SportsWrath

Broncos Want 1st & 4th Rd. Picks For WR Brandon Marshall

Mr. P

Because we're built to win now, we have had 3 consecutive awesome drafts and are deep at most of our positions, esp skill positions except WR. To give up a 1st and 4th, where our first will most likely be in the 30's, aint that big a deal IMO. And to get a big time WR, Id do it.

The pick will most likely be in the 30's? So the Giants are going to finish in the top 3?

If that is the case, why go after a known malcontent and a troublemaker? Are you telling me that -- after the GENIUS Jerry Reece had all these "awesome" drafts and when you have the 100 million dollar man at QB and the most physical RB to every play the game -- you are still 1 guy short?

Still 1 guy short?

That is laughable.

Let's not forget that Marhsall is no TO -- on or off the field. At least TO takes care of himself and does not get arrested. Marshall put his fist through a TV last year and seems to be in court every other month.

I smell DESPERATION in is this thread. You have some defensive injuries so now you realize the Giants may have to score a TD or two this year. Your QB -- the 90 million dollar man -- played like crap every post season except 1. The WRs from all of your "awesome" drafts are...well...unremarkable. Hitting the PANIC button in August. I love it.

The pick will most likely be in the 30's? So the Giants are going to finish in the top 3?

If that is the case, why go after a known malcontent and a troublemaker? Are you telling me that -- after the GENIUS Jerry Reece had all these "awesome" drafts and when you have the 100 million dollar man at QB and the most physical RB to every play the game -- you are still 1 guy short?

Still 1 guy short?

That is laughable.

Let's not forget that Marhsall is no TO -- on or off the field. At least TO takes care of himself and does not get arrested. Marshall put his fist through a TV last year and seems to be in court every other month.

I smell DESPERATION in is this thread. You have some defensive injuries so now you realize the Giants may have to score a TD or two this year. Your QB -- the 90 million dollar man -- played like crap every post season except 1. The WRs from all of your "awesome" drafts are...well...unremarkable. Hitting the PANIC button in August. I love it.

I hope you do love it. Enjoy this... this must be a great time for you. Trash talk in August is all you have now, so live it up. In December we'll all laugh about how you disappeared again.

LMAO.

Because we're built to win now, we have had 3 consecutive awesome drafts and are deep at most of our positions, esp skill positions except WR. To give up a 1st and 4th, where our first will most likely be in the 30's, aint that big a deal IMO. And to get a big time WR, Id do it.

If we didn't pay that much for Edwards or Bolden, what makes you think we're going to do the same for someone coming off surgery.. no training camp.. and will need time to grasp the offense... We're built to win now.. you're right. But this guy won't help us win now.

If we didn't pay that much for Edwards or Bolden, what makes you think we're going to do the same for someone coming off surgery.. no training camp.. and will need time to grasp the offense... We're built to win now.. you're right. But this guy won't help us win now.

Yeah...that's before we realize our WR is not going to get the job done.

Still 1 guy short?

That is laughable.

from what i've seen of roy williams so far, you should be panicking as well. but then, expectations are very very low in big d. if no one breaks the wide screen, it's a successful year. woo hoo

That is laughable.

No, whats laughable is when you look down your pants ya fuck.

And dont put words in my mouth. I didnt say we were one short, I would just take a big time WR if we could get it for a couple of picks, when I know that 1st pick will be low. We are gonna go deep in the playoffs, most likely win it all. So of course top 3. Sucks you cant have the same outlook as me, huh dipshit?

No, whats laughable is when you look down your pants ya fuck.

And dont put words in my mouth. I didnt say we were one short, I would just take a big time WR if we could get it for a couple of picks, when I know that 1st pick will be low. We are gonna go deep in the playoffs, most likely win it all. So of course top 3. Sucks you cant have the same outlook as me, huh dipshit?

well played court jester, well played.

the dog thinks marshall would be an obvious upgrade, but still a gamble...and the point, which may have been lost on you, is, if you truely believe that the giants are going to most likely win it all, then why spend any draft picks to get a player that is not needed?

Yeah...that's before we realize our WR is not going to get the job done.

You maybe right but the point I made stands.. if what we have don't get done (even though I believe they will.. especially later in the season), what makes you think some new comer who didn't attend training camp will?

The skill is there with our rookies.. everyone including you and I can run and catch passes... it's the playbook that's the problem... Our rookies now have more experience with our playbook than anyone else. I'll go with them.

You give them a second and a wide receiver preferably Moss and leave it at that. If they say no, fuck him. There's no reason for him to want out of Denver other than they are rebuilding, considering that he's been a headache to them off the field, they've been pretty fair to him.

