SportsWrath

The 2009 NFL Draft Day Thread

Lughead

I predict the Giants will STILL get Braylon Edwards like the Saints got Shockey last year. I believe the Giants may toss in a player as well.....

This has been a good draft, combine this with the free agent signings and Reese has adressed needs.

I have the same prediction as you.. except it's Boldin we're getting.

Drafting for the practice squad now?

*shrugs* young QB who probably has more upside then that one kid on our practice squad right now. You never know Carr will probably get bored of sitting on the bench and want to start somewhere nearing the end part of his career, so having some QB sitting on the practice squad learning our system and such could step in if (god forbid) Eli go down.

I remember hearing a lot of good things about Bomar when he was with the Sooners. Nesta will be able to tell us about him. Can't remember what got him kicked off the team but he's supposed to be talented.

He looked very good as a freshman. Very mobile and quick to make something happen with his feet. Good at throwing on the run, and despite the mobility a good pocket passer. Made mistakes as expected from a young guy, but not a ton of them. I was pretty down when we lost him actually. Until Bradford showed up.

He got in trouble for being on the payroll of a local car dealership (not to mention being in possession of one of their cars) without actually working at the joint.

I remember hearing a lot of good things about Bomar when he was with the Sooners. Nesta will be able to tell us about him. Can't remember what got him kicked off the team but he's supposed to be talented.

He was accepting money from a car dealership that had him as an employee, but he never actually worked there.