SportsWrath

The 2009 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

I think I said this in another post.

I think we'll make the playoffs then after that who knows what happens, fuck if we didnt get hot during our SB run we wouldnt even be talking about "winning again"

So this season we have Nicks start at #1 and have Barden try to get as much playing time as possible, let them do what they can their rookie season and see what happens. We will most likely make the playoffs and see what happens, if we dont make the big dance sure it sucks but big fucking deal we lost our #1 and #2 WR in the offseason not many teams rebound from that.

Next year in 2010 if we dont do anything the previous season then atleast this season will be great, all our rookies will have a year under their belt and we will see what Nicks, Barden and Beckum have done. I'm excited to see it but it seems some people are negative about anything.

we're not talking about a rebuilding team here. we're talking about a perenial superbowl contender and your standards should be just a little higher then "well let's just see how the rookies develop. it should be a darn good time watching the giants whehter they win or lose!". you one of those proponents of 'participation' trophies too? you clearly haven't been paying attention if you think im negative about everything

we're not talking about a rebuilding team here. we're talking about a perenial superbowl contender and your standards should be just a little higher then "well let's just see how the rookies develop. it should be a darn good time watching the giants whehter they win or lose!". you one of those proponents of 'participation' trophies too?

Yeah because thats what I said "I want the Giants to loose" :rolleyes:

Do you even bother to read beyond the first couple sentences?

The Giants will make the playoff this year which is pretty much ever teams goal then from there who knows what will happen thats what makes it the playoffs. Hell up until 2007 no one would of thought the Giants were going to go on one of the best Superbowl runs in NFL history. So settle down there Cap'n we lost both of our starting WRs in Toomer and Plax, Smith should be able to fill in Toomers place easily and that pretty much means we have two guys in Nicks and Barden to try to replace Plax. If this season coming we dont win the Superbowl (like I've said before but since you have such a hard time reading) it will fucking suck since we should be atleast be in the running. However like I believe it was Golf said the Giants appear to be drafting for 2010, meaning we have rookies who could come in and perform this year but at the same time once they get a year of experiance under their belt they should be even better.

Now since you have a hard time reading anything over three sentences let me sum it up for you: Stop being a impatient bitch about the Giants and let the experts do what their doing.

They picked up the inferior kicker. Good for them, they got a kicker that doesn't have enough leg to hit from 50.

Gano has the accuracy and booming leg to hit from 60. But the Giants will not draft a kicker.

I don't know how many years we watch Giants' drafts and they never draft a kicker, why should we expect this to be any different.

I would've picked a kicker before Rhett Bomar, which was a wasted pick. We have Eli, Carr, and Woodson, and Woodson I believe was graded higher than Bomar when he came out, too. Either way, it was a draft for a 3rd string QB at best, when we still could've drafted for potential in any number of areas, such as MLB, S, C, G, or yes, even K.

I dunno, this draft seems different, people on here have been getting what they want this year. I know a lot of people wanted Britt, but Hicks was in a lot of discussions on here the last few weeks. I got Sintim, Bleedin got Barden, Nesta got Bomar :ph34r: . Maybe you and Tree will get your kicker.

I dunno, this draft seems different, people on here have been getting what they want this year. I know a lot of people wanted Britt, but Hicks was in a lot of discussions on here the last few weeks. I got Sintim, Bleedin got Barden, Nesta got Bomar :ph34r: . Maybe you and Tree will get your kicker.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that TC said Tynes was going to be the guy next year. Things can change, though, and I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, very stoked about getting Nicks and Sintim! I was with you on that. Nicks and Britt were tied to me. I would've been equally happy with either. But now that they got Barden, Nicks fits better. And I was all about Sintim for our SAM! That was awesome, our defense is going to be CRAZY good.

that's not what i said you said.

i read your entire post. it was redundant, boring, and was stating the obvious (blah blah the giants will make the playoffs and then who knows what will happen! blah blah thanks captain obvious) but i read it.

