SportsWrath

It hurts me to say this, but I am no longer a Giants fan

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

If you like football, you like more games. Simple as that. I am not happy that there is not a game next week and maybe they would have gotten their doors blown off, but then again maybe they would not have. Stranger things have happened just look at these things from the past 4 years.

In 2006 the Colts were unable to stop the run on any level. Made the playoffs as a 3 seed, played week 1 of WC weekend against the KC Chiefs and what was the best run game in the league. What did the Colts do? Held Larry Johnson to some ridiculouos number, first time all year they held a team under 100 let alone the number they did and used that momentum to continue to dominate in run defense to a SB title.

In 2008 the Arizona Cardinals were 9-7 in arguably the worst division in football and had their doors blown off all season by the likes of the Giants, Jets, Eagles, Patriots etc. What do they do? Almost win SB.

You always want to get in.

By the way the 2007 Giants were a more talented team then the GB Packers. The Packers benefitted from playing in a weaker division and its debateable if they were less talented then the Cowboys.

I agree...I think it's arguable that the Patriots were the only team that were more talented than the 07 GMen....

By the way the 2007 Giants were a more talented team then the GB Packers. The Packers benefitted from playing in a weaker division and its debateable if they were less talented then the Cowboys.

well then, the dog is confused. for two years the dog has heard about the improbable and incredible 2007 run to the super bowl. Yet now it appears that all they did was beat three teams they should beat and that they were more talented than and one that was so ripe for a loss that it is possible the Akron Zips JV team could have beaten them. Doesn't sound so impressive anymore.

well then, the dog is confused. for two years the dog has heard about the improbable and incredible 2007 run to the super bowl. Yet now it appears that all they did was beat three teams they should beat and that they were more talented than and one that was so ripe for a loss that it is possible the Akron Zips JV team could have beaten them. Doesn't sound so impressive anymore.

I think it was more an unlikely run to the Super Bowl because we were up and down all season and beat an undefeated Patriots team. Again, talent wise, players on the field, the Giants were definitely superior to Tampa and Green Bay....and Dallas is debatable.

Dallas is arguable, but Green Bay is not, we had more talent than they did.

The way I saw it, the cold got to Favre, but not Eli. And Dallas? Well, they had the talent, but they gave away the game with their penalties. And, as far as TB and the Pats went, what can I say? Eli! Eli is a god.

Get a mirror Mickeef, you posted a similar rant yourself remember?

I think this is the point where you say, "Gee, you must really be obsessed with me to remember something I posted years ago. Do you keep a log of this stuff?"

What I actually said a few years ago was that I was no longer willing to sit every Sunday and watch the horror show that was the Jim Fassel/Jeremy Shockey/etc. Giants. I even admitted, within a week, that it wasn't possible for me to follow through on. I never said I was rooting for another team. Just a bit of a difference there, wouldn't you say? Now go back to shamelessly reminding everybody how important you are to Sportswrath, whether they recognize it or not.

I think this is the point where you say, "Gee, you must really be obsessed with me to remember something I posted years ago. Do you keep a log of this stuff?"

What I actually said a few years ago was that I was no longer willing to sit every Sunday and watch the horror show that was the Jim Fassel/Jeremy Shockey/etc. Giants. I even admitted, within a week, that it wasn't possible for me to follow through on. I never said I was rooting for another team. Just a bit of a difference there, wouldn't you say? Now go back to shamelessly reminding everybody how important you are to Sportswrath, whether they recognize it or not.

Don't flatter yourself Keef. You show up here once in a blue moon and add nothing, except your ability to be annoying and then have the nerve to tell me I'm Obsessed with you when you've only shown over the years that you hold nothing but grudges.You remember every little aspect of every argument you've had with people.

And there's no difference, you said it, so you shouldn't hammer someone else for doing the same thing.

The importance to Sportswrath has been a running joke on here for ages. Get with the program. Nobody misses me when I'm gone, I get that.

They didn't quit. The offense had a bad game. The defense...well, they had 40+pt games 3 times before yesterday: what makes you guys think they quit this time instead of the other 3 occasions? Honestly, I think our D effectively shut themselves down after New Orleans/Philly. Whether they "quit" or simply lost confidence and never regained it, I don't know.

We need a real DC, and a higher standard at LB. The mediocrities we have at LB are killing us against both the run game and passing game. This has been true going back to Tim Lewis--the only difference was that Spags knew how to hide it because of his past with the equally mediocre Philly LBs. But even with him, a TE or RB coming out of the backfield would kill us.

We can't rely on them to cover, and they can't blitz. Apparently, they can't cover for the DTs, because they can't shed blockers. Obviously, they can't cover for the safeties.

So when we had injuries at both safety and DT, we were destined to be a mediocre defense. The problem was that Sheridan did not scheme to our strengths, which were still DE and corners. So we are where we are.

I agree Fish, especially concerning the need for a real DC, and better linebackers.

Watching the Dallas-Philly game was like watching a clinic on what good linebackers in a 3-4 defense are capable of doing.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm tired of the "promoting a young bright coach for DC" approach. Since Belichick was our DC, the best we've gotten with that approach is Fox and Spags, and they each wound up leaving in order to take HC spots.

Time to get lure Romeo Crennel back into the DC chair, or else Dick Jauron. We need someone with some actual fucking experience running a defense.

Romeo is likeable, and has 3 SB rings as the DC for the Patriots....I hope to God that the Giants have him on speed dial.

I dont know what team Im going to root for, but I will no longer be a fan of the NY Giants. Well, I will be a Giants fan again once every player and coach from this team is gone.

I'm going to remain a Giants fan...but I'm rooting for the Jets to make the playoffs.

As far as the NFC is concerned, I'm pulling for Saints.

Don't flatter yourself Keef. You show up here once in a blue moon and add nothing, except your ability to be annoying and then have the nerve to tell me I'm Obsessed with you when you've only shown over the years that you hold nothing but grudges.You remember every little aspect of every argument you've had with people.

And there's no difference, you said it, so you shouldn't hammer someone else for doing the same thing.

The importance to Sportswrath has been a running joke on here for ages. Get with the program. Nobody misses me when I'm gone, I get that.

I'D MISS YOU BOOHYAH!!!!! :blush::laugh:

And leave mickeef alone, hes my buddy. Even tho hes a stinkin Sox fan. :D

I'm going to remain a Giants fan...but I'm rooting for the Jets to make the playoffs.

As far as the NFC is concerned, I'm pulling for Saints.

Yeah, the Saints deserve a title. Wouldnt bother me if they won. Peyton deserves another ring, he's FAAAR too talented to have only one. Really, as long as the Egirls and cowfucks dont win it all, Im cool. Dont really want the cards either, but them better than the other 2.