SportsWrath

Who would you take over Eli Manning right now?

gateb

Seriously, who? The guy does it all. He's money in the biggest of spots, great teammate, stand up guy when it comes to the media.

I wouldn't trade this guy for anyone.

I dont know if I would take anyone. Although you have to look at his O line they deserve a lot of credit.

He has command of this team and of the playbook. His on field intelligence at this point I would say rivals Peyton's. He has become an elite QB in the NFL. The Giants need to remember to always make sure Eli has a good O-line like he does now, though. This is fun... being a Giants fan right now. It's great because we are 4-0 and staring at Cleveland, San Francisco, and an increasingly banged up Pittsburgh team the next 3 weeks. I really like our chances in this division this year. Redskins are doing us favors, too, by beating up on Cowboys and Egirls, while we already have a win against them.

Yeah Eli has only been sacked 5 times, he must feel really comfortable back there knowing what kind of protection he has.

With what I saw with Carr

God forbid........... nm I ain't gonna say it but you know

There are more skilled qb's out there, Brady for example, but anyone think Brady would fit into our team philosophy? I don't see a super star, super model girl friend, galavanting around the town etc working for this team well.

I think Eli fits out team perfectly, a humble do what ever is asked of him, be it hand it off all day or carry the team on his back and lead the team down the field late in the game for a game winning score.

maybe brady after seeing how horrible the pats are w/o him, but probably not

I meant among QBs that are healthy.

You know what else impressed the hell out of me today? When it was 37-6 I looked down at the sidelines and everyone looked so focused, like it was 17-13.

Reflection of the franchise, from top to bottom.

Brady or Romo are comparable. Strictly for this season, I'd say Brees as well.

I'll take the guy that plays his best ball when the games are most important.

When Romo proves he can do that then I'll take him over Eli.

Brady or Romo are comparable. Strictly for this season, I'd say Brees as well.

My only beef with Romo is he turns it over so much, he fumbles like Kurt Warner.

I'd consider Palmer, he's just unfortunate enough to play on that cluster fuck in Cincy.

My only beef with Romo is he turns it over so much, he fumbles like Kurt Warner.

I'd consider Palmer, he's just unfortunate enough to play on that cluster fuck in Cincy.

if romo had our Oline, he wouldn't turn over so much. when eli had a shaky o line, he did.

it's all about the hogs.

just defending my side of it.

im pretty fixed on the fact i want no other QB in the league to be wearing NY on his helmet right now.

Agreed, why did you even make this thread....? Such a pointless thread, man...

if romo had our Oline, he wouldn't turn over so much. when eli had a shaky o line, he did.

it's all about the hogs.

There is some truth to that, but I don't think Dallas has a bad line either, Romo spends as much time doing a jig back there when nobody is around him as he does looking for who is open. Romo is a fine QB, but he has a tendancy to be really bone headed.

There are more skilled qb's out there, Brady for example, but anyone think Brady would fit into our team philosophy? I don't see a super star, super model girl friend, galavanting around the town etc working for this team well.

not just that, but imagine brady coming in late and the only excuse he has for TC is .. he had to walk his supermodel gf's little dog...

I think Eli fits out team perfectly, a humble do what ever is asked of him, be it hand it off all day or carry the team on his back and lead the team down the field late in the game for a game winning score.

the dog's not sure why he wouldn't. he has played in a system that preaches the team concept for years with some success. Brady has always been pretty classy, and was always the team leader in offseason workouts (until this past season).

Aside from Brady, the dog is hard-pressed to ignore Peyton Manning.

After that, there are several QB's that could be considered (Romo, Brees and Cutler)...but this would have to be better assessed as the year progresses...still too young in the season to determine, and Manning is playing at a higher level then ever has...

the dog's not sure why he wouldn't. he has played in a system that preaches the team concept for years with some success. Brady has always been pretty classy, and was always the team leader in offseason workouts (until this past season).

Aside from Brady, the dog is hard-pressed to ignore Peyton Manning.

After that, there are several QB's that could be considered (Romo, Brees and Cutler)...but this would have to be better assessed as the year progresses...still too young in the season to determine, and Manning is playing at a higher level then ever has...

Brees and Cutler, maybe. But not someone who is averaging a pick a game and fumbles more than a guy with no hands. Romo only has alot of yds because he's aired it out in desperation three times this season. Only CLE was fairly easy for them, but since opening day, their D has struggled, therefore forcing Tony to throw. He aint the great QB everyone has him painted out to be.

Brees and Cutler, maybe. But not someone who is averaging a pick a game and fumbles more than a guy with no hands. Romo only has alot of yds because he's aired it out in desperation three times this season. Only CLE was fairly easy for them, but since opening day, their D has struggled, therefore forcing Tony to throw. He aint the great QB everyone has him painted out to be.

all the more reason why he is a legit QB, in the dog's opinion. if he can still put up good numbers and win facing "desperation" situations, isn't that a mark of a good QB (the same mark many here use for Manning...)...the fact is, he is a good QB, whether you love the cowboys or hate the cowboys, and if you are truely respectful of the game, and not just a homer, you can admit to that fact (honestly, the dog means no offense with that, but it is true...)...