SportsWrath

It hurts me to say this, but I am no longer a Giants fan

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I can understand the feeling Bro....chin up...just imagine being a fan going through high school with every other homer being a Broke Backs or Stealer fan....until 81' now that was brutal. I was a fan from 68-81....and they had not even been in the playoffs since the year before I was born in 63'. 18 years of lousy football from a cornerstone franchise...gives you a little more ability to ride through this shit. What really gets my goat is that we should have gone deep into the playoffs if not the SB last year minus a flesh wound or two....and just an abortion of a year this year. :jerkoff:

I feel ya bro. Im so angry at these motherfuckers, what the hell was that all about? The game, and the last half of the season? Th coaching on D and sp. teams was atrocious, but the attitude down the stretch was what killed it IMO. Fuck this group right here. They better make some coaching changes quick. Motherfuckers. :furious:

Right now if I was Reese...I do not even wait for Cheerleader...I would sit down with videos of the 4 forty point plus losses and review every play over the next week and look at effort, technique and heart. Anyone who failed 2 of these or even one consistently would have an X marked off on his chart...and out the fucking door you go. Immediately right now Rocky Bernard would be stripped of his playbook, uniform, helmet and whatever else he stole from the Giants this year and told to get the fuck out. Eat his salary and know better for the next time.

There are about 10 other guys that deserve immediate dismissal...not including coaches. Sheridan Gone....Gilfuck gone as far as I am concerned....but whatever....the ultimate Cheerleader ...gone..kick up stairs...put him in an office next to Reese...include him on all the meetings...the guy deserves it...but the game has passed him by. Bring in a Cowher or Shannahan...once that was accomplished Gilfuck would be kicked the fuck out anyway. Definitely not going to happen especially with the coaches except for Sheridan. :rolleyes:

I dont know what team Im going to root for, but I will no longer be a fan of the NY Giants. Well, I will be a Giants fan again once every player and coach from this team is gone.

Let me say this... there's no such thing as "I am no longer a (insert team here) fan".. no such thing.. once a fan.. always a fan no matter how many pretenders we have on the current team. I'm sad, disappointed and even depressed at how the season has gone down... but to say I'm not a fan or will no longer be a fan would be utter bullshit.

Right now if I was Reese...I do not even wait for Cheerleader...I would sit down with videos of the 4 forty point plus losses and review every play over the next week and look at effort, technique and heart. Anyone who failed 2 of these or even one consistently would have an X marked off on his chart...and out the fucking door you go. Immediately right now Rocky Bernard would be stripped of his playbook, uniform, helmet and whatever else he stole from the Giants this year and told to get the fuck out. Eat his salary and know better for the next time.

There are about 10 other guys that deserve immediate dismissal...not including coaches. Sheridan Gone....Gilfuck gone as far as I am concerned....but whatever....the ultimate Cheerleader ...gone..kick up stairs...put him in an office next to Reese...include him on all the meetings...the guy deserves it...but the game has passed him by. Bring in a Cowher or Shannahan...once that was accomplished Gilfuck would be kicked the fuck out anyway. Definitely not going to happen especially with the coaches except for Sheridan. :rolleyes:

I don't know about Gilbride... yes there have been bone-headed plays that he called but what OC doesn't have those? Eli has his best year... statistically speaking... it was our D that couldn't hold anyone.

I would start with that pussy Jacobs.

Let me say this... there's no such thing as "I am no longer a (insert team here) fan".. no such thing.. once a fan.. always a fan no matter how many pretenders we have on the current team. I'm sad, disappointed and even depressed at how the season has gone down... but to say I'm not a fan or will no longer be a fan would be utter bullshit.

co-sign.jpg

The inconsistency is the killer. It wouldn't hurt so much if we new they were Cleveland, not just slumping to Cleveland's standards.

Last year the Giants were only inconsistent when that stupid motherfucker Plaxico shot himself, can't really blame Gilbride for other people's stupidity. But man, do I miss a decent defense. I don't ever remember Spags getting his ass kicked over and over again aside from Week 1 and 2 in the 2007 season.

Last year the Giants were only inconsistent when that stupid motherfucker Plaxico shot himself, can't really blame Gilbride for other people's stupidity. But man, do I miss a decent defense. I don't ever remember Spags getting his ass kicked over and over again aside from Week 1 and 2 in the 2007 season.

Lately we've had terrible luck with DCs... aside from Spags of course. So if there's one move that will instantly upgrade our D, it's getting a damn good DC.

Lately we've had terrible luck with DCs... aside from Spags of course. So if there's one move that will instantly upgrade our D, it's getting a damn good DC.