Eli has barely played a full game this pre season and we're already talking about the passing game sucking. Nice job. If that's the case, our defense is in a whole world of trouble isn't it?

Denver Broncos' Brandon Marshall says he has trust issues with management - ESPN http://bit.ly/N5EPi

Most other franchises, I say disgruntled player. But we already know how Denver handled Cutler and also Shanahan. The front office is sneaky so I give this player the benefit of the doubt but only if he's healthy enough.

Also, a lot of folks on this board have been clamoring for a exp'd WR since last season- it's certainly not a training camp epiphany that these receivers are not ready for prime time.

You maybe right but the point I made stands.. if what we have don't get done (even though I believe they will.. especially later in the season), what makes you think some new comer who didn't attend training camp will?

The skill is there with our rookies.. everyone including you and I can run and catch passes... it's the playbook that's the problem... Our rookies now have more experience with our playbook than anyone else. I'll go with them.

Nas, these guys are not getting open. dude, lets not kid ourself.

Nas, these guys are not getting open. dude, lets not kid ourself.

But they will.. these guys were stars in college.. and college players are faster than the older NFL players.. they will get open Nem.

Look I'm not totally against trading for #1 WR, but for this price Denver can go F themselves.

But they will.. these guys were stars in college.. and college players are faster than the older NFL players.. they will get open Nem.

Look I'm not totally against trading for #1 WR, but for this price Denver can go F themselves.

The NFL are alot faster players than in college. I trully hope these guys can get open...Because it's going to be a long year.

The NFL are alot faster players than in college. I trully hope these guys can get open...Because it's going to be a long year.

They will. Trust our FO with draft picks... they've done very well for us so there's no need to doubt them now.

Besides imagine how you'd feel next year if at 16 the stud MLB hte Giants have coveted is till there.. and the Giants don't have a 1st and 4th as part of the package to trade up from 32 and snatch him. ;)

Nem, what I saw in the Bears game after reviewing it on NFL Replay on NFL Network (I love that channel) is that the Bears' secondary was playing off our WRs and giving us the underneath routes. They were putting a lot of blitzing packages with the front seven, so Eli was practically forced to go to the little screens and dinks and dunks, as well as a few times with the underneath routes to WRs. It was a great defensive gameplan. If it was a regular season game though, we would've burned them a couple of times with Ahmad Bradshaw's speed, me thinks. But the receivers were getting open underneath (albeit they were being given that cushion.

The Giants will be fine. They just needed a little bit better blocking... that will come when Snee and Seubert are playing. Plus, I noticed that Alex Brown beat David Diehl a couple of times. He struggles with the speed rush sometimes. The Giants need to be aware of that and give him help to that side sometimes to give Eli a chance to make a big play.

If by week 4 or 5, the offense is still struggling with no passing rhythm, then we can always go back to the Broncos or maybe even the Browns again (I like Braylon more) and make a move. But my instincts tell me that we have at least one future star out of Nicks and Barden, and maybe two!

:)

Brandon Marshall's immature and indifferent behavior during Wednesday's practice is believed to be the reason behind his absence from Thursday's practice.

Marshall was disruptive throughout Wednesday's practice. Showing zero respect for coach Josh McDaniels, Marshall knocked the ball down during wideout drills, punted the ball instead of handing it to the ball boys, and lollygagged throughout. The only thing missing was "poor caddying." Marshall is inching closer to Newsday's Bob Glauber's prediction of a T.O.-like suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Aug. 27 - 9:33 pm et

Source: ABC 7 Denver

Here is video

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

I dont want this fuck nut anywhere near the Giants, grown man acting like a little kid who just had his candy taken away.

Here is video

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

I dont want this fuck nut anywhere near the Giants, grown man acting like a little kid who just had his candy taken away.

That's a class A jerk, right there. They should just suspend him. I wouldn't even say anything to him. Just let him do a couple more stupid things for documentation purposes, then lay down the hammer.

I'd bet that even if they played him, he would purposefully screw up and not even consider his teammates. Somebody in that locker room (a player) needs to step up and give him a little not so friendly advice.

That's a class A jerk, right there. They should just suspend him. I wouldn't even say anything to him. Just let him do a couple more stupid things for documentation purposes, then lay down the hammer.

I'd bet that even if they played him, he would purposefully screw up and not even consider his teammates. Somebody in that locker room (a player) needs to step up and give him a little not so friendly advice.

I'm surprised the coach let him hang around. I would've kicked his ass out of the facility.