SportsWrath

Good game

ccase39

You guys know me well enough to know I am not going to talk as much shit as I probably could, but wow! I am enjoying this. I love the Giants, which almost makes this better than if I hated them. Yes I am one of those douche bag teams that has a second team, and the Giants have been that for me for many, many years, that is the foundation in which I have developed so many great relatiionships on this board. If the Giants were as historically sucky as the Saints have been I promise you would have a second team too. You guys are just blessed with a top notch organization that is a propetual winner. Must make it sting more. Anyway, the Giants are not as bad as they looked here today. The loss was a product of playing shitty teams, and getting down too early in this game. They learned the Saints are NOT the Raiders, Chiefs, etc. I believe had the game had been in the Meadowlands the outcome would have been reversed. I am NOT looking foreward to our playoff rematch. YOu guys as fans, and as a team are the class of the NFL and WILL bounce back something FIERCE. IT is just what a championship team does. And for the rest of the season (Until the playoffs if the Saints make it) GO GIANTS.

You guys know me well enough to know I am not going to talk as much shit as I probably could, but wow! I am enjoying this. I love the Giants, which almost makes this better than if I hated them. Yes I am one of those douche bag teams that has a second team, and the Giants have been that for me for many, many years, that is the foundation in which I have developed so many great relatiionships on this board. If the Giants were as historically sucky as the Saints have been I promise you would have a second team too. You guys are just blessed with a top notch organization that is a propetual winner. Must make it sting more. Anyway, the Giants are not as bad as they looked here today. The loss was a product of playing shitty teams, and getting down too early in this game. They learned the Saints are NOT the Raiders, Chiefs, etc. I believe had the game had been in the Meadowlands the outcome would have been reversed. I am NOT looking foreward to our playoff rematch. YOu guys as fans, and as a team are the class of the NFL and WILL bounce back something FIERCE. IT is just what a championship team does. And for the rest of the season (Until the playoffs if the Saints make it) GO GIANTS.

I'm not so sure. That was a definitive beat down.

The Saints have a hell of a team...I hope we see your guys again in the playoffs. :D

Dude... Your team earned the right for you to talk shit. You know some us would be on your ass if it was the other way around. I'm going to go the anti-Wade Phillip and say the better team won. Actually, the better kicked our ass.

Congrats on the win, the Saints were the better team today, a combination of us playing lousy and the Saints playing great. No question. But this whole thing about the Giants facing shitty teams leading up to this game and realzing that the Saints are way better is a pile of shit. The saints played 2 shitty teams in Buffalo and Detroit and had the bye last week and truthfully are a healthier team right now. The Giants are going to beat a lot of teams this year home and away and they won't be shitty. Saints were better and they have a hell of a team.

Dude... Your team earned the right for you to talk shit. You know some us would be on your ass if it was the other way around. I'm going to go the anti-Wade Phillip and say the better team won. Actually, the better kicked our ass.

I don't think that would be the case at all.. people here who get on someone's case usually do it against dudes like badegg or the dog... who talk smack in the first place.

I don't think that would be the case at all.. people here who get on someone's case usually do it against dudes like badegg or the dog... who talk smack in the first place.

surprised he didn't chime in yet

If there is any good that came out of the game today, it is that the Giants have been given a wakeup call. They've been at the top of the heap in the media as the best team in football and have been told they are great and all. And maybe they started believing their own hype.

But this is a wakeup call. They were just plain flat today and they played a team that was hungry. If the Giants are hungry and feel the need to prove they are a better team that they've shown.....then maybe it's a good thing to have their asses handed to them in humiliating fashion at this point in the season.

When the Giants came away with the Superbowl win.....I remember watching the players come to the sidelines breathing hard, with sweat rolling down their brows, and having to bend over just to catch their breath. That's how they need to play every single game.

At least the Skins and Eagles were embarrassed by teams we've already destroyed.

What was your impression of the reffing ccase?

I Will have to go back and rewatch it. I was so wrapped up in the game, I didn't really notice until Socal mentioned something, then I did notice that alot of calls were going against you guys that shouldnt have. I specifically remember our punter tackling Hixon at the fifty by pulling him down by his jersey and no call (not that it should have been). On the VERY NEXT return one of your guys tackled our returner the EXACT SAME WAY and got a horse collar call. Hoculi fucking sucks. IT did seem like you guys got shafted on some calls, but I am not sure if it is what I would call game changing plays.

I Will have to go back and rewatch it. I was so wrapped up in the game, I didn't really notice until Socal mentioned something, then I did notice that alot of calls were going against you guys that shouldnt have. I specifically remember our punter tackling Hixon at the fifty by pulling him down by his jersey and no call (not that it should have been). On the VERY NEXT return one of your guys tackled our returner the EXACT SAME WAY and got a horse collar call. Hoculi fucking sucks. IT did seem like you guys got shafted on some calls, but I am not sure if it is what I would call game changing plays.

The score might have been closer, but the result would have been the same. Your guys were hitting on all cylinders yesterday.

I don't think we would have won but it would have at least been a contest.

I can't argue with that, the officiating has been horrid all season, I wish they would start holding these refs accountable for some of these missed/biased calling, but i doubt that would happen.

I can't argue with that, the officiating has been horrid all season, I wish they would start holding these refs accountable for some of these missed/biased calling, but i doubt that would happen.

The NFL actually does and that's how they choose playoff ref teams and I think they get bonuses also.

Yeah, neither one was a horse collar. And thats just the tip of the iceberg. I remember Hochuli was the man, back in the day...but his crew has had some mind-blowingly terrible calls the last couple years. He's also the guy that cost San Diego a game against Denver last year.

But I have no hard feelings about the officiating in this game ...I feel like the refs were giving the Saints yardage that they'd have had no trouble earning on their own.

as much as I can't believe the Saints are for real (like that), I can't believe how badly we played.

My hats off to the Saints. This loss makes me take account of what we are and aren't. I will have to see us handle good teams again and until we meet again, my doubts will linger.

It's a long season and anything less than playing your Saints again would be a bummer. For what it's worth, I estimate the Saints would decimate the Vikings and so unless there's injuries or let down by the Saints, I don't see another team drilling them.

The Saints line and Brees' vision is something to admire.

The one that I would call game changing was the bullshit PI call against Webster... that would've stopped the Saints' momentum.. we were all looking for a stop.. a stop that didn't come till the 3rd quarter.

When you score a TD every possesion, there's little need to kick a FG.

Dammit!!!, he missed an extra point and Tynes kicked awesome field goals, fucking awesome ones. In fact is there a better word than awesome because if so then that's the word that needs to be used here. It was pretty clear to see why the Giants dumped Carney to the curb and kept their faith in Tynesy (yes Tynesy, he's so good he deserves a catchy name).