John Fox

Johnny Lynn

Tim Lewis

Steve Spags

Bill Sheridan

Aside from Fox and Spags, that's not a very impressive list...is Johnny Lynn still in the NFL these days?

John Fox

Johnny Lynn

Tim Lewis

Steve Spags

Bill Sheridan

Aside from Fox and Spags, that's not a very impressive list...is Johnny Lynn still in the NFL these days?

Yea, when I heard the announcers say Fox's been coaching the Panthers for 8 years, I was like wow.. it seems like it was 2 years ago he was with us... and Spags was here for such a brief time too...

wow, this is pretty pathetic. I get called a bad fan for thinking this team sucked and had no business even trying to make the playoffs, yet I would never, NEVER stop being a Giants fan.

yea, this guy would've never made it in the 70's. i thought this was about the PSL's?

yea, this guy would've never made it in the 70's. i thought this was about the PSL's?

LOL...I was thinking the same thing...we'd get hard if they just would have sniffed 500. ...man, that is what that game reminded me of too. Thing is, even as bad as they were in the 70's I never really questioned if they had heart....out manned...out coached...but they played with heart...those guys yesterday flat out didn't show up. They didn't even put in enough time to quit.

I like Coughlin...be he has to own that one. They appear to be over him....and they should line the entire defense up and simply fire every third guy...Osi..Tuck......any of them, fuck it. ..not a leader in the bunch.

That shit doesn't happen if Strahan is playing...he'd put his foot through somebody's ass before he'd let a defense lay down like that.

C. Wagon

LOL...I was thinking the same thing...we'd get hard if they just would have sniffed 500. ...man, that is what that game reminded me of too. Thing is, even as bad as they were in the 70's I never really questioned if they had heart....out manned...out coached...but they played with heart...those guys yesterday flat out didn't show up. They didn't even put in enough time to quit.

I like Coughlin...be he has to own that one. They appear to be over him....and they should line the entire defense up and simply fire every third guy...Osi..Tuck......any of them, fuck it. ..not a leader in the bunch.

That shit doesn't happen if Strahan is playing...he'd put his foot through somebody's ass before he'd let a defense lay down like that.

C. Wagon

nah, C- there was some quit in those '70's teams. perhaps we didn't question it because there was a lot less talent. regardless, i can't see how you stop rooting for a team.

nah, C- there was some quit in those '70's teams. perhaps we didn't question it because there was a lot less talent. regardless, i can't see how you stop rooting for a team.

Yeah there was a lot of quit in them...just not the entire wholesale I left the pot boiling collective quit like yesterday....at least not in a long while. I remember guys like Mendenhall losing his mind at the climate of accepted losing. But before LT showed up even though Van Pelt and Gregory were good/decent players respectively you could see sometimes by the third quarter they were making reservations on copping a primo bag of weed. :smartass: And there were plenty of times when Harry Carson whispered about joining a contender. Like all memories the bad gets minimized and fades away ....whereas the good is preserved (and often embellished). ;)

I think it's time for Coughlin to hang em up. I appreciate everything he has done for us, But his history of teams eventually tuning him out looks like it has come to pass. That why I think the Giants would be smart to go hard after a guy like Cowher. His track record of teams always fighting even when the talent wasn't there is pretty impressive.

I think it's time for Coughlin to hang em up. I appreciate everything he has done for us, But his history of teams eventually tuning him out looks like it has come to pass. That why I think the Giants would be smart to go hard after a guy like Cowher. His track record of teams always fighting even when the talent wasn't there is pretty impressive.

I call it the Pat Riley Progression....after a while the team just tunes out the rah-rah....kick him upstairs make him an ass't General Manager give him some real work...but the same thing happened in Jacksonville.

Might have gotten a little carried away with myself:)....some of those teams were so bad it was sort of hard to tell if they were tanking it or not....was Spider and Pete Athens running into each other with arm tackles ...and falling softly on to the turf ....and letting Walther Garrision go 40 into the endzone untouched..... just bad players...or as Deion Sanders says "a business decision". ....Mendenhal "pulling" a hammy at the 20 chasing him looked legit though. But with those teams...at least we knew they sucked. Man...I've never seen a good team look so bad like I did yesterday. I've been bumming all day.

C. Wagon

Sorry the Giants can't fleece the taxpayers out of a billion dollars to build a new stadium, then spend the savings on free agent contracts that nobody else can match- football doesn't work that way. Man up, wussy, and good riddance. The Cowboys are still alive- you'll fit right into their fan base.