SportsWrath

It hurts me to say this, but I am no longer a Giants fan

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever read. Team plays an awful game in a season where they probably were not getting anything more than 1 playoff game and your jumping ship? This is the reason so many Nyers in their late 30's and 40's are Cowboy fans, they pussed out in the 70's when times were lean, you want to do this after 1 game?

Anyway the cupboard is not bare and all is not lost. I think booyah hit the nail on the head in his assesment and its clear that Sheridan was not cut out for this job, nor did his players buy into anything he was doing. We could see that in week 6.

With some guys returning to health(Philips), some roster tweaking and a solid draft no reason to think that this team will not compete as they have the past 5 years in 2010. They have a franchise QB who put up numbers that many said he never could playing in NY and the northeast. They have some good young Wr's, something that 6 months ago everyone thought would be the death of them. The core of a championship team and 12 win regular season team is pretty much in tact.

I think back to 1988 when the Giants 2 years removed from a Super Bowl missed out on the playoffs by losing at home to a pathetic Jet team. They addressed some needs in the draft that year and got a bit younger in some spots that crept up on them age wise. I see no reason that this team cannot do the same and still compete. Like I said the cupboards hardly bare.

Great post xxi. I always look forward to what you post. Agree 100%. This is pretty much the same team that won the SB 2 yrs ago, minus a good DC. I panicked, got pissed, talked shit, etc. But I would NEVER stop rooting for my team.

Great post xxi. I always look forward to what you post. Agree 100%. This is pretty much the same team that won the SB 2 yrs ago, minus a good DC. I panicked, got pissed, talked shit, etc. But I would NEVER stop rooting for my team.

lol, yea it's funny how xxi-xxv-xLii, sits back n not say anything till someone says something like this.. xxi-xxv-xLii, Jim, Fish among others help keep this place sane...

nah, C- there was some quit in those '70's teams. perhaps we didn't question it because there was a lot less talent. regardless, i can't see how you stop rooting for a team.

Yeah, Blu, these guys would never make it as SF Giant fans, would they? :rolleyes:

THE GIANTS SUCK, GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!

A fair weather fan, in more ways than one! But when the Giants bounce back and win the NFC East next year and the Dolphins finish 3rd in their division and out of the playoffs, what then?

Take a few weeks and see what happens. You'll be following all the Giant personnel changes and rumors, you'll be hoping for certain free agents and draft picks and then you'll realize - you can't change your team, even if you really wanted to. It's part of your DNA.

Responding to the initial post, we giant fans have to be the most spoiled fans ever. Our team made the playoffs for four straight years, and wins one of the greatest super bowls of all time just two years ago. And now people are freaking out over missing the playoffs in one underachieving season.

Disappointing? Yes, but no reason to throw in the towel.

Not to mention the fact that this is a sport, unlike baseball, where you don't have 8-9 big market teams who usually can throw out a ton of cash and buy a playoff team most years.

Can you imagine what it's like being a Lions, Browns or even Jets fan?

And boohyah motherfucker!

booyah was a cited member in the above mentioned team critique thumbsup.gif

In all honesty teams just dont make the playoffs every year. Now that our streak is done I think in the NFC its a 3 team tie between Zona, Minny and the Eagles for consecutive playoff berths with a whopping 2 in a row. We went 4 straight years. They did not even go 4 straight years in the Parcells years of 83-90

Kind of puts it in perspective. Sadly NY is now littered with too many "modern" Yankee fans who think this is devine right year to year and failt to recognize the competitive balance of the NFL.

booyah was a cited member in the above mentioned team critique thumbsup.gif

In all honesty teams just dont make the playoffs every year. Now that our streak is done I think in the NFC its a 3 team tie between Zona, Minny and the Eagles for consecutive playoff berths with a whopping 2 in a row. We went 4 straight years. They did not even go 4 straight years in the Parcells years of 83-90

Kind of puts it in perspective. Sadly NY is now littered with too many "modern" Yankee fans who think this is devine right year to year and failt to recognize the competitive balance of the NFL.

Right, and unlike shit franchises like the Lions, Browns, and Rams, this team is only a few tweaks and a new coordinator away from regaining playoff status. A defensive tackle, linebacker, possibly O-lineman, and a couple more elsewhere for depth. Can't say that about those other teams.

Right, and unlike shit franchises like the Lions, Browns, and Rams, this team is only a few tweaks and a new coordinator away from regaining playoff status. A defensive tackle, linebacker, possibly O-lineman, and a couple more elsewhere for depth. Can't say that about those other teams.

The Lions are shit right now, but I think they'll be a lot better next year. But yes, the core group for the Giants is there, we just need to build a stronger perimeter.

Yeah man, you can't jump ship because the team sucks.

I'm jumping ship because John Mara is fucking my father, a season ticket holder of 40+ years in the ass.

But if you weathered the Dave Brown years, the Kent Graham years, the Ray Handley and Rod Rust years, you can stomach this. It's John Mara I can no longer deal with.

By the way, Hugh is good people, and has one of the coolest handles on the board. He'll cool down and he'll be fine. Give him a break.

Bump...man if I jumped on every Giants fan that had momentary doubts...well my feet would never touch the ground. Been cheering for them since 68' and yeah they have gotten me down a million times. Just makes the highs that much sweeter.

Bump...man if I jumped on every Giants fan that had momentary doubts...well my feet would never touch the ground. Been cheering for them since 68' and yeah they have gotten me down a million times. Just makes the highs that much sweeter.

Unfortunately, that isn't true for everyone here. I said this team was pathetic and didn't deserve to be in the playoffs three weeks ago hoping a loss would set everyone straight and I was RIGHT but still got ridiculed. Oh, I didn't WANT to be right, but I knew in my heart this football team wasn't playoff bound.

Unfortunately, that isn't true for everyone here. I said this team was pathetic and didn't deserve to be in the playoffs three weeks ago hoping a loss would set everyone straight and I was RIGHT but still got ridiculed. Oh, I didn't WANT to be right, but I knew in my heart this football team wasn't playoff bound.

let it go bro,

people went at you because you didnt want the giants to make the playoffs, not because you didnt think they were good enough to make the playoffs. thats two different things.

let it go bro,

people went at you because you didnt want the giants to make the playoffs, not because you didnt think they were good enough to make the playoffs. thats two different things.

Reread the post, dumbass. That's not what I said at all. I said they weren't good enough to be in the playoffs and hoped they choked now because IF they made it they would be embarrassed and that it was better to get embarrassed now so that heads roll. Which is exactly what happened.

You took how you wanted to take it. I'm assuming it's because you aren't very bright. And it wasn't "people" . It was you and AllstarTard. The two least knowledgeable football fans on this board. All you do is provide links and .gifs, contributing no original thoughts. All Tard does is constantly contradict himself to "prove his points".

Reread the post, dumbass. That's not what I said at all. I said they weren't good enough to be in the playoffs and hoped they choked now because IF they made it they would be embarrassed and that it was better to get embarrassed now so that heads roll. Which is exactly what happened.

You took how you wanted to take it. I'm assuming it's because you aren't very bright. And it wasn't "people" . It was you and AllstarTard. The two least knowledgeable football fans on this board. All you do is provide links and .gifs, contributing no original thoughts. All Tard does is constantly contradict himself to "prove his points".

What you said was dumb. Everything you say these days is pretty dumb. I used to think you were alright, I even said it on occasion, but now you must be on some shit or you're just getting your kicks because you're just "troll like" in your comments. You've decided that the best way to make everyone look stupid, is to call them stupid. Problem is, you manage to conviently ignore facts to suit yourself. You consider AllStar stupid, well next to you he's Copernicus (and that might be an insult sorry All Star).

You said they weren't good enough to make the Playoffs. The playoffs contain the top 6 teams, that's what playoffs are. They might not have been playing well, but they very well were good enough to make the playoffs. You hoped they choked. That's some Giants fan you are hoping his team chokes so they don't make it. Every fan should want his team to make it regardless and while 9-7 and 8-8 is not good, if it gets you there then it gets you there. You want to win the Superbowl, you need to get into the playoffs somehow.(Cardinals were 9-7 last year.) And what the fuck does it mean, I'd rather be embarassed now and opposed to embarassed then. What difference does it matter when you get embarrased?

mee too

begining tomm I'm a Jets fan for the rest of the playoffs

Fnnn Giants........sometimes they are their own worst enemy

Gotta make a lot of BIG changes...........cosmetic surgery is not going to cure a team with no heart

Its starts at the top.....Vinny Lombardi would have won the SB going away with the talent presently on the Giants

and I believe there ar a lot of coaches in and out of work who could do it today (Gruden, Cowher, Del Rio to name a few)...........Coughlin has become a roadblock to success

TIME FOR TOM TO

THROW IN THE TOWEL :furious: