like Nicks, Smith, Bradshaw, Boss and even guys like Beatty and I think we're not far off. Plus Eli was way more consistant this year. If you want to jump ship, go ahead, but I'm telling you right now we'll be back in the mix next year.

You mean you didn't wait till after the Hedgecock penalty.

haha, I just crack myself up sometimes.

yeah if I had a last name as common as Smith I would add something to it to differentiate me from the other 100 million or so...lol.

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. Team plays an awful game in a season where they probably were not getting anything more than 1 playoff game and your jumping ship? This is the reason so many Nyers in their late 30's and 40's are Cowboy fans, they pussed out in the 70's when times were lean, you want to do this after 1 game?

Anyway the cupboard is not bare and all is not lost. I think booyah hit the nail on the head in his assesment and its clear that Sheridan was not cut out for this job, nor did his players buy into anything he was doing. We could see that in week 6.

With some guys returning to health(Philips), some roster tweaking and a solid draft no reason to think that this team will not compete as they have the past 5 years in 2010. They have a franchise QB who put up numbers that many said he never could playing in NY and the northeast. They have some good young Wr's, something that 6 months ago everyone thought would be the death of them. The core of a championship team and 12 win regular season team is pretty much in tact.

I think back to 1988 when the Giants 2 years removed from a Super Bowl missed out on the playoffs by losing at home to a pathetic Jet team. They addressed some needs in the draft that year and got a bit younger in some spots that crept up on them age wise. I see no reason that this team cannot do the same and still compete. Like I said the cupboards hardly bare.

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. Team plays an awful game in a season where they probably were not getting anything more than 1 playoff game and your jumping ship? This is the reason so many Nyers in their late 30's and 40's are Cowboy fans, they pussed out in the 70's when times were lean, you want to do this after 1 game?

Anyway the cupboard is not bare and all is not lost. I think booyah hit the nail on the head in his assesment and its clear that Sheridan was not cut out for this job, nor did his players buy into anything he was doing. We could see that in week 6.

With some guys returning to health(Philips), some roster tweaking and a solid draft no reason to think that this team will not compete as they have the past 5 years in 2010. They have a franchise QB who put up numbers that many said he never could playing in NY and the northeast. They have some good young Wr's, something that 6 months ago everyone thought would be the death of them. The core of a championship team and 12 win regular season team is pretty much in tact.

I think back to 1988 when the Giants 2 years removed from a Super Bowl missed out on the playoffs by losing at home to a pathetic Jet team. They addressed some needs in the draft that year and got a bit younger in some spots that crept up on them age wise. I see no reason that this team cannot do the same and still compete. Like I said the cupboards hardly bare.

Again, with some people POSSIBLY returning to health(Phillips)

I dont know what team Im going to root for, but I will no longer be a fan of the NY Giants. Well, I will be a Giants fan again once every player and coach from this team is gone.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

How pathectic. We just went to the playoffs 4 years in a row, and won a superbowl. We have one crap year and you want to jump ship? Its cool we dont need fans like you, now go turn coat you front running SOB.

You want to blame someone blame Coughlin.......he is the architect of all this passionless play

he has no passion............the team follows suit

Spags was the guy with fire in his belly..............now you have Coughlin and his passionless voiceless clones

That btw was Pierce's only contribution- cheerleader.........he had no physical ability but a big big mouth

Jack , why can 't you just let one thread go by without blurting out your anti-Pierce claptrap ?

I'm complimenting the guy for once

Coughlin is not a field commander.....great organizer, but no one is following him or any of his present coaches through no mans land to attack the enemy

so we were left with Spags, Strahan, and Pierce to rally the troops.......all gone with the wind

we have let so many great asst coaches leave and kept dead wood over the years

I understand this guys frustration, and it wont get any better until the Giants agian find emotional leadership......football is 90% emotion, 10% ability.........contrary to what most "analysts" will tell you........the Giants played with great emotion against th Skins, but when one stupid non penalty occurred on Hedgecock....he did not hold....it looked that way as he pancaked the DT.......well the team let that affect their whole game and the rest is history.

without emotional leadership one little thing like that can untrack you

This team is/was an un-emotional ruderless ship.......they cannot handle success, or bad calls or bad bounces......unless everything goes their way they fall apart, at least on D

That's correct, although I can do without 4th down passes to my full back who's shown he can't catch. It's this type of call that Gilbride haters hang their hats on.

On the one hand, the call is risky, because Hedgecock apparently couldn't catch to save his life. On the other, they guy was wide open, and if he made that catch was walking into the end zone. Asking a FB to catch a football with no one within 5 yards is not an unreasonble request...

On the one hand, the call is risky, because Hedgecock apparently couldn't catch to save his life. On the other, they guy was wide open, and if he made that catch was walking into the end zone. Asking a FB to catch a football with no one within 5 yards is not an unreasonble request...

That's true but that play has got to have a tight end peel off the line imo. The other issue there is that in truth eli does not always throw that pass well. He used to have tiki spinning in circles to make the play.

That's true but that play has got to have a tight end peel off the line imo. The other issue there is that in truth eli does not always throw that pass well. He used to have tiki spinning in circles to make the play.

You are right Boo....MeMe was turned into a human top on several occasions.