SportsWrath

The Giants will make the playoffs

JMFP

Holy shit Storm (Holy Shit Storm? :confused:), if football weekend so far hasn't convinced you the Giants need to go all in on the playoffs, then you just aren't going to be convinced. New Orleans just lost to a team the Giants beat twice. The Packers just lost to a mediocre Steelers team. The Vikings just got shelled by a Panthers squad that few would even put on par with the '09 Giants. The NFC is wide open...if the Giants go 3-0 to close out the year, they not only deserve to be there, they've got as good a chance as anyone in the field.

We didnt get the breaks and the opponents did. I believe in that heart - if the mistakes get curbed - this team is no less competitive than anyone in the NFC - very evident from what happened this week with the Saints and Vikings.

The Giants are absolutely killing every defense they play.....the Redskins have a very sound defense, and we are bitch-slapping them just like we bitch-slapped Philly's vaunted defense. The only difference this time around is that our pass rush has shown up, and our special teams are blocking and tackling.

If we keep this up, there will be a few playoff teams hoping that we fall short, because I don't know any teams that want to play against another Manning QB.

The Giants are absolutely killing every defense they play.....the Redskins have a very sound defense, and we are bitch-slapping them just like we bitch-slapped Philly's vaunted defense. The only difference this time around is that our pass rush has shown up, and our special teams are blocking and tackling.

If we keep this up, there will be a few playoff teams hoping that we fall short, because I don't know any teams that want to play against another Manning QB.

Both lines came to play tonight. Great to see.

Exactly. I see what Storm is trying to say. Its better that this team doesnt unnecessarily show some kind of a flame and then extinguish itself in a bad way in the playoffs - which is more than likely the case. 'Storms perspective' (please correct me if Im wrong) - "Id rather not have this team show me some false hope, reach the playoffs and then get raped. Because they havent shown any kind of balls that warrants a kickass, FUCKIT!IM WINNING THIS! type of a game where the entire team rallied and punched another team in the face to be able to get a hard fought win!". Hence he believes we dont 'belong' in the playoffs.

Storm - I wont agree with the choice of words. The Giants, if they do get in, well and good. But come on man - this team might not have the heart of a champion - but theyve atleast shown some heart the last couple weeks. We didnt get the breaks and the opponents did. I believe in that heart - if the mistakes get curbed - this team is no less competitive than anyone in the NFC - very evident from what happened this week with the Saints and Vikings.

Finally, someone "gets" me. You've got me spot on man. If this game against the Skins is all false hope, I'm going to be really really disappointed....and probably develop an ulcer....

IF the Giants win out and Dallas or GB drop a game then we deserve to be in the playoffs, most definitely.

And yes, it's still anyone's race in the NFC...last week at this time I didn't see the Saints getting beat at least any time in the playoffs...now they look human and the Vikings look about average....

Finally, someone "gets" me. You've got me spot on man. If this game against the Skins is all false hope, I'm going to be really really disappointed....and probably develop an ulcer....

IF the Giants win out and Dallas or GB drop a game then we deserve to be in the playoffs, most definitely.

And yes, it's still anyone's race in the NFC...last week at this time I didn't see the Saints getting beat at least any time in the playoffs...now they look human and the Vikings look about average....

After the way the Giants played tonight, Im mighty impressed with them. Momentum roll going into the playoffs and its anybody's ball game.

The Giants just sent out a notice to the NFC saying 'People! Our D-line that was in coma all season long suddenly decided to get up from its slumber'. I hope they keep this up. If they do, Im sure a lot of the NFC teams will be a little skeptical about playing the Giants in the playoffs.

P.S - I hope Washington's horrendous O-Line didnt have anything to do with making our D-line look like demigods! :unsure: