SportsWrath

TO Cut!!

jranieli

Burning question: Does this move make Dallas a better team by addition from subtraction? A case can be made that it does.

Discuss.

Only time will tell.... I think if the go for Holt, they improve big time.

This wasn't a surprise. His numbers haven't been the same and Jerry knows where to put the money and he's just making space. Question only remains if the stadium gets renamed to the home of Demarcus Ware.

This wasn't a surprise. His numbers haven't been the same and Jerry knows where to put the money and he's just making space. Question only remains if the stadium gets renamed to the home of Demarcus Ware.

:LMAO:

I guess it official...

NFL.com

Reports: Cowboys release T.O.

Posted: News | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Terrell Owens

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, according to multiple reports.

The 35-year-old Owens, a six-time Pro Bowler, had 69 catches for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, all his lowest totals as a member of the Cowboys.

In January, NFL Network analyst Michael Lombardi reported the Cowboys were considering cutting Owens. The receiver was slated to carry a 2009 salary-cap number of $8.995 million. By releasing him before June, his 2009 salary-cap charge to Dallas accelerates to $9.675 million.

The Dallas Morning News reported on its web site late Wednesday that Owens was informed of the decision by team officials.

:doh:

It's not that bad of an idea if it's heavily incentive based. He's a great competitor on the field and just hates losing. With a strict coach and a last chance contract I doubt he'd fuck up again. Hell he wasn't that bad in Dallas he just felt that he was their best opportunity to win. The only concern I would have is if he is lagging and not very good anymore. Also does this mean Reeves may come back to Dallas?

I really dont want him, but the Giants and their players/coaches would be just the ones to shut him the fuck up.

"Listen T.O., your a phenomenal athelete, but we shut your ass down en route to a SB. Shut the fuck up and listen to us."

It could work.

To be fair his numbers dropped off when Romo was out. He still had a good season. I'm surprised buy this move.

That said I do NOT want him on our team.

Depending on our draft, I might consider Torry Holt. I consider him stop gap for the time being, but I doubt Plax will play this year and if he does go to jail, he won't be in shape to play this season until the end and then we'll see if Reese really keeps hiim.

I say we use hiim and trade him off is what I expect. Just enough to get his value back up while we seek a non-douchebaggy kind of dude. You don't get another chance in our franchise and that's that. No act of contrition will cover it and we should all just prepare for it now.

As for Torry, he would be good and I could live with him for a 3 year contract, see if he works out and then draft our asses off at WR and TE

It's not that bad of an idea if it's heavily incentive based. He's a great competitor on the field and just hates losing. With a strict coach and a last chance contract I doubt he'd fuck up again. Hell he wasn't that bad in Dallas he just felt that he was their best opportunity to win. The only concern I would have is if he is lagging and not very good anymore. Also does this mean Reeves may come back to Dallas?

Um if it's incentive based, and he's not getting his touches then he'll go crazy on Eli. And you know that

Depending on our draft, I might consider Torry Holt. I consider him stop gap for the time being, but I doubt Plax will play this year and if he does go to jail, he won't be in shape to play this season until the end and then we'll see if Reese really keeps hiim.

I say we use hiim and trade him off is what I expect. Just enough to get his value back up while we seek a non-douchebaggy kind of dude. You don't get another chance in our franchise and that's that. No act of contrition will cover it and we should all just prepare for it now.

As for Torry, he would be good and I could live with him for a 3 year contract, see if he works out and then draft our asses off at WR and TE

Isn't he as old as dust? :confused: It seems like forever ago when he was a Ram