SportsWrath

The Giants will make the playoffs

JMFP

My spidey senses are tingling.

We'll go 10-6, and edge Dallas for the final Wildcard spot.

That is all.

200px-talosian_keeper.jpg

I think you are right. Dallas has to go to New Orleans next week. You can never tell but that should be a 'L'. Then they play the Skins and Eagles. I think the Eagles will beat them, and the Skins will not be a cakewalk, either. I have them 1-2 the rest of the way, so they'll be 9-7. I think we are going to beat the Skins, Panthers, and a resting Vikings team to go 10-6. Green Bay is going to go at least 1-2 the rest of the way, meaning they will be at minimum 10-6, and have a wild card. We'll be 10-6 and even if we go 9-7, we still have a decent shot if the Cowboys go 1-2 like I expect them to.

Is the front office so fucking blind to realise that this defense is just flat out retarded and that absolutely no game planning or adjustments are being made?? They should have just sacked Sheridan midway and maybe that would have lit a fire under their ass. Now we are no longer controllers of our own destiny and have to rely on other teams fucking up. Washington's O suddenly seems to be playing really well. Unless we can put up 145 points, I dont see a possibility of this D stopping them. We can only pray Minnesota is resting in the final week.

On paper we should be in, the last three games are all very winnable and Dallas has a touch road ahead. However, I have no confidence our D will hold up.

Why Sheridan persists with sending Linemen in coverage is beyond me. Sending an end out to cover the flat, maybe, but sending them 20 yards upfield to cover a TE or fucking WR? How much failure does he need before he changes his mind?

Is the front office so fucking blind to realise that this defense is just flat out retarded and that absolutely no game planning or adjustments are being made?? They should have just sacked Sheridan midway and maybe that would have lit a fire under their ass. Now we are no longer controllers of our own destiny and have to rely on other teams fucking up. Washington's O suddenly seems to be playing really well. Unless we can put up 145 points, I dont see a possibility of this D stopping them. We can only pray Minnesota is resting in the final week.

I'm no fan of Sheridan... however I don't think you can judge the man's performance based on a few games where his team is missing a lot f peices... we lost our Safety for the season... our MLB is gone and even when he was on the field he was pretty much a weak link. Our D-Line is not the same... Osi, based on his performance, hasn't fully recovered and neither has our DTs. In other words, on the Defensive side of the ball, we're playing with a lot of bench warmers.

Having said that, I don't think Sheridan is the answer at DC

I'm no fan of Sheridan... however I don't think you can judge the man's performance based on a few games where his team is missing a lot f peices... we lost our Safety for the season... our MLB is gone and even when he was on the field he was pretty much a weak link. Our D-Line is not the same... Osi, based on his performance, hasn't fully recovered and neither has our DTs. In other words, on the Defensive side of the ball, we're playing with a lot of bench warmers.

Having said that, I don't think Sheridan is the answer at DC

Then you fucking ADJUST. If Osi can't turn on his knee properly yet to do anything but speed rush wide, why try putting him in coverage? It's not just the injuries that are hampering us. The Pro Bowl D squad couldn't make Sheridan's schemes look good.

Then you fucking ADJUST. If Osi can't turn on his knee properly yet to do anything but speed rush wide, why try putting him in coverage? It's not just the injuries that are hampering us. The Pro Bowl D squad couldn't make Sheridan's schemes look good.

I think the Giants have a bad history of D-Coordinators who dont adjust to anything.

Lewis had his play the CB 20 yards off the WR scheme and stuck to it come hell or high water.

Spags had his rush everything we can and leave our LBs out to dry scheme.

Sheridan isn't doing much to adjust the D, all the changes he did make a few weeks back have come abit to late in the season.

We need some radical fuck of a coordinator, one that just spends the entire secondary on a blitz and drops all the line man....atleast it might be entertaining.

I think the Giants have a bad history of D-Coordinators who dont adjust to anything.

Lewis had his play the CB 20 yards off the WR scheme and stuck to it come hell or high water.

Sheridan isn't doing much to adjust the D, all the changes he did make a few weeks back have come abit to late in the season.

We need some radical fuck of a coordinator, one that just spends the entire secondary on a blitz and drops all the line man....atleast it might be entertaining.

agreed

given our talent level mcnabb was virtually untouched last night........horrible

you can bad mouth the backs all day but with no pressure, no DBs are effective

I put this on the schemes......Sheridan has no clue as to how to blitz a QB

agreed

given our talent level mcnabb was virtually untouched last night........horrible

you can bad mouth the backs all day but with no pressure, no DBs are effective

I put this on the schemes......Sheridan has no clue as to how to blitz a QB

It would be nice if someone on the defensive line could get off a block.

A friend mentioned that Dick Jauron is a likely candidate....that would be a huge improvement. This Defense doesn't need to be the 86 Giants....I would approve of a defense that made the occasional big play and wasn't otherwise a complete fucking embarrassment.

My wife came into the room to watch the game, and after a few plays said, "wow, the Giants defense sucks". That's how obvious it is.

DeSean Jackson, coming off a concussion, is allowed to simply run through our zone? Doesn't take a genius to bump and run the guy and have a safety over him at all times.

