SportsWrath

For as good as reese has been...

BurnThePhilFans

He made a bad move signing Ward to only a 1 year deal. I'm sure the Eagles are licking their chops right now knowing that they can turn Westbrook and Ward into a 2 back system.

I like ward, but do you really think he'd be as good on another team? I think the giants o-line has a lot to do with his success. Philly's o line is pretty good, but not like the giants

As much as I love Ward, he has had injury problems in the past and we still do not know if he is a 25 carry/game back. I liken this to the Lewis Tillman situation of the early 90's, he was terrific along with Hampton, but when given the prime spot was just not as good.

Reese has to probably decide whether they want to sign Ward or Jacobs, my guess is its Jacobs with Bradshaw elevating to the Ward role.

Its possible no one pays Ward starter money and he comes back as well.

i think time and injuries may be finally catching up to brian westbrook. he'll turn 30 at the beginning of next season, the magic number for backs it seems. so, they may just be licking their chops for ward, he'd fit right in that system.

i think time and injuries may be finally catching up to brian westbrook.

I think another prime candidate for that problem is LDT. His numbers are down this season, he has a lot of wear and tear, and he ain't getting younger.

What I am hoping is the Giants can convince Jacobs AND Ward that they would be better served by staying with the Giants where they won't be worn down by a FULL time starter role. They will stay healthier by taking a lower contract but with it lower carries. There are certainly some teams out there that would take either, especially Jacobs, and try and plug them in as a 30+ carry guy but recent history shows that is only going to break their bodies.

yeh i can't imagine Ward being as good on another team... but it's all about the stats when come signing time.. other teams will over pay...

Neither of those Bro's in your sig are me my friend. That look of amazement on their faces is them seeing me approach light speed as I dive down upon Ms. Hypnotize....lol. Ward is the man and he is a team guy; I see him being reasonable in salary negotiations.

Really the O-line is responsible for the success of the running game. Did you see the holes they opened up agianst the Egirls? When the RB does not get touched until he is 3 yards past the line of scrimage it is easy to look good.

Keeping Jacobs and Bradshaw is key, and maybe using a draft pick for another young RB.

he has signed a one year deal for a reason and that reason is Ahmad Bradshaw...in other words Ward is expendable. Some team will pay him way too much money like the Browns gave Reuben Droughns, and he now makes the league min. on our special teams after that trade for Tim Carter. Unless the money is so great, I doubt that Ward will leave anyway.

he has signed a one year deal for a reason and that reason is Ahmad Bradshaw...in other words Ward is expendable. Some team will pay him way too much money like the Browns gave Reuben Droughns, and he now makes the league min. on our special teams after that trade for Tim Carter. Unless the money is so great, I doubt that Ward will leave anyway.

I believe Droughans made more than the league minimum when we signed him, maybe this year, but not last year. And if Ward is gone next year, Droghans may be with us again next year. he didn't have a bad year last year, he's just too far down the pecking order now. But over Tim Carter, the guy was a steal.

Ward will get an offer somewhere, he's done a good job these last 2 years and when Jacobs was hurt last year he was among the league top rushers. He'll get his contract from someone, I doubt it'll be us though. He deserves what he gets.

I like ward, but do you really think he'd be as good on another team? I think the giants o-line has a lot to do with his success. Philly's o line is pretty good, but not like the giants

agreed...and now let the public flogging of the dog commense over this next line:

Brandon Jacobs would not be effective without a great o-line either...on many other teams, he may not even be a factor...in fact, the dog might argue that he is overrated...INCOMING!

agreed...and now let the public flogging of the dog commense over this next line:

Brandon Jacobs would not be effective without a great o-line either...on many other teams, he may not even be a factor...in fact, the dog might argue that he is overrated...INCOMING!

Well, the overrated part, you should expect a flogging. I dont think even you believe that. But no RB is that good w/o a good Oline.

Well, the overrated part, you should expect a flogging. I dont think even you believe that. But no RB is that good w/o a good Oline.

the dog expects as much...here is the thing - everyone gets wrapped up with him running over defenders. take a look back at all those moments, and see how often he lowers his shoulder and runs through anyone that is not a defensive back...then go back and look at how many times he creates yards when there are no holes...then go back and look at how many times during his big yardage games that he gets to the second level without being touched...the giants have even turned to other backs in short yardage situations at times, and last year in the playoffs, during crunch time, the fastest way to spot jacobs was to find him on the sidelines...

the dog isn't saying he is a bad back, just that he is overrated...when the chips are down, you get the ball in the hands of the player that is going to get the job done - in three playoff games last year, he was not the back the giants turned to...if there is not a hole, he does not create as many yards as people would think...

so yes, the dog believes that...but again, to each his own...