The Giants will make the playoff this year which is pretty much ever teams goal then from there who knows what will happen thats what makes it the playoffs.

redundant

Hell up until 2007 no one would of thought the Giants were going to go on one of the best Superbowl runs in NFL history. So settle down there Cap'n we lost both of our starting WRs in Toomer and Plax, Smith should be able to fill in Toomers place easily and that pretty much means we have two guys in Nicks and Barden to try to replace Plax. If this season coming we dont win the Superbowl (like I've said before but since you have such a hard time reading) it will fucking suck since we should be atleast be in the running. However like I believe it was Golf said the Giants appear to be drafting for 2010, meaning we have rookies who could come in and perform this year but at the same time once they get a year of experiance under their belt they should be even better.

this would all be great and relevant if i was discussing 2010. im not, im discussing 2009. we have an extremely talented and well coached team that had a gaping hole when burress shot himself. we will not be winning the superbowl next season if we do not fix this problem and all the talent on our team will go to waste. maybe it was fixed with those two picks, maybe not. it's definitely worth discussing though and you certainly haven't said anything on here lately or in the past that gives you some sort of authority to tell me what i can and cannot discuss. you're a thread filler and that's really all i have to say about that.

this would all be great and relevant if i was discussing 2010. im not, im discussing 2009. we have an extremely talented and well coached team that had a gaping hole when burress shot himself. we will not be winning the superbowl next season if we do not fix this problem. maybe it was fixed with those two picks, maybe not. it's definitely worth discussing though and you certainly haven't said anything on here lately or in the past that gives you some sort of authority to tell me what i can and cannot discuss. you're a thread filler and that's really all i have to say about that.

Not as gaping a hole as Plax had.

this would all be great and relevant if i was discussing 2010. im not, im discussing 2009. we have an extremely talented and well coached team that had a gaping hole when burress shot himself. we will not be winning the superbowl next season if we do not fix this problem and all the talent on our team will go to waste. maybe it was fixed with those two picks, maybe not. it's definitely worth discussing though and you certainly haven't said anything on here lately or in the past that gives you some sort of authority to tell me what i can and cannot discuss. you're a thread filler and that's really all i have to say about that.

You know I'm not even going to bother :rolleyes:

You know I'm not even going to bother :rolleyes:

what a shame, i was looking forward to you repeating yourself a few more times and stating more obvious things. maybe you could tell us how many games the giants play or what position eli plays.

what a shame, i was looking forward to you repeating yourself a few more times and stating more obvious things. maybe you could tell us how many games the giants play or what position eli plays.

So then I can listen to you repeat yourself as well? "Oh the Giants have a glaring hole at WR" lol no kidding. "Oh I still have concerns with our passing game" Really Cap'n? You do?

Oh well I guess I just gave into your pathetic attempt to make me respond, I feel a shamed about it.

The Giants will make the playoff this year which is pretty much ever teams goal then from there who knows what will happen thats what makes it the playoffs. Hell up until 2007 no one would of thought the Giants were going to go on one of the best Superbowl runs in NFL history. So settle down there Cap'n we lost both of our starting WRs in Toomer and Plax, Smith should be able to fill in Toomers place easily and that pretty much means we have two guys in Nicks and Barden to try to replace Plax. If this season coming we dont win the Superbowl (like I've said before but since you have such a hard time reading) it will fucking suck since we should be atleast be in the running. However like I believe it was Golf said the Giants appear to be drafting for 2010, meaning we have rookies who could come in and perform this year but at the same time once they get a year of experiance under their belt they should be even better.

Now since you have a hard time reading anything over three sentences let me sum it up for you: Stop being a impatient bitch about the Giants and let the experts do what their doing.

he never read this since it was the 7th sentence. You should have started with this line instead of ending with it.

Color me a skeptic, but WTF???

A second team All Mountain West pick. The guy is considered "too slight of frame" for the NFL...has a history of injuries....and has had both shoulders operated on since the season ended.

Maybe there's something the front office knows that everyone else doesn't know. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like a really wasted pick. I would've loved to see a kicker instead of this. Hope I'm proved wrong.

So then I can listen to you repeat yourself as well? "Oh the Giants have a glaring hole at WR" lol no kidding. "Oh I still have concerns with our passing game" Really Cap'n? You do?

Oh well I guess I just gave into your pathetic attempt to make me respond, I feel a shamed about it.

i wasn't trying to make you respond. you don't bring anything to the table that would make me want to elicit any sort of reaction out of you.

you reacted to a statement i made regarding our passing game going into the 2009 season as it relates to our draft picks so far. you seemed to think this had something to do with the year 2010. clearly it does not as 2010 is not the same year as 2009 (it's the year after, fyi) so I once again again stated the issue at hand for your own benefit. it's not the same thing as repeating one's self and stating the obvious (our goal is to make the playoffs, then anything can happen in the nfl!!!! zzzz) in support of one's argument as it has already been previously said. if you would like to start another discussion about these wr's and how they might develop and how good they might be in 2010 please feel free to do so and also feel free to repeat the topic of discussion as many times as you want to those who dont seem to understand what you'd like to discuss.

i'll give you one thing, at least you didnt backpeddle on this thread like you did on the wrestling thread.