A friend mentioned that Dick Jauron is a likely candidate....that would be a huge improvement. This Defense doesn't need to be the 86 Giants....I would approve of a defense that made the occasional big play and wasn't otherwise a complete fucking embarrassment.

My wife came into the room to watch the game, and after a few plays said, "wow, the Giants defense sucks". That's how obvious it is.

DeSean Jackson, coming off a concussion, is allowed to simply run through our zone? Doesn't take a genius to bump and run the guy and have a safety over him at all times.

There has to be major mis-communication or Sheridan's schemes are just this bad. The amount of times a CB passed a WR off to the zone who was then allowed to just run freely was staggering. Also I still don't understand why if the CB is going to dump a WR off why he doesn't bump him or at least try and move him a little. Allowing a WR to run full speed into the secondary is a disaster waiting to happen every time.

There has to be major mis-communication or Sheridan's schemes are just this bad. The amount of times a CB passed a WR off to the zone who was then allowed to just run freely was staggering. Also I still don't understand why if the CB is going to dump a WR off why he doesn't bump him or at least try and move him a little. Allowing a WR to run full speed into the secondary is a disaster waiting to happen every time.

Despite the fact that Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson is a known home-run hitter, the Giants let him run free in the Giants secondary -- most obviously on his 60-yard touchdown in the third quarter that put Philadelphia back on top for good.

The Giants were supposed to be in cover-2, but safety Michael Johnson was watching backup tight end Alex Smith and stayed too shallow on his half of the field. Safety Aaron Ross tried to come over from the opposite half of the field and was almost able to make a play, but Jackson shouldn’t have been left so wide open.

“To me it’s an awareness thing,” Coughlin said. “Why in the world we’re stuck on this back-up tight end coming off, instead of the knowledge of where this guy is? He’s the one guy that can hurt you, wherever he is on the field. That’s a good question.”

Source: The Star-Ledger

The only "bright" spot in that game was Eli Manning and the offense somehow being able to keep pace with the Eagles offense. That was a miracle.

Our kickoff coverage sucks, our defense sucks. Our punting sucks...it really doesn't matter how well Feagles can pin one inside the 20 if he averages 39 yards a punt any other time...the man gets zero hang time and minimal distance on his punts any more...also, just once I'd like Tynes to kick one inside their own 5 on a return....

We're losing field position battles every game, we're losing the turnover battle every game, and you can't force your offense to come back from 14 down right off the bat and still expect to win. It was a miracle the offense played as well as it did.

How did the Cowboys and Philly games show you ANYTHING other than that we're unfit and quite frankly, don't deserve to be in the playoffs

The only "bright" spot in that game was Eli Manning and the offense somehow being able to keep pace with the Eagles offense. That was a miracle.

Our kickoff coverage sucks, our defense sucks. Our punting sucks...it really doesn't matter how well Feagles can pin one inside the 20 if he averages 39 yards a punt any other time...the man gets zero hang time and minimal distance on his punts any more...also, just once I'd like Tynes to kick one inside their own 5 on a return....

We're losing field position battles every game, we're losing the turnover battle every game, and you can't force your offense to come back from 14 down right off the bat and still expect to win. It was a miracle the offense played as well as it did.

How did the Cowboys and Philly games show you ANYTHING other than that we're unfit and quite frankly, don't deserve to be in the playoffs

I'm looking at it in terms of effort....we beat Dallas, and that Philly game was a real shootout.

Last weekend, both teams hit big plays, with the difference being turnovers and mental errors. No argument regarding the special teams and defensive play....I'll only say that we won't be facing offenses of this caliber until Minnesota, and then, we might be looking at their 2nd string.

From here, the schedule favors the Giants over the Cowboys.

I'd say 9-7 or 8-8.

We make the playoffs... but only because the rest of the NFC sucks even worse.

This Giants D is the worst I've ever seen. Worse than the Tim Lewis D, worse than the Rod Rust D, worse than anything Johnnie Lynn ever put on the field.

Man, I hope John Fox becomes available.

I'm looking at it in terms of effort....we beat Dallas, and that Philly game was a real shootout.

Last weekend, both teams hit big plays, with the difference being turnovers and mental errors. No argument regarding the special teams and defensive play....I'll only say that we won't be facing offenses of this caliber until Minnesota, and then, we might be looking at their 2nd string.

From here, the schedule favors the Giants over the Cowboys.

Unfortunately, A's for effort aren't going to cut it against NFL Playoff teams...

I'd rather not limp into the playoffs. We've yet to beat a good team this season...the Cowboys don't count, they're divisional and we'll ALWAYS play them tough....and they aren't that great of a team, anyways.

I'd rather sit home and watch the good teams duke it out this year. If we make the playoffs, we're going to get embarrassed, there's no doubt about it, man...I honestly don't see us beating Minnesota's second string even, at this point.

Unfortunately, A's for effort aren't going to cut it against NFL Playoff teams...

I'd rather not limp into the playoffs. We've yet to beat a good team this season...the Cowboys don't count, they're divisional and we'll ALWAYS play them tough....and they aren't that great of a team, anyways.

I'd rather sit home and watch the good teams duke it out this year. If we make the playoffs, we're going to get embarrassed, there's no doubt about it, man...I honestly don't see us beating Minnesota's second string even, at this point.

you're right, MInny or NO at home look invincible but i'd still like to see the giants in the playoffs.