SportsWrath

Broncos Want 1st & 4th Rd. Picks For WR Brandon Marshall

Mr. P

The Broncos would be willing to trade wide receiver Brandon Marshall if a team offered them a first and a fourth-round pick. Marshall is coming off hip surgery, and it seems unlikely that a team would offer that for a troubled receiver who may not be 100 percent.

Source: The Denver Post

Can someone who wants Brandon Marshall explain to me why they want another troubled player from another team. Also please tell me whether or not you slammed our previous troubled players as well. I'm just curious how guys like Shockey, Burress, and Barber have been labeled as cancers or malcontents and troublemakers and yet you want someone else's problem without giving the receivers we've been drafting the last three years a chance. Been talking up our wide receivers for years about how much talent we have at the position and yet you want someone else at the cost of two draft picks. Jerry Reese has proven over the last few years he is quite capable of getting talented players in the draft in every round, why take away future choices for a player we're definitely going to have to give a top dollar contract to either this year or next. Also consider what Brandon Marshall has to offer us coming off of an injury and having a couple of weeks to pick up the offense.

Seriously I'd love to hear the arguments against all of those points and for going after Brandon Marshall.

Can someone who wants Brandon Marshall explain to me why they want another troubled player from another team. Also please tell me whether or not you slammed our previous troubled players as well. I'm just curious how guys like Shockey, Burress, and Barber have been labeled as cancers or malcontents and troublemakers and yet you want someone else's problem without giving the receivers we've been drafting the last three years a chance. Been talking up our wide receivers for years about how much talent we have at the position and yet you want someone else at the cost of two draft picks. Jerry Reese has proven over the last few years he is quite capable of getting talented players in the draft in every round, why take away future choices for a player we're definitely going to have to give a top dollar contract to either this year or next. Also consider what Brandon Marshall has to offer us coming off of an injury and having a couple of weeks to pick up the offense.

Seriously I'd love to hear the arguments against all of those points and for going after Brandon Marshall.

I'm not saying I definately want marshall, his legal issues concern me more than the mdeical ones because as Blu pointed out, if he isn't healthy enough to go, don't make the trade.

However, I would like to see a trade for a young, veteran WR in the make of Marshall, Edwards etc. The reason, this team is built for winning now, specifically the o line, it's a top tier crew with some aging members. I like a couple of the back ups at Tackle but see nothing really at Center. There is a 3,4,5 year window for us to win another SB.

Wide receivers generalyl need 3 years in the league to be really effective. I have no doubts about Nicks or Barden, in a couple years. Smith is amazing, but not a Number 1, Hoxon either. Moss, I try to defend and think will have a good year, hasn't shown much at all, manningham has talent, but is unproven. There are simply too many question marks at the position to go into the season.

Npt saying a tru number 1/veteran playmaker is an absolute must have, but I would feel much better with a marshall or an Edwards.

If we didnt pursue for Edwards agressive, I seriously doubt we will even consider Marshall. Edwards is a much better option IMO.

Consider the WRs we have already drafted the last couple years, I think Reese wants that position to be in-grown. I dont think we will pursue with Marshall. But I agree with VG that it would be nice to have a young veteran impact player at the position for the next few years, starting this year. This is possible, but I seriously doubt the 'starting this year' part.

Couldn't agree more. I don't care about his legal or medical issues because they come second after issue #1: his attitude. And he gets a big fat fucking F in that category.

Unfortunatly I doubt they want the 32rd pick in the draft, some team will end up trading for him though. My guess is the Ravens.

The price is way too high.. didn't we refuse to give that for Edwards and Bolden? The way I see it, we're getting a damaged product very late in the game.. season is about to start for god's sake... we should never give up our 1st for this one. Besides, Nicks and Barden are ahead of this guy based on training camp alone.. like SoCal said.. PASS.

What team built for winning now isn't going into the season with question marks? The only way you get our receivers experience answer these questions is by getting them on the field. That I believe is the main reason why Toomer is not here this season. These young receivers need an opportunity to get out there and show they can make it and now is that opportunity. Bringing in Edwards, Marshall or Boldin just sets everyone else back. Moss had his shot and did nothing with it and I wish him luck elsewhere in September.

