SportsWrath

GAMEDAY THREAD

BronxRik

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win?

• [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/rixquest/Sportswrath/Team%20Icons/giants_icon2.jpg[/img]
    • [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/rixquest/Sportswrath/Team%20Icons/Redskins_Icon2.jpg[/img]
  2. 2. Final result?

• Giants by less than 3
    • Giants by 3-9
    • Giants by 10-14
    • Giants by 14+
    • Redskins by less than 3
    • Redskins by 3-9
    • Redskins by 10-14
    • Redskins by 14+
    • TIE

The Giants showed flashes of greatness, but fell flat when they got in the red zone.

The good: Manningham looks like he's going to pan out. Bradshaw looks hungry. Boss should get at least 2 more throws a game. Defensive line tough. Eli is looking good. Thomas looked good at times. Webster is turning into a monster. Honorable mention: TV ads with Tom Arnold pimping DirectTV

The bad: Ware going down. Nicks going down. Secondary was AWOL at times. Can't punch it in when at the goal line.

In a way....we were lucky we won today even though the Giants held the ball for so long and moved it with ease. The touchdown by Manningham was done all on his own and DeAngelo Hall should have easily thrown him out of bounds. And of course, the other TD came from the defensive line. I'd feel better if the team was able to march down the field and punch it in.

Oh well.....certainly can't complain about a win.

The Giants showed flashes of greatness, but fell flat when they got in the red zone.

The good: Manningham looks like he's going to pan out. Bradshaw looks hungry. Boss should get at least 2 more throws a game. Defensive line tough. Eli is looking good. Thomas looked good at times. Webster is turning into a monster. Honorable mention: TV ads with Tom Arnold pimping DirectTV

The bad: Ware going down. Nicks going down. Secondary was AWOL at times. Can't punch it in when at the goal line.

In a way....we were lucky we won today even though the Giants held the ball for so long and moved it with ease. The touchdown by Manningham was done all on his own and DeAngelo Hall should have easily thrown him out of bounds. And of course, the other TD came from the defensive line. I'd feel better if the team was able to march down the field and punch it in.

Dead on and the red zone consistency has to be fixed sooner than later. The Giants were bad last year also and with Jacobs they should be better in these situations. The Giants aren`t always going to be so lucky as with this game and need to get TDs when driving down the field. It was the killer last year in the playoffs with the Eagles also.

I agree with Manningham and Bradshaw. But no doubt Steve Smith was big today and watching Boss was like looking at a guy about to take a major step forward.

But it was a disappointing performance in my opinion, not helped by the fact how a poor Skins offense possibly were even worse than normal.

Skins had a top 4 defense last year, and only improved in the off season. We showed up big against them today, and I think its a sign of some really good things happening for our offense. Especialy once these kids at WR really get a chance to settle down and get rid of the nerves.

I have either Osi, or Manningham as player of the game.

Good to see Eli coming right out with good numbers as well. 20 for 29 over 250 yards and a TD. To bad he got picked off on that tipped ball.

Dead on and the red zone consistency has to be fixed sooner than later. The Giants were bad last year also and with Jacobs they should be better in these situations. The Giants aren`t always going to be so lucky as with this game and need to get TDs when driving down the field. It was the killer last year in the playoffs with the Eagles also.

Absolutely. Jacobs was a bit of a disappointment in this game.....especially by the goal line. It would seem to me that Giblride could study tapes of hundreds of games from other teams to come up with a handful of really good plays to make sure that a 1 yard gain was a given.....especially with a bruiser like Jacobs. Don't get me wrong, I love Jacobs, but it seemed to me he was getting pushed around a lot rather than bowling over people. Perhaps if Eli took the snap out of the shotgun and handed it off Jacobs could get some momentum up when he hit the line rather than hand it off right at the line of scrimmage so that he has no momentum.

On a completely different note, I thought the best TV shot of the day was that of Sherman Smith (the Redskins Offensive Coord) with that "blowing out air in a sigh of relief" on his face after his trick play to score a touchdown during a field goal attempt was freakin priceless.

I agree with Manningham and Bradshaw. But no doubt Steve Smith was big today and watching Boss was like looking at a guy about to take a major step forward.

But it was a disappointing performance in my opinion, not helped by the fact how a poor Skins offense possibly were even worse than normal.

Well take away that BS TD on the fake field goal, and the give up TD when we went prevent, and we hold them to 3 for the day.

Skins had a top 4 defense last year, and only improved in the off season. We showed up big against them today, and I think its a sign of some really good things happening for our offense. Especialy once these kids at WR really get a chance to settle down and get rid of the nerves.

I have either Osi, or Manningham as player of the game.

Good to see Eli coming right out with good numbers as well. 20 for 29 over 250 yards and a TD. To bad he got picked off on that tipped ball.

I have Tuck as player of the game imo.