SportsWrath

TO Cut!!

jranieli

I knew some people would say it would be good to pick him up, and that our team would change him. You don't change people like TO. He is who he is. He was a prick in SF, a prick in Philadelphia, and a prick in Dallas. He caused problems with the quarterback and the coaches everywhere he went, and at times was a major distraction everywhere he went. He will not change in NY just because some people might tell him to STFU. I bet that's been tried before... in Philly, remember that?

I can just imagine how TO would be catastrophic to Eli. We need a hard working type that is competitive but also knows he has to do what's best for the team. Someone like Braylon or Boldin.

TO will land somewhere, I'm glad it won't be in NY.

I could see Sean Payton taking a chance on him in New Orleans, actually. TO might actually be happy there, because even though they spread the ball around, they pass about 70% of the time or more.

I knew some people would say it would be good to pick him up, and that our team would change him. You don't change people like TO. He is who he is. He was a prick in SF, a prick in Philadelphia, and a prick in Dallas. He caused problems with the quarterback and the coaches everywhere he went, and at times was a major distraction everywhere he went. He will not change in NY just because some people might tell him to STFU. I bet that's been tried before... in Philly, remember that?

I can just imagine how TO would be catastrophic to Eli. We need a hard working type that is competitive but also knows he has to do what's best for the team. Someone like Braylon or Boldin.

TO will land somewhere, I'm glad it won't be in NY.

I could see Sean Payton taking a chance on him in New Orleans, actually. TO might actually be happy there, because even though they spread the ball around, they pass about 70% of the time or more.

I dont know. Eli has been through the NY Media and fanbase while struggling, played with a somewhat troublesome and immature WR in Plax, took the whole Tiki situatioon in stride and gets up from getting the snot knocked outta him numerous times. I really dont think T.O. would affect him too much.

dallas has 8 picks in the 09 draft. i know they traded their 7th in 2010, beyond that i dont know how many picks they have

That about how many picks Romo's gonna throw against us with that nasty D. :evilgrin:

I dont know. Eli has been through the NY Media and fanbase while struggling, played with a somewhat troublesome and immature WR in Plax, took the whole Tiki situatioon in stride and gets up from getting the snot knocked outta him numerous times. I really dont think T.O. would affect him too much.

Giants just say no to TO

Terrell Owens is suddenly available to the highest bidder after he was released by the Dallas Cowboys late last night.

But the highest bidder will not be the Giants.

According to somebody familiar with the Giants’ thinking, the team has zero interest in the 35-year-old headache/receiver. None.

And really, can you blame them for their lack of interest? They had a ringside side as the uber-talented receiver helped temporarily tear apart the Philadelphia Eagles, and most recently they’ve watched him star in the Dallas Cowboys’ circus. Now Jerry Jones doesn’t even want a part of him anymore.

And you’ve got to ask yourself, if Jones won’t touch him …

Wouldn’t it make more sense anyway for the Giants to sit back and let Owens complete the NFC East trifecta and ruin the Washington Redskins, too?

Sure, Owens is talented. He’s topped 1,000 receiving yards in nine of the last 11 seasons. But in addition to being a powder keg, the 6-3, 218-pounder is also 35 years old. And, despite his release, he’s always been about the money. He was due $2.67 million in salary in 2009 and a $3.1 million roster bonus in June. He’s not likely to willingly give up a penny of that, so his asking price will probably start at $5.77 million. Plus, I doubt he’s looking for just a one-year deal.

So, if the Giants want a replacement (either permanent or temporary) for Plaxico Burress — and it’s not clear yet if they actually do — they’ll be looking elsewhere. The T.O. Circus is apparently not coming to town.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/

New York Giants not interested in Terrell Owens

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Thursday March 05, 2009, 9:57 AM

Howard Smith/US PresswireOwens will surely hear from a few teams. But the Giants won't be one of them.

We know what you're thinking: the Giants are without one of the top receivers in the league right now, so why not sign Terrell Owens now that he's been cut by the Cowboys?

Forget it.

According to somone familiar with the team's thinking, it's not happening. They don't want anything to do with him. Not today. Not tomorrow. And from the sound of it, not even if Plaxico Burress goes to jail.

Forget it.

MG

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/beat_writers_blog/

dallas has 8 picks in the 09 draft. i know they traded their 7th in 2010, beyond that i dont know how many picks they have

Didn't they just give up a 1st, 3rd and 5th for Roy Williams.

I can't see it. They'll make Roy Williams their no 1 receiver and I'm convinced they'll try to bring in an older free agent as a number 2 and hope it works.

None of that is a comparable to a in-your-face confrontation from a diva WR demanding the ball in the huddle and on the sidelines that affects your focus and decision-making. This is on the field stuff, most of what you said is off the field stuff, huge difference.

None of that is a comparable to a in-your-face confrontation from a diva WR demanding the ball in the huddle and on the sidelines that affects your focus and decision-making. This is on the field stuff, most of what you said is off the field stuff, huge difference.

You put WAAY to much emphasis into a crybaby whiny bitch. I believe not only would Eli not be affected by him, Jacobs would stomp him the fuck out.

You put WAAY to much emphasis into a crybaby whiny bitch. I believe not only would Eli not be affected by him, Jacobs would stomp him the fuck out.

No I don't. I just believe that you have to get into the mind of T.O. to understand T.O. And when you do that, you realize he will never change.

lol... i know what he's trying to say though. He's had 3 qb's, and 3 failures. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys even failed. I don't think we could do anything any differantly then either of those 3 clubs. I want our Plax back :cwy:

lol... i know what he's trying to say though. He's had 3 qb's, and 3 failures. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys even failed. I don't think we could do anything any differantly then either of those 3 clubs. I want our Plax back :cwy:

Man, if we get him back, we are our SB team again, only this time, on Steroids! lol

Um if it's incentive based, and he's not getting his touches then he'll go crazy on Eli. And you know that

Then cut his ass. The great thing about an incentive contract is that it's easy to dump. More than likely our #1 WR is now going to be Hixon and a rookie. This is not good and TO can be a backup plan. I doubt the Giants will sign him but in a few months if he is still without a team I am sure you can get him on the cheap.

I hope that the people here that think TO would be worth a gamble, are not the same people who said good riddance to Shockey.

Honestly, you'd be much better off with somebody like Randy Moss, who's a far better receiver now overall.

Didn't they just give up a 1st, 3rd and 5th for Roy Williams.

I can't see it. They'll make Roy Williams their no 1 receiver and I'm convinced they'll try to bring in an older free agent as a number 2 and hope it works.

they got a pick from tennessee from suspending pacman and they are getting 2 comp picks too