He made a bad move signing Ward to only a 1 year deal. I'm sure the Eagles are licking their chops right now knowing that they can turn Westbrook and Ward into a 2 back system.

At 5-4, at the bottom of the NFC east and just having had their ass handed to them, I kinda doubt the Eagles are licking their chops about anything right now. They're up shit's creek with a turd for a paddle.

the dog expects as much...here is the thing - everyone gets wrapped up with him running over defenders. take a look back at all those moments, and see how often he lowers his shoulder and runs through anyone that is not a defensive back...then go back and look at how many times he creates yards when there are no holes...then go back and look at how many times during his big yardage games that he gets to the second level without being touched...the giants have even turned to other backs in short yardage situations at times, and last year in the playoffs, during crunch time, the fastest way to spot jacobs was to find him on the sidelines...

the dog isn't saying he is a bad back, just that he is overrated...when the chips are down, you get the ball in the hands of the player that is going to get the job done - in three playoff games last year, he was not the back the giants turned to...if there is not a hole, he does not create as many yards as people would think...

He is hardly overrated. You rarely hear anything about Jacobs, even though he's top 5 in rushing td's and second in ypc only to ward.

There's no secret to our running game. What Jacobs does to the defense is not in the stat line. It's in the defenders bent over gasping for breath in the 3rd qtr or jumping out of a runningbacks path because he just can't bring himself to tackle.

this guy is just comical- next he'll be telling us that Joseph Addai is top 5 in the league and Edge was best ever.

No incoming. I'm sure we can debate respectfully...

I will argue that no running back can thrive without a solid OL. You really think Emmit Smith is somebody without that offensive line? BJ is huge.. his size along intimidates opponents. Much like ANY big guy, the way to stop him is to hit him before he gains momentum.

The thing about having a RB like Jacobs is he punished defenders.. even if they "stop" him... as the game goes on.. their bodies take a beating. Besides the Giants are not a bunch of super-stars... more like a bunch of solid players who play like a team.

P.S. I remember a few years ago playing football in CT. I was able to stop Big Jacob on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line... I weighed 135 and he weighed 282... why? I blitzed up the middle and hit him low as soon as he got the ball from the QB.

He is hardly overrated. You rarely hear anything about Jacobs, even though he's top 5 in rushing td's and second in ypc only to ward.

There's no secret to our running game. What Jacobs does to the defense is not in the stat line. It's in the defenders bent over gasping for breath in the 3rd qtr or jumping out of a runningbacks path because he just can't bring himself to tackle.

Excellent point, Nesta. Brandon (and anyone from the NY Giants) don't make the super-star list... we don't send 13 players to the Pro-Bowl.. we just win games.. playoff games.. and super bowls.

No incoming. I'm sure we can debate respectfully...

I will argue that no running back can thrive without a solid OL. You really think Emmit Smith is somebody without that offensive line? BJ is huge.. his size along intimidates opponents. Much like ANY big guy, the way to stop him is to hit him before he gains momentum.

The thing about having a RB like Jacobs is he punished defenders.. even if they "stop" him... as the game goes on.. their bodies take a beating. Besides the Giants are not a bunch of super-stars... more like a bunch of solid players who play like a team.

P.S. I remember a few years ago playing football in CT. I was able to stop Big Jacob on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line... I weighed 135 and he weighed 282... why? I blitzed up the middle and hit him low as soon as he got the ball from the QB.

the dog respects what you are saying - but the punishing part the dog just doesn't see on a regular basis - if you really watch closely, he saves the punishing for the d-backs...he does not run as hard or with as much conviction otherwise...

the dog respects what you are saying - but the punishing part the dog just doesn't see on a regular basis - if you really watch closely, he saves the punishing for the d-backs...he does not run as hard or with as much conviction otherwise...

on a side note dog have you ever disagreed with egg.... ever?

Usually D-backs show up when he's in full momentum. I think he was going at LBers too.. especially against the eagles.