I'm not saying I definately want marshall, his legal issues concern me more than the mdeical ones because as Blu pointed out, if he isn't healthy enough to go, don't make the trade.

However, I would like to see a trade for a young, veteran WR in the make of Marshall, Edwards etc. The reason, this team is built for winning now, specifically the o line, it's a top tier crew with some aging members. I like a couple of the back ups at Tackle but see nothing really at Center. There is a 3,4,5 year window for us to win another SB.

Wide receivers generalyl need 3 years in the league to be really effective. I have no doubts about Nicks or Barden, in a couple years. Smith is amazing, but not a Number 1, Hoxon either. Moss, I try to defend and think will have a good year, hasn't shown much at all, manningham has talent, but is unproven. There are simply too many question marks at the position to go into the season.

Npt saying a tru number 1/veteran playmaker is an absolute must have, but I would feel much better with a marshall or an Edwards.

Why?

Because we're built to win now, we have had 3 consecutive awesome drafts and are deep at most of our positions, esp skill positions except WR. To give up a 1st and 4th, where our first will most likely be in the 30's, aint that big a deal IMO. And to get a big time WR, Id do it.

He had some family troubles (he was acquitted) which are a concern. But as far as the deal with him and the Broncos are concerned, I urge you to read his side of the story- he has, what I think is a valid gripe. And, what I'm looking for from him is 2 years of productivity.

And yes, I don't think we have a threat for this year among the stable of receivers. I think defenses will not be afraid and they will choke our running game and spit on our passing game.

So what exactly is his side of the story? He's outplayed his rookie contract? He's not the only one with that story in the NFL. I have serious doubts of him going anywhere else and not making that same argument for a new contract. You want two years, he wants more and that is based on two years of work.

We don't have a threat among our receivers based on what? The preseason and late last season with Toomer on one leg, Hixon having to step up prematurely, Manningham & Moss out, and Tyree on IR?

They need the opportunity to get out there and play and its just not going to happen behind Marshall.

He had some family troubles (he was acquitted) which are a concern. But as far as the deal with him and the Broncos are concerned, I urge you to read his side of the story- he has, what I think is a valid gripe. And, what I'm looking for from him is 2 years of productivity.

And yes, I don't think we have a threat for this year among the stable of receivers. I think defenses will not be afraid and they will choke our running game and spit on our passing game.

So what exactly is his side of the story? He's outplayed his rookie contract? He's not the only one with that story in the NFL. I have serious doubts of him going anywhere else and not making that same argument for a new contract. You want two years, he wants more and that is based on two years of work.

We don't have a threat among our receivers based on what? The preseason and late last season with Toomer on one leg, Hixon having to step up prematurely, Manningham & Moss out, and Tyree on IR?

They need the opportunity to get out there and play and its just not going to happen behind Marshall.

no it's not at all about his contract. look, if you're interested, look it up- not hard to find. google: brandon +marshall+ injury

The dog would agree that Marshall is a big time talent, and would be an instant upgrade to the giants roster while the young players develop. that being said, he has definately been a the player where it seems trouble finds him. not as extreme a case as some, but Burress was similar in Pittsburgh and in his time in NY...if he can keep it together, the dog thinks he has the potential to be second only to Fitzgerald as far as top receivers. the gamble is, will he eventually be undone by some stupid off the field issue...probably worth the gamble if they are looking short-term.

Sure let me help make the argument for Marshall for a change...

Story number 1

Staffer told players not to say they were happy for Marshall.

Was it the waterboy? the equipment manager?, one of the accountants?

Well it wasn't the General Manager, any of the coaches, assistants or the owner. Who was it? Nobody knows and more importantly; doesn't matter.

He wants more money or a ticket out of town.

no it's not at all about his contract. look, if you're interested, look it up- not hard to find. google: brandon +marshall+ injury