SportsWrath

Something about pierce that got me thinking.

Virginia Giant

On NFL Live they reported some sports reporter that said Pierce is getting a pass because the Giants need him more than Plax. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I've always thought pierce is a little overrated as a player, he's a liability in coverage and I don't think their would be a big drop off in play if Blackburn were starting instead. Now, where Pierce is valuable is his leadership, his teammates look up to him and he is the unquestioned leader of the defense. And that trait on this team is invaluable, but the idea that we wouldn't be able to replace Pierce the player is just false.

they could all go suck a dick. Skip Bayless said yesterday that the Giants should be forced to give up a draft pick in their involvement in the alleged coverup.

Skip Bayless also said the Giants were stupid for playing their starters against the Pats

in the last game of the season. He still said they were stupid the day after they won the Superbowl.

Bayless can go choke on Llama's balls for all I care.

Skip Bayless also said the Giants were stupid for playing their starters against the Pats

in the last game of the season. He still said they were stupid the day after they won the Superbowl.

Bayless can go choke on Llama's balls for all I care.

His parents were stupid for calling him Skip.

On NFL Live they reported some sports reporter that said Pierce is getting a pass because the Giants need him more than Plax. I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I've always thought pierce is a little overrated as a player, he's a liability in coverage and I don't think their would be a big drop off in play if Blackburn were starting instead. Now, where Pierce is valuable is his leadership, his teammates look up to him and he is the unquestioned leader of the defense. And that trait on this team is invaluable, but the idea that we wouldn't be able to replace Pierce the player is just false.

I agree about replacing Pierce. He's getting a pass from everyone not just the FO because he hasn't done anything wrong per se. He was in a tough position and had to do something... he was looking out for his friend.

I agree about replacing Pierce. He's getting a pass from everyone not just the FO because he hasn't done anything wrong per se. He was in a tough position and had to do something... he was looking out for his friend.

I agree Nas, everyone who is trying to trash the guy are complete idiots, and most of them are biased and just want to see the Giants lose, so they are coming down on Pierce. FOR WHAT? His buddy just shot himself. I'd be scared to death that my buddy was going to die on me or something... even though it was in the leg. Sean Taylor got shot in the leg, too! Dude just reacted like any friend would, and there is no crime there. He's getting a pass because there is no reason to try and make him a criminal. And people are just reaching, including Skip Bayless, who is clueless more than half the time anyways, with this whole 'coverup' thing. I do believe it was the Giants who reported the incident to authorities in the first place! And Pierce? What did he have to coverup? His buddy got shot and he took him to a hospital. Nobody else got hurt. I wouldn't call the cops. What is he supposed to do...

911 Operator: 911 what's your emergency?

Antonio Pierce: Yes, this is Antonio Pierce, starting Middle Linebacker for your defending SuperBowl Champion New York Giants. My buddy Plaxico Burress, starting wide receiver for your defending SuperBowl New York Giants, just shot himself in the leg. I'm taking him to the hospital at this time. Please send police to arrest him upon his being released right away. Just please don't call Coach Coughlin. Thanks.

I agree with you man, a liability in coverage, prone to getting juked out of his shoes, and just overall slow and getting old. I'm no Chase Blackburn fan but I've been chanting for a first round MLB for a while now.

I agree with you man, a liability in coverage, prone to getting juked out of his shoes, and just overall slow and getting old. I'm no Chase Blackburn fan but I've been chanting for a first round MLB for a while now.

His leadership makes up for a lot of it though, there are more physically gifted mlb's out there, but Pierce is like the Giants defensive spokesman.

My only beef was with the espn reporter stating the Giants are giving Pierce a pass because he is irreplaceable, at least from the playing part, thats not true.

I hear ya man. He's too old. Old guys cant do stuff the younger guys can. Like, for example, while getting blocked by two defenders in lets say, a cold place like, uhhh, I dont know, Green Bay Wisc., make the tackle on the RB while dragging those 2 defenders with you.

No old guy could do that. :ph34r:

I hear ya man. He's too old. Old guys cant do stuff the younger guys can. Like, for example, while getting blocked by two defenders in lets say, a cold place like, uhhh, I dont know, Green Bay Wisc., make the tackle on the RB while dragging those 2 defenders with you.

No old guy could do that. :ph34r:

He flat out sucked balls today.

Pierce is great. He is a great leader and smart, knows his assignment and is in the right place all the time. That said, him and Westbrook one on one in space? That matchup will be won by Westbrook everytime, and it doesn't matter how old Pierce is either, because I don't think he's ever been as quick and athletic as Westbrook. He had no help on that play and that was the problem. We need to invest in a speedy WLB maybe in the draft or FA this offseason, because I can't say that speed is any of their strongsuits.

I agree Nas, everyone who is trying to trash the guy are complete idiots, and most of them are biased and just want to see the Giants lose, so they are coming down on Pierce. FOR WHAT? His buddy just shot himself. I'd be scared to death that my buddy was going to die on me or something... even though it was in the leg. Sean Taylor got shot in the leg, too! Dude just reacted like any friend would, and there is no crime there. He's getting a pass because there is no reason to try and make him a criminal. And people are just reaching, including Skip Bayless, who is clueless more than half the time anyways, with this whole 'coverup' thing. I do believe it was the Giants who reported the incident to authorities in the first place! And Pierce? What did he have to coverup? His buddy got shot and he took him to a hospital. Nobody else got hurt. I wouldn't call the cops. What is he supposed to do...

911 Operator: 911 what's your emergency?

Antonio Pierce: Yes, this is Antonio Pierce, starting Middle Linebacker for your defending SuperBowl Champion New York Giants. My buddy Plaxico Burress, starting wide receiver for your defending SuperBowl New York Giants, just shot himself in the leg. I'm taking him to the hospital at this time. Please send police to arrest him upon his being released right away. Just please don't call Coach Coughlin. Thanks.

not to drag this tired debate up again, but the dog would argue that if you are in fact scared for your friend's life, don't you make every effort to get him medical attention immediately, regardless of your name/profession?